Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Insurance for 2012 PGF Qualifiers

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Battle » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:44 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Battle wrote:
Iluvblue wrote:I agree completely. As long as PGF exists, we will try to play at PGF nationals every year. Location, Location, Location helps make an easy decision.

I also agree completely. Not traveling is better for YOU...

Blu is not from SoCal....just a little info for ya, no charge

Thanks Spaz for the no charge. I wonder how much his airfare will be? :o ;)
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:38 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Battle wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
Battle wrote:
Iluvblue wrote:I agree completely. As long as PGF exists, we will try to play at PGF nationals every year. Location, Location, Location helps make an easy decision.

A quick check on Expedia shows almost $400. Probably cheaper for you to fly out here than it is for him ;)

Close...It would cost me about 600 to get there and back round trip where I would have to fly out of and that's not even including hotels that I am forced to stay in. Just those 2 things is about 1500 and I spent way less than that at ASA total. Thanks for the offer though but I will have to decline.

He might could drive there cheaper. You might check into that. ;) ;)
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:46 pm

Battle wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
Battle wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
Battle wrote:

A quick check on Expedia shows almost $400. Probably cheaper for you to fly out here than it is for him ;)

Close...It would cost me about 600 to get there and back round trip where I would have to fly out of and that's not even including hotels that I am forced to stay in. Just those 2 things is about 1500 and I spent way less than that at ASA total. Thanks for the offer though but I will have to decline.

Oh darn...does this mean you won't be coming? :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:57 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:Oh darn...does this mean you won't be coming? :lol:

LOL...I know that breaks your little heart...I like keeping my money as much as I can. I know that you don't know anything about that there, Jed...Clampett that is... :lol:

BTW, love the substance of your post...Pot meet Kettle... :)
Battle

by anonlooker » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:20 pm

Battle wrote:
anonlooker wrote:idk about Nationals, but PGF accepted ASA insurance at qualifiers last year.

The present issue may be that the teams with earned or invited berths to PGF Nats may not bother registering with ASA at all, in which case only the PGF insurance would be available to them.

I don't believe they accepted ASA insurance at Nationals. Why? Now they are not accepting ASA insurance at qualifiers. Again, why? They said that it was risky to accept ASA at qualifiers last year but I never saw a reason given for that statement. Now with not being able to enter another qualifier if you have earned a berth early, you're going to want to play somewhere or is that for 18s like ASA? Surely they are not tying down the younger age divisions?

anonlooker wrote:It seems to me that either would suffice, since they both claim to cover non-sanctioned events. If both require their own specific insurance, as seems to be the case, that's not only redundant but an additional, unnecessary burden on the teams.

I agree. I wish someone would come up with mandated insurance that covers all santions and make it worth getting because from what I understand, although I haven't had to deal with it directly, it is all crapola. You're better off using your own health coverage if anything happens.

They said it was risky last year because there was no real clarification on whether or not the ASA insurance would cover the PGF event. AFAIK, that was the issue. Also, if your team was not registered with ASA, then you obviously had no insurance for PGF.

Actually, you do use your own insurance. This is supplemental insurance, and only kicks in if costs exceed benefits provided by your primary insurer. But, if you don't have any personal/family insurance, this would become your primary. At least that's how I understand the ASA insurance to work. Not sure on the PGF as the details haven't been put out yet.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Battle » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:25 pm

anonlooker wrote:
Battle wrote:
anonlooker wrote:idk about Nationals, but PGF accepted ASA insurance at qualifiers last year.

The present issue may be that the teams with earned or invited berths to PGF Nats may not bother registering with ASA at all, in which case only the PGF insurance would be available to them.

I don't believe they accepted ASA insurance at Nationals. Why? Now they are not accepting ASA insurance at qualifiers. Again, why? They said that it was risky to accept ASA at qualifiers last year but I never saw a reason given for that statement. Now with not being able to enter another qualifier if you have earned a berth early, you're going to want to play somewhere or is that for 18s like ASA? Surely they are not tying down the younger age divisions?

anonlooker wrote:It seems to me that either would suffice, since they both claim to cover non-sanctioned events. If both require their own specific insurance, as seems to be the case, that's not only redundant but an additional, unnecessary burden on the teams.

I agree. I wish someone would come up with mandated insurance that covers all santions and make it worth getting because from what I understand, although I haven't had to deal with it directly, it is all crapola. You're better off using your own health coverage if anything happens.

They said it was risky last year because there was no real clarification on whether or not the ASA insurance would cover the PGF event. AFAIK, that was the issue. Also, if your team was not registered with ASA, then you obviously had no insurance for PGF.

Actually, you do use your own insurance. This is supplemental insurance, and only kicks in if costs exceed benefits provided by your primary insurer. But, if you don't have any personal/family insurance, this would become your primary. At least that's how I understand the ASA insurance to work. Not sure on the PGF as the details haven't been put out yet.

How could it not cover if you are a registered ASA team or playing on one?

I have personal insurance so it never was an issue with me but I have heard that it is a head ache to file a claim and get paid if you don't.
Battle

by okla21fan » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:48 pm

Have you ever taken this into the equation? The college World Series, The former Olympic team, the National team, the JR National team, ISF, JR ISF, HOF Stadium, While your 'equation' is 'easy', when it comes to funding, is it that easy?
okla21fan

by ontheblack » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:24 am

Battle wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:A quick check on Expedia shows almost $400. Probably cheaper for you to fly out here than it is for him ;)

How much if you were to attend ASA Nationals in South Dakota?
ontheblack

by AlwaysImprove » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:19 am

ontheblack wrote:
Battle wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:A quick check on Expedia shows almost $400. Probably cheaper for you to fly out here than it is for him ;)

How much if you were to attend ASA Nationals in South Dakota?

For us. LA is $209. Sioux Falls, SD would be $366. Clearwater, FL would be (18 gold championships) $411.

Most people get their births within 6 weeks of traveling. LA will go up to about $245 max. Sioux Falls in the past has gone up to about $900. Once flights start to book to these small market airports the prices jump. LA has so much volume, they do not notice the increase in traffic.

ASA really needs to look at reforming their tournament selection process with an eye to keeping costs reasonable. Not just favoring a few political commissioners.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:27 am

Battle wrote:
anonlooker wrote:
Battle wrote:

How could it not cover if you are a registered ASA team or playing on one?

I have personal insurance so it never was an issue with me but I have heard that it is a head ache to file a claim and get paid if you don't.

ASA and PGF sell the same policy, from the same company, Bollinger. So they will work the same. It is a supplemental, which means after your main policy.

Most organizations have a waiver process. If you have concerns about insurance you would be better asking the organization directly.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch