Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Harvey Update

by orange socks » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:11 am

The sun is shining this morning and the temperature is unseasonably cool, but there is still danger of waters rising in and around the Houston area. We are dry and still have power. It seems that we have been very blessed, but many softball families have been impacted. DD has two teammates that had to evacuate, but we know of many more that have been displaced.

As I think about all these families and the devastation, my mind drifts to what the fall softball season will look like. I know this may sound selfish, but I think many players need softball at this time. I think about when can we feasibly get back on the fields. I wonder how many teams can actually put a team on the field. I wonder if the fields that are currently under 6 feet of water can get back to playing shape. I wonder how many want to play. I wonder if we can get enough umpires. For those players that were counting on this fall for recruiting, what impact will that have?

As the flood waters begin to recede, we will be able to take inventory and find a path forward. In a few minutes I am going to head into 5 feet of water to retrieve items from my uncle's home. Please pray for everyone that has been affected, which is really everyone along the coast of Texas and points inland.
orange socks

by Lace » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:20 am

OS,
How are things looking down there?
Lace

Return to TX