Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

More info on the peaceful religion

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by jonriv » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:39 am

as the world turns wrote:Btw aparent, based on past posts, jon seems to love muslims.

I love all people- except intolerant extremists :D
jonriv

by jonriv » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:50 am

AWT- do you know anyone who is a Muslim? I know several- they are bankers, Doctors and all other kinds of professions. They all do not follow Sharia and are not extremist in the least
jonriv

by jonriv » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:58 am

it is very simple, you, BW, by justifying Islamic teachings, as currently practiced by the majority of Muslim are against women's rights and gay rights and general human rights, That is your choice, but I choose to call it for what it is and use my voice to point out injustices like this even if it means I have to be called a bigot once in a while.

this argument that because .1 percent of Christians may do something bad that it is somehow the same as 80% of Muslims believing a woman should be stoned to death for adultery is a simple false equivalency, it is a standard practice of stupid liberals.

A little loose with the facts- do you have anything to back up your 80% assertion?

You should probably spend some time learning and reading a bit more about Islam and its history. many should. In college I was in ROTC and took an Islamic History course figuring I should learn the background of any area I could be deployed in(I did the same with Latin America and Europe) Understanding potential allies and enemies is always a good idea, No need to alienate a potential friend based on wrong information and misunderstandings. Isis and othe Islamic extremists should be wiped from the earth- that can achieved much easier with the help of moderate Muslims(who are far more threatened by it then we are) then by alienating them. Isis is killing all non-wahibist muslims(shia, kurds etc..) wake up
jonriv

by as the world turns » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:35 pm

Liberals are too busy trying to make nice with the rabid dog -

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/19/canadas-liberal-leader-backs-muslim-face-coverings-opposes-calling-honor-killings-barbaric/

I know muslims in all walks of life, but since I am not one of them, they keep relations on the surface. I bet that is the same with your muslim friends jon.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by aparent » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:10 pm

I read quite a bit, I don't come to positions like this lightly. Speaking of stereotypes, you assumed that this is based on bigotry and it is not, this is not cultural, this is a firm belief that a doctrine that teaches the things that Islam does is simply wrong. So yes, I have read enough of the beliefs of the religion, looked at enough studies, seen enough carnage to be comfortable that I have given a fair shake to Islam. I spent most of my life believing all religions are equal and that Islam is misunderstood, but time and again something horrific happens and the perpetrators are muslim.

So you can compare it to the Spanish inquisition, that is actually pretty accurate, but that was what 500 years ago? Why has Christianity moved past the "killing for religion" phase and Islam is still mired in it? I think it is because the TEACHINGS of Christ and the TEACHINGS of Mohammed are two entirely different things.

so you want studies, there are two major ones I read when I looked into this...one if from the PEW research center..

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

I forget the other one but i will try to find it, it had polls of world wide muslims and asked specific questions about beliefs on stoning, beheading etc and the results were frightening.
aparent

by aparent » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:23 pm

this isn't the same study but it has some pretty shocking results, in some countries as many as 89% of muslims favor stoning as a punishment for adultery. So that should be enough evidence to get rid of this "small minority" BS. LARGE SWATHS OF MUSLIMS believe in this. This is not a fringe Christian group representing .001 percent of America disrupting funerals and calling for "death to fags'....this is 89% of an entire country saying a human being should be stoned to death for adultery.

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/
Any religion that fosters this kind of violence is simply evil and wrong.

Some see the religions of Abraham as a continuum, Judaism begot Christianity which begot Islam. All I am saying is that like movies, the third in this franchise sucks and should be ignored.
aparent

by PDad » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:59 pm

aparent wrote:this isn't the same study but it has some pretty shocking results, in some countries as many as 89% of muslims favor stoning as a punishment for adultery. So that should be enough evidence to get rid of this "small minority" BS. LARGE SWATHS OF MUSLIMS believe in this. This is not a fringe Christian group representing .001 percent of America disrupting funerals and calling for "death to fags'....this is 89% of an entire country saying a human being should be stoned to death for adultery.

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/

Valid point, but not quite 89% of the entire country since it was 89% of the 84% of Muslims that favor Sharia being the law of the land in a country where Muslims are 96.4% of the population, which means 72% of the entire country favor stoning.

Afghanistan has a higher overall percentage of 83% since 99% of Muslims there favor Sharia being the law of the land and Muslims are 99% of the population.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Did You Know There Are Muslim ‘No-Go’ Zones In The USA
http://truthuncensored.net/there-are-muslim-no-go-zones-in-the-usa/#sthash.1hXdTArt.dpbs

btw
JR believes exactly what moslems and our government wants him to believe about islam
BW thinks her tin foil hat will protect her
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by jonriv » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:07 am

aparent wrote:I read quite a bit, I don't come to positions like this lightly. Speaking of stereotypes, you assumed that this is based on bigotry and it is not, this is not cultural, this is a firm belief that a doctrine that teaches the things that Islam does is simply wrong. So yes, I have read enough of the beliefs of the religion, looked at enough studies, seen enough carnage to be comfortable that I have given a fair shake to Islam. I spent most of my life believing all religions are equal and that Islam is misunderstood, but time and again something horrific happens and the perpetrators are muslim.

So you can compare it to the Spanish inquisition, that is actually pretty accurate, but that was what 500 years ago? Why has Christianity moved past the "killing for religion" phase and Islam is still mired in it? I think it is because the TEACHINGS of Christ and the TEACHINGS of Mohammed are two entirely different things.

so you want studies, there are two major ones I read when I looked into this...one if from the PEW research center..

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

I forget the other one but i will try to find it, it had polls of world wide muslims and asked specific questions about beliefs on stoning, beheading etc and the results were frightening.

Perhaps you should actually read the entire article you cite? It actually contradicts your hypothesis
jonriv

by aparent » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:26 am

looks like occurrence 10,346 of an isolated incident occurred yesterday.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0QR09R20150822

the American servicemen who stopped him said they heard what sounded like a gun being loaded coming from the bathroom. I wonder why they were listening? Maybe because they were smart enough to put the value of human life above the pseudo-value of religious equality and went ahead and observed his actions (just in case?)
aparent

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub