WILL THE DIAMONDS BECOME 96 TEXAS GLORY

WILL THE DIAMONDS BECOME 96 TEXAS GLORY

YES.
68%
NO.
32%

Total votes : 37

by honcho55 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 pm

if you notice, I said nothing about being a part of an org., just think it's unethical to push a family to a partial when a full smaller D1 or D2 might be better. Now I do look at the sucess rate and I do know how to use the internet, so I can research alumni. The banners on the website is all fine and well, would you care to tell me how many of those were full rides? how many were really ready to compete at that level, or were just oversold to college coaches? How many are still at the school they started with? (yet another way to show that the homework wasn't done to make reasonably sure it was a good fit for both the school and the kid) My DD belongs to an org. that is relatively small, but I have been through the recruiting process and know the levels some people will stoop to make sure you go to such and such schools. I also know that it has gotten to the point of bad mouthing players from other teams to try and make your players recruited instead! This goes on in all sports if you don't know that, then it is you who have your head buried in the sand. Not saying that a big, small or otherwise org. is bad, just parents have got to go in with eyes open! How can the org. promise anything other than the opportunity to be seen when the numbers of scholarships (12) per college roster (16-25) is sooo bad? And to tell players that the ONLY way they'll be seen is by playing with them is just BS. Now also if you intimated I was talking about any of the Glory groups, that's on you, a bunch or org. do the same things nationwide. I think that some of these groups have ceased to do what's right for the kid and instead have focused on their own EGO's. Just my opinion!

And Skarp, if you read this, sorry for the lack of paragraphs! :lol: Honcho :ugeek:
honcho55

by PAPA COACH » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:59 am

Next Question wrote:
Get real, I know Troy Travers personally, would you like his cell number. I have called him Tony for year

Next Question?

hea everybody next stupid question knows troy "tony" travers. so next stupid question knows all the answers everybody stop using heybucket & just ask next question.that will be super handy. www.nextquestion.com -------------------------------- fasup im bruno
wine for everyone
PAPA COACH

by sbfanatic » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:29 am

Author: ’96 DIAMONDS
Date: 09/08/2009
Title: '96 DIAMONDS
Approved By: Bob Alexander

We will be adding 2 possibly 3 players to our team. We will play 14U and 16U this fall and next spring. All positions are open, pitching and speedy atheletes are a plus. If intrested call for practice times and location.

So much for the Diamond rumor going around.
sbfanatic

by PAPA COACH » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:24 am

sos she is breakin up ...somebody save the diamonds. did glory win by breakin up the team that bunch is so tricky.how do they do it. :D

fasup im bruno
wine for everyone
PAPA COACH

by rodehardputawaywet » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:35 pm

I think I saw this episode...

Rebel forces defeat the evil empire, however sustaining some losses.

We all know that the evil empire will be back!
rodehardputawaywet

by PAPA COACH » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:53 am

fasup i keep hearing rumors but no facts did the diamonds go over to glory or did they break up or are they just laying back taking a break.i saw a while back they were loking for players on vtd so wasup

fasup im bruno
wine for everyone
PAPA COACH

by sbfanatic » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:46 pm

Diamonds usually take a break during the fall season. Some of their players usually pick up for various teams during the fall.
sbfanatic

by sbfan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:04 pm

Diamonds have never taken a break in the fall unless you mean they dont play alot together.

They show they only play 3-4 Tournaments in the fall the past few years.
sbfan

by sbfanatic » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:14 pm

My bad sbfan, I did not see them at all last fall was told they take the fall off. I had seen their players picking up for other teams last fall so figured that was the case. I guess I should have checked VTD first. :)

As far as this thread I believe the Diamonds will stay intact. IMO this thread is just a rumor mill.
sbfanatic

by King Slade K Adkins » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:01 am

aquarius wrote:
honest bob wrote:Does the softball world really think that those GLORY LEADERS are the only people after the DIAMONDS well wake up and smell the coffee!!!!! They are only one of many that have & are trying to pickup the DIAMONDS.

I'd guess that's fairly accurate.

So..............

Glory et al, attempts to hurry and make up for bad management with the failed Whines bit - offers ready made, stand alone Diamonds club a free slide down the pipeline, then everybody wins??

Maybe too many down in ole Texasvile have lead themselves to believe that the Glory is the true and only means for attainment into "softball heaven". Give Glory their due and all, but ask this: What do they have right now that I need/want? What do they have that I don't need/want?

Honest Bobber is right - It's nobody's business, including mine, but hey.................

Not a rumor:
Richard Wines will be a part of the 14U Glory Adkins a.k.a. Diamonds coaching staff.
King Slade K Adkins

PreviousNext

Return to TX