Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

The Pub

My Confession

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by TheTownUSA » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:58 pm

After giving it serious reflection, I have a confession that I need to get off my chest. It's been eating me up inside, pretending to be something that I am not with all of my friends and fellow travelers on The Bucket. This will no doubt come as a surprise to many of you, but I am NOT, nor have I ever been, a softball coach for a PGF caliber organization, at least not in the technical sense of the term.

With that said, I have done my fair share of coaching over the years, just not from the bench. I'm more of what you would call a sideline coach, one who offers valuable instruction from the bleachers when the official head coach is having an off day, or just isn't getting it done. You TB coaches out there all know exactly what I am talking about.

You're team is out on the field struggling during bracket play, and you're giving them one piece of shitty advice after another, trying in vain to get them back in the game so they don't get run-ruled after the 3rd inning. You have just three more outs to get ONE run across the plate to push the game into the 4th inning before the ump calls the game. You may not know it, but what you need in that situation is a fixer. That would be me, the guy who can bring the magic and make things happen

Do I get the occasional stink-eye from the head coach, or maybe a private talking to after the game? OF COURSE I DO!, OF COURSE I DO! What softball parent doesn't if they have any passion for the game and cares about the team? Admit it, we've ALL been there at some point or another in our kid's life, when the coach has dropped the ball or mentally checked out. At that point, somebody has to take the bull by the horns and motivate the girls to play to their full potential to get their heads back in the game. I relish that role and consider it to be an integral part of the game. Just like with police work, it's a thankless job, but somebody has to do it. If not, where would we be as a society?
Last edited by TheTownUSA on Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TheTownUSA
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:11 am

by Spazsdad » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:45 pm

Newsflash. This was no secret.
But, at least you admit you are one of those parents that has never done it but you sure know best. I would venture a guess that you don’t last long on teams. My over under for you is at least 4.5 only cuz you haven’t been a it long.
I will commend you on your recent string of replies though. Straightforward discussion without the usual emotion and political ramblings
Spazsdad
 
Posts: 8285
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:48 pm

by TheTownUSA » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:13 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Newsflash. This was no secret.
But, at least you admit you are one of those parents that has never done it but you sure know best. I would venture a guess that you don’t last long on teams. My over under for you is at least 4.5 only cuz you haven’t been a it long.
I will commend you on your recent string of replies though. Straightforward discussion without the usual emotion and political ramblings


I took the time to write this piece just to get a rise out of you. I even made sure to put it in the correct forum so you wouldn't get hysterical and delete it for being in the wrong category. You are so predictable. Thank you Pavlov's dog! I may want to take that wager. Are you talking 4.5 seasons, 4.5 weeks, 4.5 games or 4.5 innings? Could you please clarify your incoherent response?
TheTownUSA
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:11 am

by Spazsdad » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:27 pm

TheTownUSA wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:Newsflash. This was no secret.
But, at least you admit you are one of those parents that has never done it but you sure know best. I would venture a guess that you don’t last long on teams. My over under for you is at least 4.5 only cuz you haven’t been a it long.
I will commend you on your recent string of replies though. Straightforward discussion without the usual emotion and political ramblings


I took the time to write this piece just to get a rise out of you. I even made sure to put it in the correct forum so you wouldn't get hysterical and delete it for being in the wrong category. You are so predictable. Thank you Pavlov's dog! I may want to take that wager. Are you talking 4.5 seasons, 4.5 weeks, 4.5 games or 4.5 innings? Could you please clarify your incoherent response?


Pretty sure you have the roles reversed. The fact that you went out of your way to compose your soliloquy just for me shows you are the one with the obsession. I read every post here outside of the tryouts so you are not drawing me out like some Svengali. It just comes with the territory. At least you learned where to post things so we are making progress
Thought it was rather obvious what the 4.5 number meant since it directly followed the statement that you don't last long on teams. The 4.5 refers to the number of teams your kid has played for in her TB career.
No brownie points for the compliment I gave you? You hurt me with your callous disregard.
Spazsdad
 
Posts: 8285
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:48 pm

by TheTownUSA » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:33 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
TheTownUSA wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:Newsflash. This was no secret.
But, at least you admit you are one of those parents that has never done it but you sure know best. I would venture a guess that you don’t last long on teams. My over under for you is at least 4.5 only cuz you haven’t been a it long.
I will commend you on your recent string of replies though. Straightforward discussion without the usual emotion and political ramblings


I took the time to write this piece just to get a rise out of you. I even made sure to put it in the correct forum so you wouldn't get hysterical and delete it for being in the wrong category. You are so predictable. Thank you Pavlov's dog! I may want to take that wager. Are you talking 4.5 seasons, 4.5 weeks, 4.5 games or 4.5 innings? Could you please clarify your incoherent response?


Pretty sure you have the roles reversed. The fact that you went out of your way to compose your soliloquy just for me shows you are the one with the obsession. I read every post here outside of the tryouts so you are not drawing me out like some Svengali. It just comes with the territory. At least you learned where to post things so we are making progress
Thought it was rather obvious what the 4.5 number meant since it directly followed the statement that you don't last long on teams. The 4.5 refers to the number of teams your kid has played for in her TB career.
No brownie points for the compliment I gave you? You hurt me with your callous disregard.



Nah, I don't think so. You may be required to read every post on The Bucket because you're the moderator, but you don't respond to every post. In fact, you don't respond to most of the posts. There are many you let slide without adding your two cents, typically the ones that add no value to the conversation. There is something about me that stimulates your intellect and compels you to respond to virtually all of my posts, even though it's with weak sauce. Why do you think that is? Now let's hear your confession. Why did you delete that post where you claimed that Modesto was a shithole?
TheTownUSA
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:11 am

by Tyler Durden » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:14 pm

Modesto is a shithole
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
User avatar
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:04 am

by TheTownUSA » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:51 pm

Modesto is the Corona/Riverside of Northern CA. And welcome to The Bucket! Your 2 contributions have been very enlightening and thought provoking. Keep up the good work!
TheTownUSA
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:11 am

by Chin Music » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:15 pm

Welcome to the bucket. TD has been here awhile Einstein. Again your words of wisdom belong at the bottom of a birdcage. Would be nice to come on here and not see your bullshit.
User avatar
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:42 pm

by TheTownUSA » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:04 pm

At least when I show up I have something of value to add to the conversation. Whether you are intelligent enough to grasp it is on you. You on the other hand are a monkey that throws peanuts from the gallery.
TheTownUSA
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:11 am

by 110% » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:38 am

Why is this piece of garbage not banned?
110%
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:14 pm

Next

Return to The Pub

cron