Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

14U TEAMS

by Trophy Hunter » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:14 pm

Iluvblue wrote:Not sure where Lady Magic fall into things as they have been around only a few years, and that was primarily a one team deal. I was not aware of a Lady Magic 14u team this year or last year that was a top team.

But then again, I dont venture up to Sac very often anymore.

How far away is Sac? You don't know what your talking about for Lady Magic, but rather than say so you go on rambling paragraphs about yourself. Your name should be iluvME because thats all you talk about. You dont know about Lady Magic, a team that has been IN YOUR REGION longer than you have so it follows you dont know much about much at all and all these high falutin lectures your are posting are for your own self gratification. Wouldn't it be easier to go in the toilet and please yourself in private?
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by Iluvblue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:51 pm

People in an area all know who the good teams are.

Go back 5 years ago and Lady magic were not in the mix.... period.

When you talk about best Gold teams in Norcal, you NEVER heard Lady Magic mentioned. This person even said they didnt have teams in each age group, and 5 years ago they had no 12, 14, or 16 team that was even in the top 5 teams in Norcal.

When I was in 18u 5 years ago, they were not then in the top teams in Norcal.

When my daughter went to Gold nationals 2 year with Strikezone, I dont remember Lady Magic being some power. Say what you want about me, but I pretty much know who is who in Norcal softball.

So you can bash me all you want, but exactly what I said was true. Lady Magic could have been around for 40 years, but there teams in the past 10 have not been the top teams in Norcal. The current Gold team started in 10u, maybe 12u and each year they moved up have been the top team in this area. That hardly qualifies Lady magic to be put in the category of top teams in Norcal year in and year out.

Strikezone,
Scorcerer
Grapettes
Sting
Strikkers
Breeze

and I am sure I am leaving a few out have been (top to bottom) the better teams in Norcal for the past 10 years. And even Scorcerer only got good teams in other age groups in the past few years.
Iluvblue

by Skarp » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:02 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:
Iluvblue wrote:Not sure where Lady Magic fall into things as they have been around only a few years, and that was primarily a one team deal. I was not aware of a Lady Magic 14u team this year or last year that was a top team.

But then again, I dont venture up to Sac very often anymore.

How far away is Sac? You don't know what your talking about for Lady Magic, but rather than say so you go on rambling paragraphs about yourself. Your name should be iluvME because thats all you talk about. You dont know about Lady Magic, a team that has been IN YOUR REGION longer than you have so it follows you dont know much about much at all and all these high falutin lectures your are posting are for your own self gratification. Wouldn't it be easier to go in the toilet and please yourself in private?

:lol:

pwned.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Iluvblue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:20 pm

Owned if you dont know what the hell you are talking about. Go back to my post above Skarp and tell me where I am factually incorrect..........

Im not knocking lady Magic one bit. I love the current gold team and how they handle themselves.

But i ask this. Besides the current Gold team that started young and moved up,
Have lady Magic had a single team in the past 10 years in any age besides Gold that went to ASA nationals?

I have no idea the answer, but if they have, I would be surprised. So when someone asks who the top 14u teams in Norcal and their name comes up, I am a little surprised. The current 14u team could be the best in the state for all I know, but has nothing to do with Magic past teams.

So again Skarp, pick my above post apart and show me where I am factually incorrect. Have a feeling I will be waiting for quite a while.
Iluvblue

by norcaluvr » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:31 pm

Lady Magic 14 - Fire&Ice Has won Sac Metros 2 years running, young 12u and older 12u. I would think if they keep it all together they would be the team to beat. They teamed up with a very good org, putting alot of young ladies into top colleges.
norcaluvr

by Skarp » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:46 pm

Iluvblue wrote:Owned if you dont know what the hell you are talking about. Go back to my post above Skarp and tell me where I am factually incorrect..........

Im not knocking lady Magic one bit. I love the current gold team and how they handle themselves.

But i ask this. Besides the current Gold team that started young and moved up,
Have lady Magic had a single team in the past 10 years in any age besides Gold that went to ASA nationals?

I have no idea the answer, but if they have, I would be surprised. So when someone asks who the top 14u teams in Norcal and their name comes up, I am a little surprised. The current 14u team could be the best in the state for all I know, but has nothing to do with Magic past teams.

So again Skarp, pick my above post apart and show me where I am factually incorrect. Have a feeling I will be waiting for quite a while.

Review the words in bold above, and you might get an idea of what the reference was to. And that's not even close to a record for you.

I couldn't care less about your opinion of these teams, but your incessant blatherings about what a brilliant coach you are, and how mediocre everyone else is, are growing rather tedious. Why don't you restrict stroking yourself to the Modesto Bee forums, where I'm given to understand you hold quite a court. Nobody here is impressed.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by norcaluvr » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:58 pm

ILUVBLUE

Where did you say you coached?
norcaluvr

by dittoz » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:20 am

Actually, remember that the OP asked
"Trying to get a feel for the best 14u teams in Sac-Nor CAL"

From an organizational standpoint, the short list may differ, but I'd agree with what Instigator came up with on the basis of current teams and yes... I would absolutely include the Lady Magic in there. Even though they're mostly '96s, they're still a team to be aware of and as stated, have won Metros the last two years running. A few minor changes to the team this year and some spiffy new uniforms, but same coaching and same focus as ever. Again, this is all presuming that the OP was... a) looking for answers and not fishing, and b) the question referenced current 14u teams and not historical powerhouses. I really cannot imagine why history matters when it comes to current teams, other than it builds a name and draws some interested players initially. Coaching, team and success will keep those players and while ILB is correct in that Strikezone had National potential several years ago, we don't see or hear of them much as contenders at multiple levels at this point.

As to other teams in Sac proper, maybe someone else will win metros this year, but there aren't too many high-level teams in the Sac area this season. Now if we we're talking quality organizations, I'd throw the Breeze in there too. Whether they win or lose, they are most certainly doing things right at the org level.

And ILB - whether you care or not... We still love you man! ;)
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by Old Darter » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:05 am

Besides the current Gold team that started young and moved up,

Asked and answered:

Actually, the Lady Magic team coached by Laura and Joe went to Nationals every year except their last in Gold, finishing as high as 7th in Seattle in 16u. At the same time the current Gold team (two years younger on avg.), coached by Jim and Joe H. were simultaneously going to Nationals, finishing as high as 3rd in 14u.
Old Darter

by LadyMagic83 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:30 am

Old Darter is correct, here is the history since 2000, which should cover the time frame in question. As you can see we had teams at two Nationals every year between 2002 (when the current Gold team formed) and 2007 (the final year of Laura and Joe's team). That's the heart of the last decade.

Laura & Joes team Nationals finishes:
2008 team aged out (Ziegenhirt and Henderson played 16u)
2007 ASA 18G Nationals, did not qualify
2006 ASA 16U Nationals, Seattle, WA - 7th place
2005 ASA 16U Nationals, Sioux Falls, SD - 25th place
2004 ASA 14U Nationals, Midland, TX - 9th place
2003 ASA 12U Nationals, Atlanta, GA - 17th place
2002 ASA 10U Nationals, Tulsa, OK - 23rd place
2001 ASA 10U Nationals, Moreno Valley, CA - 13th place
2000 ASA 10U Nationals, Stockton, CA - 13th place

Jim and Joe H's team (current Gold) Nationals finish in the same time period:
2009 ASA 18G Nationals, Oklahoma City Ok 25th
2008 ASA 16U Nationals, Owensboro, Ky NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2007 ASA 14U Nationals, Normal, IL 9th