Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Sudden Impact vs Impact Gold

by akks1382 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:21 am

Can anyone give me a bit of insight on these two teams? Are their programs comparable to each other or are they on completely different levels? I've seen where they are both having tryouts this weekend & trying to decide which to attend, if either. Thanks!
akks1382

by Stubby63 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:32 am

Both are great programs with the same outlook on winning getting girls exposed etc.. I would also go try Aces Express as they are also in the same catagory. Just depends where you live.
Stubby63

by akks1382 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:44 am

We are in the Northwest area. What can you tell me about the coaches, if anything? Not looking for a bash-fest, just a bit of background on how they coach.

Stubby63 wrote:Both are great programs with the same outlook on winning getting girls exposed etc.. I would also go try Aces Express as they are also in the same catagory. Just depends where you live.
akks1382

by frito_burrito » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:41 am

Stubby63 wrote:Both are great programs with the same outlook on winning getting girls exposed etc.. I would also go try Aces Express as they are also in the same catagory.

stubby how's they en the same catgory. es your daughter play with de aces.
the biggest question for ak es what age group chu lookin at.
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Vice » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:45 pm

The 18U Aces coaches are excellent. 16U and below...not so much. Some have no Idea what they are doing. Sad thing is, the guy at the top doesn't seem to care. And then there's that pesky $50 tryout fee...oh I mean clinic fee...Give me a break.
Vice

by Stubby63 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:06 pm

My DD didn't play for any of the teams in discusion so can't speek for the way practices are ran just have watched them play the last few years. All 3 seem to be coached pretty much the same. They all seem to get the most out of their players.
As for you Frito the answer is if you put all 3 in a round robin with 2 games against each other I would be willing to say it would quite possibly be a tie. These 3 are as evenly matched as they could possibly be at least at the gold level. And no my DD did not play for any of them. This is just an old man's observation with no dog in the fight.
Stubby63

by SoftballFan15 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:44 pm

Dont think you can go wrong with any of those choices, it seems they all get scholarships and do well. They all seem to play great competition too by their schedules.
SoftballFan15

by akks1382 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:29 pm

Frito, she will be 15 in Sept. & is a 2017 graduate. Has a habit of playing to the level of those around her. Could handle 18u, but not sure I want to bump her up just yet instead of going 16u (which is a whole other consideration). I think 16u would be best, at least for this year & re-evaluate later.

frito_burrito wrote:
Stubby63 wrote:Both are great programs with the same outlook on winning getting girls exposed etc.. I would also go try Aces Express as they are also in the same catagory.

stubby how's they en the same catgory. es your daughter play with de aces.
the biggest question for ak es what age group chu lookin at.
akks1382

by TexasYellowBall » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:22 pm

Impact Gold, Sudden Impact, and Aces Express and all in different categories. I am not a fan of the Impact Gold but it can not be denied that they have proven themselves over and over again for many years.

Sudden Impact has gone through ups and down but they also have a good program. They have not won as much as the Impact Gold and they seem to blow through coaches pretty fast.

The Aces Express have not been around long enough to put them in either group.(IMO). They are good, they have solid coaches but have picked up kids in the last few years that committed on other teams. IMO a team has to stay at the top for many years to earn "top club" status.

(having a fee for tryouts makes them look bad. Excuses can be given but it really does not matter...if you charge for tryouts you are greedy and your reputation gets tarnished.....)

Their are clubs all over that have a record of success and helping kids get into college. Peppers, Magic, Storm, Power to name a few....but there are many more.
TexasYellowBall

by frito_burrito » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:24 pm

ak forget about her age. she is in high school and is a 2017 graduate.
if she wants to play college softball its time to find the team that plays in the best exposure tournaments and gets to play in front of the best coaches. find the right organization and play 16u. that's where you will find the college coaches that are looking at you daughters graduation year. if you are asking if sudden impact or impact gold is best i say yes. both are organizations that can help get your daughter to the next level.
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to TX