Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

So, how many of you out there are Bernie supporters?

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by aparent » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:04 am

as the world turns wrote:Aparent, based on your previous posts, Trump is your guy.

http://www.heybucket.com/viewtopic.php?t=79238

If only it were as simple as supporting a candidate on a single issue he would be, But that is not my most pressing concern with the president, my most pressing concern is finding a candidate that I think can respond with good leadership on the myriad issues the president needs to deal with. Trump is too thin skinned and prone to lashing out to be effective in that office. I do think he has a small possibility of being a Teddy Roosevelt type leader, but I also think he has a higher chance of being a Putin type leader and that is not a chance I can take.
aparent

by Pale Rider » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:29 am

aparent wrote:
as the world turns wrote:Aparent, based on your previous posts, Trump is your guy.

If only it were as simple as supporting a candidate on a single issue he would be, But that is not my most pressing concern with the president, my most pressing concern is finding a candidate that I think can respond with good leadership on the myriad issues the president needs to deal with. Trump is too thin skinned and prone to lashing out to be effective in that office. I do think he has a small possibility of being a Teddy Roosevelt type leader, but I also think he has a higher chance of being a Putin type leader and that is not a chance I can take.

And you (*&^%$ trust Hillary?...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PairOfAces » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:52 pm

Pale Rider wrote:
aparent wrote:

As is far too often the case, at least in the last few national elections, we are forced to choose between the lesser of two evils. And Clinton IS evil, make no mistake about it. Anyone who thinks she has the best interest of her country, her party, women in general, or anyone but herself and her cronies (of which there are many) is sadly mistaken. And madly delusional.

Trump, for all his faults (of which there are also many) has MORE interest in what is good for this country, because what is good for the country is good for him, and his type. Trump strikes at the heart of what many people feel but do not want to say in this current climate of political correctness gone wild. Does he come off too strong for the mainstream? Yes, often. Why do the liberals hate him? Because he wants to get rid of the freeloaders, and wants to stem the tide of more freeloaders coming in this country. Why do so many Republicans hate him? Because far too many have become political animals who want nothing more but to stay in office, and have NO regard for the once honorable political ideal of service to/for their country and fellow citizens.

So I voted for Trump in the primary because he is far better than the alternative, even though he is far less than what I would hope for. And I will vote for him in the general election; and if my party does not support him as the candidate chosen OVERWHELMINGLY by the people, then I will denounce my Republican affiliation. A third party system in this country is a joke, but I will become Libertarian or anything other than Republican or Democrat.

JMHO.
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:45 pm

This is not about leadership, a wall, income or gender or penis size equality, or anything else other than the future of the Supreme Court. That is all this election is about, because SCOTUS is the only thing either candidate can and will truly impact that will affect the rest of your life and that of your kids.

The next POTUS could possibly fill FIVE (5) seats on the Court. That means possible 7-2 decisions. If Hillary is elected, her goal will be the neutering, if not the outright elimination of the 2nd Amendment via the Court system. You wont see another States' rights or conservative decision for the next 30 years.

Make it easy on yourself and dont over-analyze the media pros and cons bullshit. Both candidates are severely flawed. Simply decide what you want with the Supreme Court - then vote accordingly.
ontheblack

by aparent » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:01 pm

Pale Rider wrote:
aparent wrote:

Not sure where you pulled that one from. I'm writing in Rand Paul.
aparent

by PDad » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:07 pm

ontheblack wrote:This is not about leadership, a wall, income or gender or penis size equality, or anything else other than the future of the Supreme Court. That is all this election is about, because SCOTUS is the only thing either candidate can and will truly impact that will affect the rest of your life and that of your kids.

Their secondary impact is executive orders and regulations. The next president can overturn Obama's orders and regulations on immigration, EPA, health care, transgenders, et al. Obama needs a Dem successor to preserve his actions.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:47 pm

aparent wrote:Not sure where you pulled that one from. I'm writing in Rand Paul.

I like Rand Paul, great guy, excellent speaker, reasonable, a real Constitutionalist, but he is no longer running for the office of President.
If you write in a candidate you may as well write yourself in, the odds are the same.
To use your vote to its fullest potential there are only two practical choices.
For being a Rand Paul dude, I find little logic an intellect in this decision.
JMO
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:05 pm

PDad wrote:
ontheblack wrote:This is not about leadership, a wall, income or gender or penis size equality, or anything else other than the future of the Supreme Court. That is all this election is about, because SCOTUS is the only thing either candidate can and will truly impact that will affect the rest of your life and that of your kids.

Their secondary impact is executive orders and regulations. The next president can overturn Obama's orders and regulations on immigration, EPA, health care, transgenders, et al. Obama needs a Dem successor to preserve his actions.

True, but the next POTUS can issue their own EOs and we can go back and forth, which makes it very much secondary to the longterm consequences of Supreme Court decisions. 5-4 SCOTUS decisions can be reversed. But 6-3 or 7-2? Not a chance in hell.
ontheblack

by ontheblack » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:12 pm

Safebyahare wrote:
aparent wrote:Not sure where you pulled that one from. I'm writing in Rand Paul.

I like Rand Paul, great guy, excellent speaker, reasonable, a real Constitutionalist, but he is no longer running for the office of President.
If you write in a candidate you may as well write yourself in, the odds are the same.
JMO

Listen to the Rabbit. He is saying the same thing Rand Paul would tell you. Let the Bernie indies go 3rd party and screw Hillary. You need to vote with a purpose, even if you have to hold your nose while you do it. Just like taking a dump, its not pleasant, but you will feel better afterward.
ontheblack

by aparent » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:44 pm

Safebyahare wrote:

JMO

Fair point, obvious but fair. I did consider this, but we are given the same false choices every four years, With the argument being that third party votes will just let the other guy win, I am done with it, I will not vote for the lesser of two evils any more, i will cast my vote for candidates I believe in and only candidates I believe in.

maybe when enough people truly get fed up and just abandon these rigged parties then we will get the best and the brightest not these idiots.
aparent

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub