Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

16's & 18's...does anyone care in NorCal?

by skoufax » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:42 am

ICMTM - please see 12U posts over last two years and please point out more than three discussions not fanatical, obsessive or just plain offensive. Show me ONE discussion topic that shared with others the joy of watching their child love, learn and play the game. For the most part HB posts for that age group are bitter, mean spirited and discuss the negative aspects of the sport. AND, for the most part (not all of course, Iluvblue comes to mind) all are written from parents without the dedication or ability to step on the field and coach themselves and prefer to talk on the bucket. My point in my intial comment was simply to state that once you are looking at the younger ages from the rear-view mirror, you realize that where your team ranked or how amazing they were really doesn't matter much - what matters is your daughter and her love of the game.
skoufax

by Iluvblue » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:46 pm

good posts skoufax,

I love this game and could talk strategy all day long. But most dont want to do that. This place just turns into insults and BS.

The difference between older and younger parents isnt all that much really. the older ones just have more experience and they smarten up and try to stop the BS.

They are also very concerned about messing things up for their daughters, so they stay MOSTLY quiet.

I have recently dropped down to 12u for a few months with my younger daughter while waiting for our older teams to start up. Most teams are so concerned about winning that they forget we should be developing.

Just a question. If you are up 4 runs or more later in a FRIENDLY game and the opposing team gets runners on 1st and 2nd and has no outs. Isnt that a good time to teach your defenders how to get aggressive and try to get some lead runners? Arent they going to try and get lead runners in the olders? Dont we want our 12u players learning this stuff now?

or do you just tell them to play it safe and get an out at 1st base so as to not allow the other team to come back in this ever important "Friendly?"
Iluvblue

by ICMTM » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:28 pm

skoufax wrote:ICMTM - please see 12U posts over last two years and please point out more than three discussions not fanatical, obsessive or just plain offensive. Show me ONE discussion topic that shared with others the joy of watching their child love, learn and play the game. For the most part HB posts for that age group are bitter, mean spirited and discuss the negative aspects of the sport. AND, for the most part (not all of course, Iluvblue comes to mind) all are written from parents without the dedication or ability to step on the field and coach themselves and prefer to talk on the bucket. My point in my intial comment was simply to state that once you are looking at the younger ages from the rear-view mirror, you realize that where your team ranked or how amazing they were really doesn't matter much - what matters is your daughter and her love of the game.

That isn't me, and again I'll reiterate I'm not in the right place anymore.
ICMTM

Previous

Return to NorCal