Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Insurance for 2012 PGF Qualifiers

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Battle » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:35 am

AlwaysImprove wrote:
Battle wrote:I will drive also and as you said, it depends on what my kid's team does. I think I got hammered once for even suggesting driving. We like to see things as we come back so it is our preference.

I don't know how you spent less on hotels though. We spent about 600 this year. Anyone claiming that PGF is cheaper than ASA nationals has a hidden agenda IMO.

Straight out BS. I have attended both ASA and PGF over the last 6 years.

I give you full permission to call BS if you want. Really doesn't matter to me. I think I know what I paid.

AlwaysImprove wrote:You mention driving is an advantage. If that is the case, then you would be making the argument for hosting of the tournament to be in CA. Typically 30 of 130 teams are from CA. Next closest would be IL with 16 teams. Considering driving, tournaments hosted in TX, CA, IL, GA make the most sense. Hosting in TN, IN, or SD makes no sense.

I never said that driving is an advantage. Just that it is our preference when possible. I have no idea what your point is with the rest of this...
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Iluvblue » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:20 am

seen other teams playing ASA using NSA insurance. It always started with an email.

Sorry, but that is 100%incorrect. If a team wants to play in an ASA SANCTIONED tournament, they must be a registered ASA team. Now, do I think it is possible that an NSA team signed up for AN ASA tourney and the tourney director didnt ask, didnt know, and didnt care whether they were registered ASA or not? Yep, as long as their entry fee cleared, the tourney director didnt care.

But if you tried that in any qualifier, regional, or asa nationals, that would NEVER work as the ASA commissioner must sign off on your roster, and since the team wasnt registered ASA, there would be no roster to sign off on.
Iluvblue

by Old Darter » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:18 am

As iluvblue touched on, the real issue is teams that must play in multiple sanctions. PGF offers ONLY Championship play. For most teams that's one qualifier and Nationals, about 10-12 days a year. The rest of the year must be played under ASA, TCS, USSSA, etc sanction. Perhaps PGF should consider sanctioning non-championship tournaments during the rest of the year, that way teams would only need PGF insurance for every tournament? Having asked the question, I already know the answer. PGF was set up not as an alternative to ASA, but rather only as an alternative to ASA Championship play.

While I agree with all the reasons for the formation of PGF and am a big supporter, I think if PGF is looking for the long term sustainability ASA has enjoyed, it will eventually need to expand that scope.
Old Darter

by CULater » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Back to the subject at hand, has anyone got a definitive answer from PGF or ASA?
CULater

by UmpSteve » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:23 pm

CULater wrote:Back to the subject at hand, has anyone got a definitive answer from PGF or ASA?

The Bollinger ASA policy is quite clear; teams that are individually registered in ASA are covered when playing in non-ASA events, including PGF. Anyone that claims differently is either listening to the wrong people or not understanding what they are being told. It is in writing on the Bollinger website, and any refusal to provide coverage would result in major damage awards for bad faith against all parties involved, be it your local ASA, National ASA, Bollinger, or Markel (the insuror).

http://www.bollingerasa.com/PDF/Indiv%20Reg%202012.pdf

Not sure what else you would consider definitive; the agent selling the policy has it in writing. If PGF is insisting on a separate policy for their National, that is their decision, not a hole in insurance coverage.
UmpSteve
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:14 pm

UmpSteve wrote:
CULater wrote:Back to the subject at hand, has anyone got a definitive answer from PGF or ASA?

The Bollinger ASA policy is quite clear; teams that are individually registered in ASA are covered when playing in non-ASA events, including PGF. Anyone that claims differently is either listening to the wrong people or not understanding what they are being told. It is in writing on the Bollinger website, and any refusal to provide coverage would result in major damage awards for bad faith against all parties involved, be it your local ASA, National ASA, Bollinger, or Markel (the insuror).

http://www.bollingerasa.com/PDF/Indiv%20Reg%202012.pdf

Not sure what else you would consider definitive; the agent selling the policy has it in writing. If PGF is insisting on a separate policy for their National, that is their decision, not a hole in insurance coverage.

NSA sells Bollinger as well. Can I use my NSA in ASA?
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Iluvblue » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:32 pm

NSA sells Bollinger as well. Can I use my NSA in ASA?

No, NO, NOOOOOOOOOO.

As stated above, if you want to play in ANY ASA SANCTIONED tourney, ANY TOURNAMENT You must be an ASA registered team. Insurance is not the issue. For every player that registers, part of the money goes to ASA, Part goes to the local association, and part goes to insurance.

Is it all starting to make sense now??? Part of the money goes to the sanctioning body
Iluvblue

by AlwaysImprove » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Iluvblue wrote:NSA sells Bollinger as well. Can I use my NSA in ASA?

No, NO, NOOOOOOOOOO.

As stated above, if you want to play in ANY ASA SANCTIONED tourney, ANY TOURNAMENT You must be an ASA registered team. Insurance is not the issue. For every player that registers, part of the money goes to ASA, Part goes to the local association, and part goes to insurance.

Is it all starting to make sense now??? Part of the money goes to the sanctioning body

uh, yeah it is all making sense now. So PGF doing the same is wrong?
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Iluvblue » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:57 pm

I never passed judgment on anything happening as right or wrong. Just said that I am sick of paying 2 and maybe 3 times for the same thing with zero benefit to my team.
Iluvblue

by anonlooker » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:47 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:
Iluvblue wrote:NSA sells Bollinger as well. Can I use my NSA in ASA?

No, NO, NOOOOOOOOOO.

uh, yeah it is all making sense now. So PGF doing the same is wrong?

What's wrong is requiring the extra policy. If a team has an insurance policy, it's just ridiculous than any org would make them buy a redundant policy. It amounts to saying "If we can't squeeze an extra $100 out of you, you aren't welcome at our games."

It's as if LA County decided they wouldn't accept any auto insurance purchased in Orange County - so if you operate a vehicle in LA County you have to buy insurance there.

Absurd.

As with pretty much everything, follow the money and your questions will be answered.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch