Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF Live Video and Audio games on www.sportnetusa.net !!!!

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by dirtlover » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:50 am

No D1 coach is making decisions off of these stats. They may follow a kid from them to see how they are doing but the ultimate decision maker is your kid herself. Get on the phone and talk with the coach. My DD's stats were off last year but that didn't matter much as you just want them to have fun and enjoy the game. The winning doesn't hurt but their experience is what really matters. Heck my kid went 2 for 2 with 2 rbi today and never left the bench. Kind of makes you realize it just doesn't matter. Enjoy watching or listening to your kid play. My .02
dirtlover

by Trophy Hunter » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Does anyone else find it interesting that you can input a game on an iPad, but you can't watch the game on an iPad? :mrgreen:

I love that PGF is updating the scores in real time, and doing it for all the games. I consider it a live scoreboard, with the stats add-on still in beta. Anyone who uses one of these apps should be familiar with some of the issues come up over the course of a game series or tournament. Strange plays can be difficult to input, and they don't stop the game while you try to figure it out. Let's cut these kids some slack, and appreciate the effort that goes into providing just the live scores. Nice job!
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by scott » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:53 pm

Would someone mind posting a link to the bracket for the 16s and 18s?
Thanks.
scott

by ontheblack » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:55 pm

scott wrote:Would someone mind posting a link to the bracket for the 16s and 18s?
Thanks.

http://premiergirlsfastpitch.com/tourney01/
ontheblack

by Trophy Hunter » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:08 pm

scott wrote:Would someone mind posting a link to the bracket for the 16s and 18s?
Thanks.

These will take you directly to each bracket:

16 A & B
http://premiergirlsfastpitch.com/schedu ... 12_16A.pdf
http://premiergirlsfastpitch.com/schedu ... 12_16B.pdf

18 A & B
http://premiergirlsfastpitch.com/schedu ... 12_18A.pdf
http://premiergirlsfastpitch.com/schedu ... 12_18B.pdf

Live scoreboard, works with iOS

http://premiergirlsfp.bbstats.pointstre ... onid=17530
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by AM Softball » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:39 pm

ontheblack wrote:I used PS a lot today and followed several games. I saw a few times where the subs were off, but whoever was keeping score did a great job of making corrections. Was the next best thing to being there.

Stats are over-rated. Even my kid, a player, thinks so.

Poor thing. She is very misguided.

If so, why are they used in every sport? Why are they used in the Olympics? Why are they used in jobs? Why are they used in education? Why are they used in everything in life if they are of no purpose? Why are they posted on every team site, no matter what sport it is? Why are they posted in the newspaper everyday in the sports section? Why are they used by coaches to make line-ups? I could go on and on with examples.

Stats aren't everything, I agree, but they don't lie and are not over-rated. To say "get a life" as in the other post. I have a life and if you don't think stats will be used in college, you need to understand life. Get less excuses and address the concerns.
AM Softball

by jonriv » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:43 am

AM Softball wrote:
ontheblack wrote:I used PS a lot today and followed several games. I saw a few times where the subs were off, but whoever was keeping score did a great job of making corrections. Was the next best thing to being there.

If so, why are they used in every sport? Why are they used in the Olympics? Why are they used in jobs? Why are they used in education? Why are they used in everything in life if they are of no purpose? Why are they posted on every team site, no matter what sport it is? Why are they posted in the newspaper everyday in the sports section? Why are they used by coaches to make line-ups? I could go on and on with examples.

Stats aren't everything, I agree, but they don't lie and are not over-rated. To say "get a life" as in the other post. I have a life and if you don't think stats will be used in college, you need to understand life. Get less excuses and address the concerns.

I know that stas are used in college- but the stats from a TB tournament, even PGF, will not. Stats can lie, can be manipulated or not show the real truth. Coach is watching two players- one goes 0 for three, but hits hard line drives that are caught. Player two goes three for three, but with three weak hits on bad swings that just clear the infield. Player two has better stats, but who will the coach want?? Do you ever see any college player with the stat- went .500 in her rec tournament in 2005?
jonriv

by jonriv » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:49 am

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak arguments. It is also sometimes colloquially used to doubt statistics used to prove an opponent's point.
The term was popularised in the United States by Mark Twain (among others), who attributed it to the 19th-century British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli (1804–1881): "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." However, the phrase is not found in any of Disraeli's works and the earliest known appearances were years after his death. Other coiners have therefore been proposed.
jonriv

by PDad » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:21 am

AM Softball wrote:

Stats from a large sample (e.g. season) are far more meaningful than from a small sample (e.g. tournament), especially in sports like baseball and softball. It is impossible to accurately extrapolate what players would do over an entire season based on their PGF stats. All you can do is evaluate their performance/productivity in the tournament.

That said, it is amazing how often colleges make offers based on one game's performance.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:41 am

AM Softball wrote:

My kid pitches. Her game stats are usually quite good, but she has average speed, which is what many focus on. In her situation, the stats mean little to others until she beats them.

You should know better.
ontheblack

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch