Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

PGF 10U, 12U and 18U

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:46 pm

Lone Staarr wrote:FP,

I will agree with FC Rico but I feel they have a pretty winnable game tomorrow. If they win that i think they can finish top 3.

Top 3
FC Rico
Texas Blaze
SoCal Athletics with SoCal athletics winning it all.

Your team has a clear path to win it all and have all the momemtum.

Im pulling for Blaze to make history! Maybe they can pull some upsets and win it all!!! They won TCS in New York!

C'mon Texas! Bombers where are you... Barnstorming??!!

You were right about Rico for sure. Definitely proving me wrong.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:19 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Lone Staarr wrote:How about PGF Nationals in sunny Southern California.

Who will be that top contenders in every age group?

Will the OC Batbusters Stith continue to dominate? SoCal Athletics Richardson? Will Firecrackers Rico make a run?

Will somebody out of state contend for the title? Beverly Bandits Conroy or Texas Glory Shelton?

For 18U I think if Glory can keep their momentum they would appear to be the top contender right now out of Texas, but don't forget about Texas Blaze who finished 2nd at the IDT in Boulder and 1st at TCS Nationals in NYC.

My dark horse out of Texas would be the Texas Bombers (just heard they are going to ASA JO Cup instead) who won the Colorado Fireworks and finished 3rd at the USA Elite Select World Fastpitch Championships, losing to OCBB-Stith by only 1 run in the semis.

From outside So Cal the aforementioned Beverly Bandits seems to always go deep at PGF, but here are some other teams not to sleep on (Disclaimer - this is strictly for fun and based on limited research so take all of this with a grain of salt):

- Birmingham Thunderbolts: Has wins over Texas Glory and So Cal A's this summer.
- PA Chaos: Extreme dark horse, but has played well against some of the traditional powerhouses.
- Wichita Mustangs: Always competitive (just heard they are going to ASA JO Cup instead)
- St Louis Chaos: See notes on PA Chaos. (just heard they are going to ASA JO Cup instead)
- AASA Merrida: May be the top power out of No Cal this year.
- EC Bullets: Probably the top team out of Georgia, but there are 3 or 4 other very strong teams from that state.(just heard they are going to ASA JO Cup instead)

Okay I gotta go throw the steaks on the BBQ and finish up dinner now. :D

Feel free to add your favorites and I'll also give you my picks for the winners at some point.

Well I got back from vacation for my son's 21st birthday just yesterday in Las Vegas and forgot to make my predictions, but I did talk to my DD on the drive home about who I though would win this year so here's what I said (Scouts Honor):

My favorites (in order): SC A's-Richardson, Corona Angels-Tyson and Beverly Bandits.

Dark horses (in order): OCBB-Stith, Texas Glory, Explosion-Denio and Birmingham TBolts.

With 6 teams left I'm down to my top pick A's and my dark horse TBolts. But that's going to change soon because they play each other next in the loser's bracket.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by orange socks » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:49 pm

12U Texas Showdown at the PGF. Sudden Imapact vs Impact Gold in the championship tomorrow!!!
orange socks

by Lone Staarr » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:05 pm

orange socks wrote:12U Texas Showdown at the PGF. Sudden Imapact vs Impact Gold in the championship tomorrow!!!

Nice! The 12U PGF national championship is coming to Texas!!!

Texas keeps making noise at the National level.
Lone Staarr

by GURULE18 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:45 am

So Cal Choppers 12u here. Your Texas teams really brought it this year - great competition and execution all around. See you next year!!! Good Job Texas
GURULE18
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Lone Staarr » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:59 pm

GRule,

Thank you for the kind words. H-Town does a great job with their teams. Year in and year out they are very competitive.

But as you know it's year to year for all of us.

Yes we hope to be competitive and back playing PGF next year. We'll see which way the ball rolls then.
Lone Staarr

Previous

Return to TX