PGF 18U Divisions - Premier and Platinum

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by as the world turns » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm

So......when is TCS going to also buy PGF? Only a matter of time........and $
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by MavFan » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:02 am

jmo wrote:
MavFan wrote:One of the recruiting benefits of PGF was the college coaches could see how their recruit would do against the best, you lose that benefit by adding a second division.

College coaches will still be able to see how their recruit is doing against the best in the Premier division. How do they lose that benefit?? Coaches will still be able to see their recruits play against the best as well as see another 64 teams in the 18U Platinum division.

Poorly worded on my part. No recruiting benefit is gained by adding a division. If team A was going to try and qualify to play PGF as opposed to Gold or TCS or USSSA the benefit would be to get to play the best of the best. Now if they are relegated to playing PGF "B" what is the incentive, the B teams at PGF will be equivilent to every other national.
MavFan

by jmo » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:22 pm

MavFan wrote:
jmo wrote:
MavFan wrote:One of the recruiting benefits of PGF was the college coaches could see how their recruit would do against the best, you lose that benefit by adding a second division.

College coaches will still be able to see how their recruit is doing against the best in the Premier division. How do they lose that benefit?? Coaches will still be able to see their recruits play against the best as well as see another 64 teams in the 18U Platinum division.

Poorly worded on my part. No recruiting benefit is gained by adding a division. If team A was going to try and qualify to play PGF as opposed to Gold or TCS or USSSA the benefit would be to get to play the best of the best. Now if they are relegated to playing PGF "B" what is the incentive, the B teams at PGF will be equivilent to every other national.

The added benefit is that the coaches that are there to see the best of the best at Premier will also have the ability to travel 10 minutes to another facility to see another 64 teams at the 18 level that just might still have uncommitted players of all ages.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:29 pm

What plans are in place to draw more from around the country-or is this additional amount to be a Cali thing?
jonriv

by MavFan » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:03 pm

jmo wrote:
MavFan wrote:
jmo wrote:

The added benefit is that the coaches that are there to see the best of the best at Premier will also have the ability to travel 10 minutes to another facility to see another 64 teams at the 18 level that just might still have uncommitted players of all ages.

Having the ability and actually doing it are completely different. There will still be coaches that go to ASA 16U which will be the same week as the 18HS and Platinum. Unless PGF 18 is going to go head to head with ASA Gold. You know as well as I do that that there ig getting to be more recruiting done at 16U right now and more babysitting done at 18U. Since PGF hasn't announced the dates, I can only assume that they are still planning on being the week after ASA Gold and the same week as ASA 16U.

Either way, there is a finite number of games a coach can see, if you increase the number of potential games, someone is not going to get seen.
MavFan

by exD1dad » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:00 pm

Hey JMO as a socal & pgf guy in therory that sounds good but realistically arent all the coaches watching the 16 & 14's?

I can't decide whether your answer makes me feel like all those casting directors who say they are looking for "a new face" but always go with the name actor or my wife when I ask her where she is (when I know she's shopping to satisfy a want not a need) & she either wont answer me or changes the subject :lol:
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jmo » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:23 pm

exD1dad wrote:Hey JMO as a socal & pgf guy in therory that sounds good but realistically arent all the coaches watching the 16 & 14's?

I can't decide whether your answer makes me feel like all those casting directors who say they are looking for "a new face" but always go with the name actor or my wife when I ask her where she is (when I know she's shopping to satisfy a want not a need) & she either wont answer me or changes the subject :lol:

The 16's and14's will be the week before.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by crashsdaddy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:30 am

Will college coaches show up for 18hs after having been in SoCal the week before? Or is this going to be like ASA18a nationals where only a hand full of coaches show?
crashsdaddy

by MavFan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Interesting what I found on the Team NJ website today.......

PGF / Premier Girls Fastpitch Qualifier & Tournaments
http://www.premiergirlsfastpitch.com/
18U & 16U National Qualifier
June 21-23
Edison NJ

14U & 12U
TBD

PGF Northeast Nationals
Dates & Location TBD
MavFan

by jonriv » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:11 pm

Hope that it is successful and draws in some additional teams(as opposeed to drawing teams away from Cali)

Are they actively getting the word out to Northeast programs?

Could be a great growth strategy if executed right.
jonriv

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch