Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

What team is going to win the College World Series?

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by jonriv » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Battle wrote:
jonriv wrote:Michigan playing rec ball throwing the ball around the field. Sometimes the best throw is the one not made

That's easy to say after the fact. You don't get in any championship being scared to throw the ball when it's time to throw the ball. Just know when to do it. If you're throwing to a place that you shouldn't then that's another story. JMO

The throw home made sense. The throw to second was dumb because the go-ahead run scores regardless of outcome. Multiple throws across the infield seldom have good results. Not playing scared, just smart
jonriv

by Battle » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:42 pm

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:
juandoe wrote:
jonriv wrote:So which team has tye lowest percentage of Cali players? Since last year that was the team that won :D

Speaking of the team that won last year. Where are they? :lol:

The same place all the Cali teams are. Maybe they can watch it together. :mrgreen: :lol:

Cal-Austin eliminates Florida, the team with the least players from California. UT has as many Cali players in their core 10 as from Texas. :o All the other teams have more Cali players than from in-state amongst their starters plus #2 pitcher. CA is well represented amongst the 8 teams with 42 of the core 85 players. OU has the most with 8.

I hear UCLA fans are rooting for Cal-Austin because they have a Bruin (i.e. Kim Bruins). :lol:

Go Cal-Norman! :mrgreen:

HA...Just proves for your Cali players to be great, they really need the other states as teammates. At least this year. Maybe it's just better coaching in Texas. :mrgreen: :lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by PDad » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:55 pm

jonriv wrote:Both hrs by Texas player (today and previous)should have been caught. Florida lf did not track balls to the wall (the hr and the long single). The fl cf was excellent in comparison

:roll: Could have been caught - obviously. You sound like the simpletons that say any ball off leather is an error. At least yesterday's didn't bounce off her head a la Canseco. It's ludicrous to say they're poor because today's would have been a web gem if she pulled it back in. The long single off the top of the wall would have been a HR except the wind kept it in. These were not routine plays. It's not unusual to see MLB players struggle catching balls near the wall/fence.

I agree Florida's CF is excellent. Should she have made the diving catch that was apparently ruled a trap last night?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:02 pm

Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:Cal-Austin eliminates Florida, the team with the least players from California. UT has as many Cali players in their core 10 as from Texas. :o All the other teams have more Cali players than from in-state amongst their starters plus #2 pitcher. CA is well represented amongst the 8 teams with 42 of the core 85 players. OU has the most with 8.

I hear UCLA fans are rooting for Cal-Austin because they have a Bruin (i.e. Kim Bruins). :lol:

HA...Just proves for your Cali players to be great, they really need the other states as teammates. At least this year. Maybe it's just better coaching in Texas. :mrgreen: :lol:

Gasso is obviously a better evaluator, recruiter and coach than anyone we have in state.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:10 pm

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:Cal-Austin eliminates Florida, the team with the least players from California. UT has as many Cali players in their core 10 as from Texas. :o All the other teams have more Cali players than from in-state amongst their starters plus #2 pitcher. CA is well represented amongst the 8 teams with 42 of the core 85 players. OU has the most with 8.

Gasso is obviously a better evaluator, recruiter and coach than anyone we have in state.

I would've thought that your coaches would've found a way to keep the cream of the crop in your state. Are you saying the ones that left were coached up from another state? :o

As far as CA being represented well, I don't see a true CA team in this. Can you point me to one? :?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by PDad » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:33 pm

Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:

I would've thought that your coaches would've found a way to keep the cream of the crop in your state. Are you saying the ones that left were coached up from another state? :o
My comment about Gasso clearly says it's a combination of both.

As far as CA being represented well, I don't see a true CA team in this. Can you point me to one? :?

Cal-Norman! 8 from CA, 1 from OK, 1 from NM (via AZ) and 1 from Australia. Even Gasso is from CA. The fact that the campus isn't in CA is a minor technical thing. :P
Last edited by PDad on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:40 pm

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:

My comment about Gasso clearly says it's a combination of both.

Cal-Norman! 8 from CA, 1 from OK, 1 from NM (via AZ) and 1 from Australia. The fact that the campus isn't in CA is a minor technical thing. :P

See there you go again. Letting facts get in the way. :D

Another fact--UCLA has 90% from CA. Where are they? Maybe they should have recuited more from Texas. Texas seems to be represented well. :lol:
Battle

by ontheblack » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:52 pm

Change coaches at UCLA and they will be back quickly.
ontheblack

by PDad » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Battle wrote:Another fact--UCLA has 90% from CA. Where are they? Maybe they should have recuited more from Texas. Texas seems to be represented well. :lol:

UCLA is at home, just like Baylor, Cal, Houston, SDSU, SJSU, Stanford, TAMU and almost 300 other D1 schools that didn't make it into Regionals.

UCLA has 1 player from TX and she did well this year as a freshman. UCLA has tried recruiting more from TX, but it's hard finding elite ones they can get through admissions. :o Cal and Stanford have the same problem. :P
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:39 pm

Battle wrote:Are you saying the ones that left were coached up from another state?

Not really, Gasso is from CA. Clark is from AZ and played in CA (CSUF).

TX is represented well by a head coach from AZ and many players from CA.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to College Softball