Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

ASA Reg and Player Cards Topic moved

by linedrivelouie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:23 pm

Here you go boy's since you have managed to HIJACK the 12 watch list I went ahead and moved your conversation for you... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fly Out wrote:
Iluvblue wrote:ILB is coming to the rescue... so if you REALLY want to know how this works, read closely and pay attention, because what was written above is misinformation to the MAX.

Ok, I am going to talk about ASA ONLY here. A team signs an OFFICIAL ASA roster. That means absolutely NOTHING until the PLAYER plays in an ASA qualifier. (make sure you understand what a qualifier is). Now once that kid plays in a qualifier with the team they signed the roster, they are LOCKED IN ON THAT TEAM for all future ASA CHAMPIONSHIP play... no matter what the coach does or does not do. There is NO SUCH THING AS A PLAYER release. That player is locked on that team for the rest of the season in regards to championship play for all ASA TOURNEYS. Your local ASA association can not release a player, the coach can not release a player, they are LOCKED.

I to am only talking about ASA and I think we are saying the same thing. Remember in the older age groups the season is so short, by the time a player would leave rosters would normally be locked. I would think if you start late May and locked rosters Mid June it would be hard to quit a team in that few weeks. With the younger age group teams who start playing in feb or Mar if they leave mid season we are normally talking late April to mid May. If you try and add a player to your roster at that point and she is on another roster an error message comes up and you can not finish adding her. Which is why her coach can not ad that player to his roster until the coach from the other team has removed her from his or her roster. What I was saying is if her old coach is trying to hold her from playing or being added to the new roster by not removing her or releasing her it is as simple as contacting your local ASA office to get her released from that old coaches roster.

Iluvblue wrote:If player A signs that roster and then leaves the team without playing in any qualifier, they can then go to another team and sign a roster and they are fine. Forget the cards, that has nothing to do with keeping a player or letting them go. It is used to show they are registerd and have insurance.

I bring up player card for your exact reason. It proves the player is registered and insured. If you have an issue with a coach not releasing a player right away it is the only way for her new team to prove she is ASA registered and insured. During any ASA tournament prior to locking in If a roster check is requested by the opposing coach and you can not prove all players are ASA registered and insured the team is forced to forfeit. This has happened this last year and I am sure will happen again. If you leave before the team plays in a qualifier you still need the card to turn in at the qualifier with the signed roster.As for Championship play once your team is done and you would like to play for another team at say Nationals as a pick up player you need the card. Yes you can get temp cards, a new card or print the player page from the ASA site but it would be a lot less headache if you have the card. Just saying be proactive and get one of your daughters player cards. There is a reason ASA gives out 2 and it not so the coach has 2 copies.

Players can not be held from leaving a team but can be suspended from play after joining a new roster if they have not returned team equipment or if they have failed to pay team fees prior to leaving an org. Only after going through the proper steps of an ASA hearing.
Last edited by linedrivelouie on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
linedrivelouie

by linedrivelouie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:25 pm

Iluvblue wrote:If you try and add a player to your roster at that point and she is on another roster an error message comes up and you can not finish adding her. Which is why her coach can not ad that player to his roster until the coach from the other team has removed her from his or her roster.

Is this how it works up there for ASA???? because it does not work like that down here. For NSA yes, but a coach can not go in and remove a kid from their ASA roster online down here. Just remember, there is NO SUCH THING AS A PLAYER RELEASE.

Also, not sure why a 12u team would get an ASA CHAMPIONSHIP roster signed in March or April. Registering a player on a team through the local association does NOT LOCK them to that team, only a signed ASA CHAMPIONSHIP roster does(actually that doesnt even do it, only AFTER the play in championship play with the team, are they locked), and you dont do those online. And, that roster gets redlined after they play in championship play, not before.
linedrivelouie

by linedrivelouie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Iluvblue wrote:

Is this how it works up there for ASA???? because it does not work like that down here. For NSA yes, but a coach can not go in and remove a kid from their ASA roster online down here. Just remember, there is NO SUCH THING AS A PLAYER RELEASE.

I think you guys may be talking two different things, online registration and championship roster.
If you are talking online registration then yes, if a player was put in the system by a coach that coach has to take her off of his roster before another coach can add her.
Also, there have been plenty of cases where a player on a redlined roster was released and allowed to go to another team. ASA has no balls when it comes down to it.
linedrivelouie

by linedrivelouie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:28 pm

noncrazynorcal wrote:
PDad wrote:
Iluvblue wrote:... Just remember, there is NO SUCH THING AS A PLAYER RELEASE. ...

FYI - ASA added it to its Code last year. However, the feasibility of getting one depends largely on your local association's roster change deadline.

Article 106 DEFINITIONS

P. 03) Player Release
is for a player that has participated on a team in championship play. They may be released from a team after participating in Championship Play, but it shall be prior to the State / Metro Association roster change deadline and shall have written approval from the Coach and Player / Parent Guardian ( if under age 18 ). For Junior Olympic Players, if the Manager / Coach and Parent / Guardian are one and the same, there needs to be an additional Manager / Coach signature. For Adult Players if the Manager / Coach and the Player are one and the same, there needs to be an additional Manager / Coach signature. This Player Release Form must be approved via signature by the State / Metro Association Commissioner or his / her designee.

Again, it's all a bunch of blah-blah-blah with ASA code this and that. The parents and coaches of the most competitive players and teams in Norcal have PGF as the goal and ASA or TCS as fallback plans if they don't make PGF.

Heybucket don't care about adult slowpitch. ASA is enamored with its championship play and can't get over themselves. They talk about championship play like Brits talk about the royal family.

The concept of player release means almost nothing in Norcal. Those days are over.
linedrivelouie

by linedrivelouie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:29 pm

Fly Out wrote:If you try and add a player to your roster at that point and she is on another roster an error message comes up and you can not finish adding her. Which is why her coach can not ad that player to his roster until the coach from the other team has removed her from his or her roster.

Iluvblue wrote:Is this how it works up there for ASA???? because it does not work like that down here. For NSA yes, but a coach can not go in and remove a kid from their ASA roster online down here. Just remember, there is NO SUCH THING AS A PLAYER RELEASE.

Yes unfortunately GSJSA "ASA" still does things a little like the wild west. They are one of the few who does not use the online registry. They are also one of the few areas who do not ask coaches for rosters in non championship play.

Iluvblue wrote:Also, not sure why a 12u team would get an ASA CHAMPIONSHIP roster signed in March or April. Registering a player on a team through the local association does NOT LOCK them to that team, only a signed ASA CHAMPIONSHIP roster does(actually that doesnt even do it, only AFTER the play in championship play with the team, are they locked), and you dont do those online. And, that roster gets redlined after they play in championship play, not before.

We were talking about the fact coaches can not hold a player from moving on. I never said anything about CHAMPIONSHIP Roster. I never said they were LOCKED to a team. In most local ASA tournaments in areas outside of GSJSA teams are required to turn in signed ASA Rosters to the TD's prior to the event. If your team plays in the same TD's events a lot this is normally only required at the beginning of the season. If a player switches teams a new signed roster should be turned in. This is not always done however it is one of those cover your A$$ things. When a player or Ump gets injured on the field and there is an ASA Reg issue with that team or player those involved are not covered by ASA insurance and the liability could fall on the TD, coach and the org the team is apart of. (I would assume being the head of an org you are already aware of that though)

For 2013 most Local ASA associations have gone another step and will be requiring coaches to wear their ASA card on them during the game which proves they have been back round checked
linedrivelouie

by linedrivelouie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:30 pm

Iluvblue wrote:That is what I get for not staying up on things. IMO, that is incredible STUPID allowing a kid to switch teams AFTER a qualifier, but not the metro.

So... I have 2 14u teams. I qualify team number 1 at a NQ not the metro. Then I drop the stud pitcher off that team, to my organization's 2nd team in the same age and have that stud pitcher go dominate the metro, thus qualifying another team.
linedrivelouie

by linedrivelouie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:31 pm

OK Continue your talks have a nice day :D
linedrivelouie

by ICMTM » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:37 pm

nifty sudo-mod work! @numerouno (no tagging is not the business) should get you a T-Shirt.
ICMTM

Return to NorCal