Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Insurance for 2012 PGF Qualifiers

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by ontheblack » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:05 pm

Iluvblue wrote:ILB, you may have missed the statement in bold in NU's post?

I didnt miss it. Here is the problem. IN our area at least HALF of the tournaments are ASA. My teams play in many of them and in order to playin an asa tourney, you must be an ASA registered team. You must register EACH player, not the team in ASA which is something like 20 bucks per player. 13 player is about 260 bucks.

Play in an IFA tourney, you must register with IFA which is about 35 bucks.

Play in PGF, now we must insure each player through PGF. It is simply sucking money out of teams. It used to be one fee and done, now it can be 3 and maybe even 4.

It is redundant and it just sucks for the teams with ZERO added benefit to the team.

I dont see how anyone disagrees with the exception of the insurance companies who look for ways to avoid claims whenever possible.

It seems like if these orgs cared about their softball playing constituents, they could come up with a common policy.

Even if PGF has a policy that would cover the girls at any event, that doesnt eliminate the individual org registration fee.

My question for PGF is that if the ASA policy would cover teams and players in PGF events, would PGF be good with that and waive the requirement for their insurance? This is a simple yes or no question.
ontheblack

by Iluvblue » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:43 pm

The answer is a simple NO. When you register with ASA, that insurance covers the players for any softball games they play in, whether that is PGF or IFA or USSSA. PGF has decided that it will not accept that insurance and requires you to get the PGF insurance.

No different than ASA requiring teams to be registered ASA if they want to play ASA tourneys.
Iluvblue

by anonlooker » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:02 pm

ontheblack wrote:
I dont see how anyone disagrees with the exception of the insurance companies who look for ways to avoid claims whenever possible.

It seems like if these orgs cared about their softball playing constituents, they could come up with a common policy.

Even if PGF has a policy that would cover the girls at any event, that doesnt eliminate the individual org registration fee.

My question for PGF is that if the ASA policy would cover teams and players in PGF events, would PGF be good with that and waive the requirement for their insurance? This is a simple yes or no question.

The first question should be "Does the ASA insurance cover players/teams (are they the same thing?) in PGF events?"

PGF says that their insurance will cover teams no matter the sanctioning body.

Also, PGF made an effort to work together with ASA to operate under a common policy but ASA declined the offer.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Iluvblue » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:36 pm

ASA is individual insurance, not a team. If a player switches teams mid season, they just take their card and go. They are insured no matter who the sanctioning body is.
Iluvblue

by dodgerblue » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:39 pm

I've been in TB for years attending ASA Nationals, Triple Crown, Premier and NSA you name it and not once have I heard anyone using the governing body's insurance coverage. I think for the most part everyone uses their own insurance. I know we have in the past.
dodgerblue

by Battle » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:14 pm

anonlooker wrote:Also, PGF made an effort to work together with ASA to operate under a common policy but ASA declined the offer.

Really? Did PGF accept ASA insurance at nationals?

When did this change for ASA...

Insurance coverage applies to an individually registered player playing on another team or in a non-ASA sanctioned event as follows:
o The coverage follows the player who plays on a team that is registered with ASA/USA Softball for the current year.

o The coverage follows the player if she/he goes to play on his/her own in an ASA/USA Sanctioned Tournament.

o The coverage follows the players on an individually registered team if they play as a team activity in a non-ASA sanctioned event.
o The coverage does not apply if the player plays on a team that is not registered with the ASA.

o The coverage does not apply if the player goes on her/his own to play in a non-ASA sanctioned event.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by anonlooker » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Battle wrote:
anonlooker wrote:Also, PGF made an effort to work together with ASA to operate under a common policy but ASA declined the offer.

Really? Did PGF accept ASA insurance at nationals?

When did this change for ASA...

Insurance coverage applies to an individually registered player playing on another team or in a non-ASA sanctioned event as follows:
o The coverage follows the player who plays on a team that is registered with ASA/USA Softball for the current year.

o The coverage follows the player if she/he goes to play on his/her own in an ASA/USA Sanctioned Tournament.

o The coverage follows the players on an individually registered team if they play as a team activity in a non-ASA sanctioned event.
o The coverage does not apply if the player plays on a team that is not registered with the ASA.

o The coverage does not apply if the player goes on her/his own to play in a non-ASA sanctioned event

idk about Nationals, but PGF accepted ASA insurance at qualifiers last year.

The present issue may be that the teams with earned or invited berths to PGF Nats may not bother registering with ASA at all, in which case only the PGF insurance would be available to them.

It seems to me that either would suffice, since they both claim to cover non-sanctioned events. If both require their own specific insurance, as seems to be the case, that's not only redundant but an additional, unnecessary burden on the teams.

With all the positives PGF brings to the table, that burden really isn't so great. A pain in the ass maybe, but hardly a deal killer. IMO.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Iluvblue » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:28 pm

I agree completely. As long as PGF exists, we will try to play at PGF nationals every year. Location, Location, Location helps make an easy decision.
Iluvblue

by Battle » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:33 pm

anonlooker wrote:idk about Nationals, but PGF accepted ASA insurance at qualifiers last year.

The present issue may be that the teams with earned or invited berths to PGF Nats may not bother registering with ASA at all, in which case only the PGF insurance would be available to them.

I don't believe they accepted ASA insurance at Nationals. Why? Now they are not accepting ASA insurance at qualifiers. Again, why? They said that it was risky to accept ASA at qualifiers last year but I never saw a reason given for that statement. Now with not being able to enter another qualifier if you have earned a berth early, you're going to want to play somewhere or is that for 18s like ASA? Surely they are not tying down the younger age divisions?

anonlooker wrote:It seems to me that either would suffice, since they both claim to cover non-sanctioned events. If both require their own specific insurance, as seems to be the case, that's not only redundant but an additional, unnecessary burden on the teams.

I agree. I wish someone would come up with mandated insurance that covers all santions and make it worth getting because from what I understand, although I haven't had to deal with it directly, it is all crapola. You're better off using your own health coverage if anything happens.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:40 pm

Iluvblue wrote:I agree completely. As long as PGF exists, we will try to play at PGF nationals every year. Location, Location, Location helps make an easy decision.

I also agree completely. Not traveling is better for YOU...
Battle

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch