Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Scores

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by Trophy Hunter » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Sunday
Florida destroys Arizona, like 14-3 ish.
Oklahoma comeback win over NW. Northwestern is prob the best 0-5 team in the country. They led Sooners 4-2 and chased Ricketts,, who previously had 2 no nos this weekend.
TAMU leads UCLA 3-0'in 3rd. Dumezich vs Carda.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by jonriv » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:40 pm

Curious to see how the rankings change
jonriv

by c12los » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:45 am

Trophy Hunter wrote:Romero 2r HR in 1st vs USF. Kid is a beastie!
Driesenga starts again for Michigan. Where is Wagner?
USF just tied at 2-2.

I was wondering where Wagner was too. She must be injured.
c12los

by Trophy Hunter » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:57 am

Heard Haylie was sidelined earlier and hasn't had a chance to get much work in. Knowing Hutch, she won't rush a pitcher back for non conference games. Same thing happened with Jordan Taylor a couple years ago. Driesenga did a nice job, they must could hit Nevins in the only loss.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by c12los » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:55 am

Trophy Hunter wrote:Heard Haylie was sidelined earlier and hasn't had a chance to get much work in. Knowing Hutch, she won't rush a pitcher back for non conference games. Same thing happened with Jordan Taylor a couple years ago. Driesenga did a nice job, they must could hit Nevins in the only loss.

Sidelined with an injury? Any details on whats injured or when she was sidelined? I think Wagner is better then Driesenga but Driesenga may have improved since last year. I seen Romo (Sierra Romero) got freshman of the week. She is a beast. Romo went yard on Nevins (I think) but thats about all Michigan did. Nevins is tough. Throws around 70 but hops. She gets called on it ocassionally.
c12los

by TheCloser » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:25 am

Looks like all these early verbals are really creating some parity in the college game. Look at UCLA and Arizona, I'm pretty sure they hand picked most of their girls from the large California pool.
TheCloser

by Trophy Hunter » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:10 am

TheCloser wrote:Looks like all these early verbals are really creating some parity in the college game. Look at UCLA and Arizona, I'm pretty sure they hand picked most of their girls from the large California pool.

Also the talent pool runs deeper, not only in SoCal but around the country. But your right, the early verbals are changing the parity level, and with the talent spread out, some college coaches are going to have to do a better job actually coaching their players up. Alternatively they will just cut scholarship funding to players and "re-use" those funds for a new batch, making it more of a numbers game, which will increase turnover, transfers, and dropouts. Not a good scenario for players.
Trophy Hunter

by Trophy Hunter » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:46 am

c12los wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:Heard Haylie was sidelined earlier and hasn't had a chance to get much work in. Knowing Hutch, she won't rush a pitcher back for non conference games. Same thing happened with Jordan Taylor a couple years ago. Driesenga did a nice job, they must could hit Nevins in the only loss.

Sidelined with an injury? Any details on whats injured or when she was sidelined? I think Wagner is better then Driesenga but Driesenga may have improved since last year. I seen Romo (Sierra Romero) got freshman of the week. She is a beast. Romo went yard on Nevins (I think) but thats about all Michigan did. Nevins is tough. Throws around 70 but hops. She gets called on it ocassionally.

Hutch doesn't reveal much when it comes to injuries, so there aren't any details.
Trophy Hunter

by TheCloser » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:53 am

Spazsdad wrote:
TheCloser wrote:Looks like all these early verbals are really creating some parity in the college game. Look at UCLA and Arizona, I'm pretty sure they hand picked most of their girls from the large California pool.

Those schools don't automatically get the first pick of the talent anymore.

I still think they can get them but I've always argued the coaching at UCLA is subpar and the girls aren't developing. There are no more Megan Langenfeld's or Andrea Harrison's with winning pedigrees to carry the coaching staff anymore.

It sucks because UCLA is a great place to go to school. The area alone is just plush!
TheCloser

by 8u/10udad » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:58 am

The coaching at UCLA has gotten worse since Sue left. The program has gone downhill and they only won the 2010 title, because, that was still the group that Sue had recruited. They really need to make a change. They are passing on the stars, that at one time used to beg to play for UCLA, the complex needs to be renovated to compare with the SEC schools, but, of course, there is no room to build where the current field is. Can't pull a Pauly Pavallion build on this one.

I am an avid UCLA softball fan and I hate to see them just making the regionals because they had a good record or the UCLA on their shirt. Perez is not the coach they need, she has run out of time.
8u/10udad

PreviousNext

Return to College Softball