Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

PAC-30

by Kool-Aid » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:18 pm

Just curious, how many softball teams does the PAC-12 have, 9? Only reason I ask is if half the amount of people that tell me that so and so is going PAC-12 is true they will need 30 teams to have room for them all. Do people really understand how many kids in each class go PAC-12, I just dont get it.
Kool-Aid

by NatRx » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:17 pm

Kool-Aid wrote:Just curious, how many softball teams does the PAC-12 have, 9? Only reason I ask is if half the amount of people that tell me that so and so is going PAC-12 is true they will need 30 teams to have room for them all. Do people really understand how many kids in each class go PAC-12, I just dont get it.

Copied from UCS website: http://robocoach.websitetoolbox.com/pos ... 6?trail=30 (**actual website has each girls name color-coded by class)

"This is a list for Division 1 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 verbal commitments...

Pac 12
Arizona: Nancy Bowling, Amanda Perez, Gabrielle Sandstedt, Lauren Young, Darcy Taylor, Courtney Rodriguez, Estelle Pinon, Mo Mercado, Michelle Floyd, Katyiana Mauga, Eva Watson, Lauren Johnson, Patricia Parks, Alyssa Palomino, Tamara Statman, Hillary Edior, Justin Garganese, Malia Martinez
Arizona State: Nicole Girard, Katie Aguirre, Jennifer Soria, Raianna Dobbs, Mandy Grebe, Allie Butterfield, Abby Spiel, Alexis Cooper, Chelsea Gonzales, Jilian Leslie, Margaret Stahm, Sashel Palacios, Marisa Stankiewicz, Carlee Wallace, Johanna Grauer, Breanna Macha, Tannon Snow, Ciera Schick, Melissa Eisen, Aviana Davis
Cal: Jasmin Mejia, Khala Taylor, Nisa Ontiveras, Vanessa Alvarez, Jessica James, Kylie Reed, Rachael Farrington, Alleah Laxamana, Katie Sutherland-Finch, Taylor Cotton, Jazmyn Jackson, Kristin Cullen, Kobie Pettis, Taurie Pogue, Kristin Hoover, Lindsey Rood, Krysten McCue, Nicole Joseph
Oregon: Janelle Lindvall, Danica Mercado, Cheridan Hawkins, Koral Costa, Stevie Jo Knapp, Andrinae White, Nicolette Udria, Sierra Puentes, Samantha Puentes, Lexy Pierson, Jenna Lilley, Lauren Lindvall, Cheyenne Powell, Gwen Svekis, Autumn Miller, Miranda Elish
Oregon State: Sarah Shadinger, Natalie Hampton, Christie Langlois, Kylie Padilla, Alexis Gonzalez, Keanna Pepe, Alleyah Armendariz, Alex Boyd, Shae Nelson, McKenna Arriola, Alysha Everett, Lovie Lopez, Gina Bond
Stanford: Jessica Plaza, Kayla Bonstrom, Kelsey Stevens, McKenzie Smith, Kylie Sorensen, Carley Hoover, Madison Schreyer, Lauren Bertoy, Haley Snyder, Whitney Burks, Kaley Winegarner, Brooke Vines, Morgan Nelson
UCLA: Britney Rodriguez, Brittney Moeai, Alexis Bennett, Paige McDuffie, Mysha Sataraka, Delaney Spaulding, Gabby Maurice, Anjelica Felix, Maddy Jelenicki, Kylee Perez, Selina Ta'amilo, Brianne Tautalafua, Paige Halstead, Rachel Garcia, Taylor Pack, Madi Nickles, Aaliyah Jordan
Utah: Aryn McCarver, Shelby Pacheco, Kayce Nieto, Sammy Cordova, Bridget Castro, Anissa Urtez, Bella Secaira, Hannah Flippen, Miranda Viramontes, Heather Bowen, Hailey Hilburn
Washington: Missy Taukeiaho, Jocelyn Cater, Jenny McNeill, Jenna Kreamer, Kiki Harper, Ali Aguilar, Ashley Thompson, Bridget Raftery, Kimberly Myers, Rylleigh Zbaraschuk, Taylor Van Zee, Julia DePonte, Krystal Aubert, Kelly Burdick, Trysten Melhart, Taryn Alvelo, Fa Leilua, Morganne Flores, Skylar McCarty, Sam Manti, Nicole Bates, Kaija Gibson"
NatRx

by Kool-Aid » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:01 am

Great list! Now in this list there are kids at each school that are walking on, so the real scholarship number each year is even smaller.

So each school will maybe upon "avg", have two or three scholarships open up in each class, so that means in the entire USA, only two or three kids on AVG will receive a athletic scholarship to play softball at a given PAC-12 school. A fully funded program has 12-scholarships (i assume all PAC-12 are fully funded), and typically 17-20 on roster, you do the math!

Point is, its ok to have the PAC-12 as a dream, but dont think that those "rides" are plentiful, and dont give your kid false hope only to be crushed that it didnt happen in the end...
Kool-Aid

by NatRx » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:16 pm

Kool-Aid wrote:Great list! Now in this list there are kids at each school that are walking on, so the real scholarship number each year is even smaller.

So each school will maybe upon "avg", have two or three scholarships open up in each class, so that means in the entire USA, only two or three kids on AVG will receive a athletic scholarship to play softball at a given PAC-12 school. A fully funded program has 12-scholarships (i assume all PAC-12 are fully funded), and typically 17-20 on roster, you do the math!

Point is, its ok to have the PAC-12 as a dream, but dont think that those "rides" are plentiful, and dont give your kid false hope only to be crushed that it didnt happen in the end...

Very true... I personally would never presume to say that all of these are scholarshipped players. Some could be walk-ons, some could be partials, and I know of a some "fulls"... Either way, congrats to all these girls for working hard at making their dreams come true.
NatRx

by luv2teachthegame » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:18 am

What many of the bigger D1 programs, like those in the Pac 12, are doing is giving partial scholarship and spreading those funds out to get in more kids that can help them. Full ride scholarship are less common now than they used to be....still happens but less common. But nevertheless, it is a battle to try to achieve even a partial scholarship to these big D1 schools. Congrats to those that have been able to do it....skill+luck+playing in the big exposure tournaments+playing well at the right time!
luv2teachthegame

by Miken dad » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:51 am

Very true. My DD and I have less expectations. She would love to go to UC San Diego. Willamette, Whittier. Much rather have a educatuion from a Willamette than a ASU, just saying.
Miken dad

by Kool-Aid » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:18 am

This was not about slamming certain PAC-12 schools as you get what you put into any school. I know kids that attended ASU that are doing very well right now, and know others that quit school/softball at Willamette, so be careful before you start spewing out nonsense.

I do agree that there are plenty of opportunity's for kids playing softball, and that is the great part about softball, it opens many doors. The point of this thread is to let people know that, DO NOT PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET ;)
Kool-Aid

by TooOldToCare » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Kool-Aid wrote:This was not about slamming certain PAC-12 schools as you get what you put into any school. I know kids that attended ASU that are doing very well right now, and know others that quit school/softball at Willamette, so be careful before you start spewing out nonsense.

I do agree that there are plenty of opportunity's for kids playing softball, and that is the great part about softball, it opens many doors. The point of this thread is to let people know that, DO NOT PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET ;)

I agree about not putting all eggs in one basket. Casting a wide net encompassing all levels is advisable. YOu never know where the right fit might be. It is important to consider the educational aspect and make sure that it is going to serve you going forward. I think the point of Miken Dad re. Willamette was not relevant to softball but to the quality of the education. There is a difference in a state school education and a private school education but that is another thread.
TooOldToCare

by Miken dad » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:11 pm

TooOldToCare wrote:
Kool-Aid wrote:This was not about slamming certain PAC-12 schools as you get what you put into any school. I know kids that attended ASU that are doing very well right now, and know others that quit school/softball at Willamette, so be careful before you start spewing out nonsense.

I agree about not putting all eggs in one basket. Casting a wide net encompassing all levels is advisable. YOu never know where the right fit might be. It is important to consider the educational aspect and make sure that it is going to serve you going forward. I think the point of Miken Dad re. Willamette was not relevant to softball but to the quality of the education. There is a difference in a state school education and a private school education but that is another thread.

Thats what I meant. My thinking is if you can't get into top 25 or even 50 D1 schools where you have a legit chance to play for a champioship, then theres nothing wrong dropping a division or two to get the higher education. You've done the math we are talking approx 150 girls will get into those schools thats not many. Also, can't really compare ASU to Williamette in education thats like comparing Willamette to ASU in softball, just saying
Miken dad

Return to NorCal