Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Insurance for 2012 PGF Qualifiers

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by AlwaysImprove » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:02 am

Someone earlier in the thread said that PGF called ASA to come up with a resolution.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by anonlooker » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:48 am

AlwaysImprove wrote:Someone earlier in the thread said that PGF called ASA to come up with a resolution.

Right. Apparently ASA's stance was "Why should we take your insurance and lose our revenue stream." PGF is apparently adopting the same stance. Two turds.

Equally apparent is that the best interest of the girls, and the parent's wallets that support the game, has no part in this particular conversation.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by CULater » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:44 am

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
CULater

by AlwaysImprove » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:53 am

I do not disagree. You should at least a little credit for one side at least trying. Not sure how hard they tried, but at least they tried.

Actually, if fastpitch parents were smart they would ask for the Wavier and Release approach that Adult Leagues use to reduce their costs. The bollinger insurance is a scam, as has been pointed out by the few rare people that actually ever try to use it.

Almost everyone already has primary care, so this policy does little on the Accident side. The liability is likely worthless as well. Never heard of anyone trying to make a claim on the liability side.

http://www.bollingerasa.com/site/faqs-for-teams.aspx
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by anonlooker » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:00 am

AlwaysImprove wrote:I do not disagree. You should at least a little credit for one side at least trying. Not sure how hard they tried, but at least they tried.

I did. So one smells a little more than the other. Doesn't change the fact that it stinks. :roll:
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by ontheblack » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:08 am

AlwaysImprove wrote:I do not disagree. You should at least a little credit for one side at least trying. Not sure how hard they tried, but at least they tried.

Actually, if fastpitch parents were smart they would ask for the Wavier and Release approach that Adult Leagues use to reduce their costs. The bollinger insurance is a scam, as has been pointed out by the few rare people that actually ever try to use it.

Almost everyone already has primary care, so this policy does little on the Accident side. The liability is likely worthless as well. Never heard of anyone trying to make a claim on the liability side.

Actually, in California, UCLA estimates that 25% of the population is uninsured and that 37 of the 58 counties in the state have uninsured rates higher than the state average.
ontheblack

by Iluvblue » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:04 am

That I'd not true. Bollingers works great. You are mis
informed.
Iluvblue

by AlwaysImprove » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:17 am

ontheblack wrote:

Actually, in California, UCLA estimates that 25% of the population is uninsured and that 37 of the 58 counties in the state have uninsured rates higher than the state average.

Do you think that then translates to 25% of travel fastpitch softball families? Spend thousands to tens of thousands on fastpitch but not have insurance?
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 am

AlwaysImprove wrote:
ontheblack wrote:

Do you think that then translates to 25% of travel fastpitch softball families? Spend thousands to tens of thousands on fastpitch but not have insurance?

I dont know. I was simply pointing out a generalization that isnt true. I do know that at the 14u level and below, the majority are not spending tens of thousands on fastpitch, just like the majority will never play on elite 18G teams or play in college. Keep in mind that ASA insurance also covers rec players from 5-14, which make up the vast majority of kids playing fastpitch. Rec leagues I have been involved with have always provided "scholarships" to many families that couldnt otherwise afford for their DDs to play, so it is a safe bet that the ASA insurance is also their kids' primary insurance.

The second generalization about the insurance being worthless was debunked by ILB. In California, insurance is highly regulated.

The point here is that the insurance issue is important. The problem for us consumers is with the requirements of the different sanctioning bodies. I wish I understood the issue from ASA and PGF's point of view, but I dont. I hope that when PGF goes public with their insurance/registration requirements that they can also provide an overview of the problem from their perspective. A similar explanation from ASA would be great, but I have low expectations from ASA and believe I have a better shot at the lottery than an open discourse with an ASA rep qualified to answer questions.
ontheblack

by dodgerblue » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:11 am

These people make a living off of softball and they know most of us parents will pay as much as possible to get our daughters a scholarship. They say it's all about the girls and we're not going to price gouge like ASA but eventually they will be just like ASA.
dodgerblue

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch