Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Nor Cal 14u Fall Rankings

by centurian » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:50 pm

Robtump wrote:Final Fall Rankings for 14u in 2019! Strong fall season for some of the 06 teams (McNair and Bigley) but the 06s aren’t ready to consistently beat the big girls yet. The Grapes and Sorcerers - Bigley will be the favorites until the high school girls start playing PGF. Guessing the top 4 will spend a lot of time in LA this summer. Expect Schroll and Mortimer to reload before the 2020 season so don’t count them out.

1 Universal - Faulstitch
2 LTG - Henderson
3 Batbusters - Brooks
4. Firecracker - Ricks
5. Grapettes Gann/Kapp
6 breeze 2023
7 Batbusters - Ching
8. Grapettes - McNair
9. Sorcerers - Bigley
10. Sorcerers - Schroll

Uhhh firecracker ricks stuffed in there...gonna guess thats ur dd team.
Give a game update to support.
centurian

by PunchlinesportsNC » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:27 pm

As the fall season comes to a close these are the final rankings.
1. Universal 2023 Faulstitch 3 tourney wins and 1 runner up. 2020 PGF Invite.
2. LTG Henderson Had a couple hiccups but beat Universal in pool play in Salinas. 2020 PGF Invite.
3. Sorcerer Bigley Best of the 06 teams and better of the two Sorcerer teams. Beat LTG.
4. Batbusters Brooks Battled some tough teams well. Beat LTG.
5. Grapettes Moose Lost some players but Moose didnt skip a beat. Came close to beating Universal.
6. Grapettes Gann Good team with strong pitcher. 2020 PGF Invite.
7.Ca Breeze 2023 Nice reload this season.
8. Lady Magic Boykin Strong 06 team. Also came close to beating Universal.
9.Sorcerer Schroll Sub par fall for Bill. 2020 PGF Invite.
10. Firecrackers Ricks Haven't seen much of them. Would like to rank them higher but they weren't around.

WOULD LOVE TO HEAR SOME FEEDBACK AND OTHERS RANKINGS
PunchlinesportsNC

by MrNostalgia » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:18 pm

Curious as to what metrics you're using to rank these teams. I see the grapes gann position higher and flip flopped with the other grapettes. Also, There are some teams that are ranked pretty high but have not seen top teams. Before I can chime in, I guess I need to know what stats or measurements your using because it doesn't make sense.
MrNostalgia

by PunchlinesportsNC » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:47 am

Make your own criteria.
Universal and LTG are in a league of their own, then, there's everyone else.
Have to give credit to those who have either beaten, or have come close to beating these two teams. That's the criteria I used.
Can't wait to see your rankings.
Good luck to all teams with their tryouts.
PunchlinesportsNC

by MrNostalgia » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:38 pm

You are 100% on universal and Ltg and definitely credit goes where it’s due for coming close. The list is subjective obviously but I was curious to see how everyone has come up with their list. Period. My take is Pretty much based on who has played who. Some teams trophy hunt and divert from facing the strong teams. IMO playing strong teams every tourney is worth more attention than a less challenging tourney whether there’s tons of teams. Same is said for playing up a division. There are some
Strong teams being built on this last that is for sure. Going to be an interesting spring!

1.Universal 2023 Faulstitch
2. LTG Henderson.
3. Grapettes Gann
4. Sorcerer Bigley
5. Batbuster brooks
6. Sorcerer Schroll
7.Grapettes Moose
8.Ca Breeze
9. lady Magic Boykin
10. Firecrackers Ricks H
MrNostalgia

by PunchlinesportsNC » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:34 am

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE
Post tryout rankings
Universal Faulstitch
Returns everyone and added a Universal 16u pitcher to their staff. The rich get richer. PGF Invited
LTG Henderson
Picked up a couple stud pitchers to go with their number one. Getting closer to the 1 spot. Should be some great battles this summer. PGF Invited
Sorcerer Bigley
Standing pat with their roster. Didn't need much. Will be formidable. Has to chase a premier berth as the org. gives it to Schroll. PGF Platinum invited
Grapettes Moose
Added some strong players to their strong core. Has to chase a berth as the org. gives it to Gann. PGF Platinum invited
Batbusters Brooks
Needs to upgrade in certain areas to compete on the highest level. Has to chase a berth
Grapettes Gann
Needed to add another front line pitcher and didn't. A different team with and without #5. PGF Invited
CA Breeze Pirkey
Very deep in pitching. We will see how Pirkey puts the pieces together. Has to chase a berth
Lady Magic Boykin
Very strong team that will move up during spring. Has to chase a berth.
Firecrackers Ricks
Not sure about the roster and only saw them once in fall but Ricks will have em ready. Has to chase a berth.
Sorcerer Schroll
Needed a lot of change to the roster to compete on a national level. Probably would have been better to create one team with Bigley. Oh Well. PGF Invited
CA Breeze Warren PGF Platinum Invited

It's too bad we as Nor Cal can't put aside our differences and egos from parents and coaches to put together a team that can win a National Championship.
I remember when the midwest and the south couldn't compete until they banded together to put superteams together. Now they win a ton. Let's look at the model of success and try to implement it up here.
Anyone have anything different? Would love some varying opinions.
PunchlinesportsNC

by BB12 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:42 pm

Agreed on UFP and LTG, thats easy....the rest???

you need to put your crack pipe down before you burn your lips...

Go back and look at your "12U Mid Season" rankings from last April and then look at the Final Standings at PGF. You nailed it!!! Your top 5 did awesome in July...

It's fun but a waste of time to rank teams ahead of Memorial Day and your rankings last year show it.

I see a pattern developing in your rankings and I wonder if other coaches could enhance their rankings with gimmick outfits like neon yellow shoes, ridiculous sunglasses, and of course leggings, tights, pantyhose....

I am considering doing team logo mud flaps for all the "cool guy" coaches trucks. We all know that to be taken serious in NorCal fastpitch you need a giant truck.

Just think, you are rolling down the 99, look over and see a dude with a bad haircut, cool guy sunglasses, in a truck that you need a step ladder to get in. As this marvel of American industry passes you, you see the Firecracker logo flaps and you decide you need to get them. Help me out ....

I am working on the patent as we speak and knowing what these orgs are charging, combined with how cool these dudes are, I expect the flaps will sell out quickly.

Keep breathing that fertilizer enhanced air, dont forget to check the tire pressure in your foundation and have a:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
BB12
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PunchlinesportsNC » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:33 pm

First test down. Some surprises and definitely some disappointments. Only acknowledging teams that were competitive. Sorcerer Schroll Looked strong winning the Coastal Cup
Sorcerer Bigley
Grapettes Moose
Suncats Cat
Grapettes Monroy
Firecrackers Ramos
All other teams, Can't get blown out by the above teams and expect to make this list. I normally try to do a top ten but couldn't in good conscience.
PunchlinesportsNC

Previous

Return to NorCal