Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Spring 2015 12u ranking

by Overwhelmed » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:31 pm

Spread out the teams? Ybarra will never do that. He's going to load two pools with the top teams and have them battle it out on Sunday. Meanwhile, one of the middling to weaker teams in an easy pool will have a cake walk on Sunday, earning them a top 10 spot on freebilly's list on Monday :lol:
Overwhelmed

by texmex45 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:12 pm

Overwhelmed wrote:Spread out the teams? Ybarra will never do that. He's going to load two pools with the top teams and have them battle it out on Sunday. Meanwhile, one of the middling to weaker teams in an easy pool will have a cake walk on Sunday, earning them a top 10 spot on freebilly's list on Monday :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Classic!! Post of the year thus far :!:
texmex45

by jtat32 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:38 pm

Good teams want to play good teams as often as possible. Good coaches want their teams to be challenged and understand that the purpose of playing most tournaments is to get better, not to bring home a meaningless trophy. The only tourneys that matter are qualifiers and nats.

If your team is placed in challenging pools, consider yourself lucky.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NorCalKnowItAll » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:57 pm

Overwhelmed, maybe freebilly is Ybarra stirring the pot every Monday. :lol: . The 01s seem to play alot of friendlies amongst their top teams. I don't know why the 02s don't follow suit. It's much cheaper, and then the host gets to invite the top teams. Then all games are a grind, as it should be. I hear the So Cal top dogs stay playing each other. They don't even play many tournaments, unless they are a big deal or a qualifier. With May fast approaching, it would be a good idea to see the top Nor Cal teams get used to seeing a full day of competition. At the end of the day it's all about developing as a team . With that said it's not doing any of the top teams any favors running up the score on a less than avg. opponent 15 Saturday's a season. Just my opinion. Happy Easter everyone.
NorCalKnowItAll

by quietstorm02 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:38 pm

Me and my big mouth.
quietstorm02

by texmex45 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:05 pm

quietstorm02 wrote:Me and my big mouth.

Storm....no, not at all. I get what you are saying, but personally, I would rather play 3 tough teams on Saturday, even if it jeopardizes the coveted #1 seed on Sunday (and the extra sleep that usually comes with it). No one likes to win more than I do, but I also acknowledge that no one really cares who wins anything other than a national qualifier or championship. The local tournaments, while fun to win, should be building blocks for a team to pursue a bigger prize. What matters at the 12U level is who gets better. Some may disagree, and that's OK.
texmex45

by freebilly » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:40 pm

A lot of teams played in the Wilson Trophy tournament. Congratulations to Breeze 02 for winning close final over Breeze 03. The surprise score was Breeze 02 beating Lady Magic by so much in semifinal. OBS Monarchs played a very close game with Breeze 03.

1. Breeze 02
2. Breeze 03
3. Nevada Stealth
4. Lady Magic
5. OBS Monarchs Calvo
6. Universal Fastpitch 02
7. West Coast Premier
8. Lady Hustle Mattos
9. CC Dirtdogs Davis
10. Norcal Firecrackers 02
11. AASA Maglalang
12. Salinas Storm Gonzalez
13. Grapettes Guevara
14. Norcal Smackers
15. Team California
16. West Sac Attack
17. Norcal Bownet
18. CV Swarm
19. All-American Mizuno Morabito
20. Universal Fastpitch 03
freebilly

by lockdown » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:23 pm

Top 10 up to this point....... taking into consideration it's a long season and it's hard to get everyone in the same tourney.
----------------------------------------------------------------

1. Breeze 02 - This team has been in the championship game in all 4 local tournaments they have entered and just won their 3rd championship. Solid team on Sundays.

2. Breeze 03 - This team has beat most top 10 teams at least once and has greatly improved. The #1 pitcher carries the team on her back.

3. Universal Fastpitch 02 - This team didn't play this last weekend but is very good. They are as good as their #1 pitcher and can beat any team on any given day.

4. Grapettes Guevara - This team could easily be ranked 5-8 and didn't play last weekend. The team hits good and has been up and down so far.

5. Lady Magic - This team has good talent but has struggled lately against the best teams. Don't count them out as it's still early in the season.

6. Nevada Stealth - this team looks very good at times with their #1 pitcher pitching great and looks average at other times. They are a hard one to figure out and lost to Breeze 03 on Sunday 5-0.

7. West Coast Premier - This team beat Nor Cal Firecrackers on Sunday and has cracked my top 10 list in impressive fashion. The #3 hitter was impressive and the top of the lineup is no pushover.

8. Hollister Blackjacks - Haven't seen this team in a while but they impressed early in the season. Feedback on this team will help my rankings.

9. Salinas Storm - This team looked solid early on and also haven't seen them play lately. Feedback on this team will help for future rankings.

10. (Tie) Nor Cal Firecrackers 02 - Not sure what is going on with this team but they got a pass on Saturday and was one and done on Sunday this last weekend. They have slipped in the rankings and haven't done much of anything so far this season.

10. (Tie) AASA Maglalang - this team plays well on Saturdays but can't get it together when it counts on Sundays. They are still a good team and there's a lot of ball left to play this Summer.

The rest of the teams are a crapshoot other than AA Mizuno, who looks to try to crack the top 10 again in the coming tourneys.....

Nor Cal Firecrackers 02, Grapettes Guevara, Lady Magic and Breeze 02 will be playing friendlies against each other the weekend of April 18-19. Good luck to all the teams playing tournament games this coming weekend.
lockdown

by defense20 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:49 pm

lockdown wrote:Top 10 up to this point....... taking into consideration it's a long season and it's hard to get everyone in the same tourney.
----------------------------------------------------------------

1. Breeze 02 - This team has been in the championship game in all 4 local tournaments they have entered and just won their 3rd championship. Solid team on Sundays.

2. Breeze 03 - This team has beat most top 10 teams at least once and has greatly improved. The #1 pitcher carries the team on her back.

3. Universal Fastpitch 02 - This team didn't play this last weekend but is very good. They are as good as their #1 pitcher and can beat any team on any given day.

4. Grapettes Guevara - This team could easily be ranked 5-8 and didn't play last weekend. The team hits good and has been up and down so far.

5. Lady Magic - This team has good talent but has struggled lately against the best teams. Don't count them out as it's still early in the season.

6. Nevada Stealth - this team looks very good at times with their #1 pitcher pitching great and looks average at other times. They are a hard one to figure out and lost to Breeze 03 on Sunday 5-0.

7. West Coast Premier - This team beat Nor Cal Firecrackers on Sunday and has cracked my top 10 list in impressive fashion. The #3 hitter was impressive and the top of the lineup is no pushover.

8. Hollister Blackjacks - Haven't seen this team in a while but they impressed early in the season. Feedback on this team will help my rankings.

9. Salinas Storm - This team looked solid early on and also haven't seen them play lately. Feedback on this team will help for future rankings.

10. (Tie) Nor Cal Firecrackers 02 - Not sure what is going on with this team but they got a pass on Saturday and was one and done on Sunday this last weekend. They have slipped in the rankings and haven't done much of anything so far this season.

10. (Tie) AASA Maglalang - this team plays well on Saturdays but can't get it together when it counts on Sundays. They are still a good team and there's a lot of ball left to play this Summer.

The rest of the teams are a crapshoot other than AA Mizuno, who looks to try to crack the top 10 again in the coming tourneys.....

Nor Cal Firecrackers 02, Grapettes Guevara, Lady Magic and Breeze 02 will be playing friendlies against each other the weekend of April 18-19. Good luck to all the teams playing tournament games this coming weekend.

#8, and #10(AASA) haven't looked too hot as of late. Would put both Salinas Storm and Lady Hustle -Mattos in top 7-8. Definitely over those two though.
Last edited by defense20 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
defense20

by defense20 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:54 pm

On another note it looks like all of the top 10 will be in Fresno in 2 weeks to battle it out at the Fresno Force Classic.
defense20

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal