Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Aces Express charging $50 Tryout Clinic Fee?

by Phantomz08 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:20 am

Vice wrote:Speaking of doing if for money! I hope they at least have some college coaches for instruction but I'm not holding my breath.
They are doing it to help raise additional funds for the team, not the coaches and to keep it to only those players with the talent level for 18U Gold ball. Bottom line is you can bitch about it all you want but nobody is twisting your arm or anybody elses to come to the tryout.

My daughter will be there with a $50 bill as I think the Aces are the next up and coming team to go deep in a lot of the BIG tournaments.

Have a great day all,

Mark
If it ain't broke, why fix it??
Phantomz08
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sbparent12 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:00 am

Phantomz08 wrote:
Vice wrote:Speaking of doing if for money! I hope they at least have some college coaches for instruction but I'm not holding my breath.
They are doing it to help raise additional funds for the team, not the coaches and to keep it to only those players with the talent level for 18U Gold ball. Bottom line is you can bitch about it all you want but nobody is twisting your arm or anybody elses to come to the tryout.

My daughter will be there with a $50 bill as I think the Aces are the next up and coming team to go deep in a lot of the BIG tournaments.

Have a great day all,

Mark

I looked at their current roster and they were losing some kids but had a lot coming back and all but one or two appeared to be signed. The signed players were going to some pretty good schools so that should have some talent.
sbparent12

by SoftballFan15 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:53 pm

You are all correct. If teams wish to charge, they should, they know what type kids they are looking for and it is their decision. If a great player who cannot afford to pay the money, then she wont come. They might me limiting the talent that shows up, but they are doing whats best for their team. Glory has never charged while my daughter played, but if they did we would have paid as they are the top team here in the Metroplex. I am sure that if Impact charged they would get alot of kids as well (it is my understanding from RK that they do not). Let's go on to another subject!!!! :ugeek: :ugeek:
SoftballFan15

by Lunatic Fringe » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:12 am

No, thanks. I get bled enough as it is
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by just4fun » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:05 pm

Phantomz08 wrote:

Have a great day all,

Mark

Must be because of their pitching :lol:
just4fun

by RlCldH2O » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:42 pm

Must be because of their pitching :lol:

Come on, it is always about the pitching. That being said, I will pass on paying for this 'camp'....
RlCldH2O

by houstonguru » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:02 pm

Wow what a joke and suprisingly big boy is a part of it.just like pearland he cant keep it shut.wow going to nationals and placing with so many west coast teams staying away not that big a deal.and some signed with big schools,from the team,alot of girls can say hey going to a big school but forgot to mention only enough for books getting paid for and his wouldve been in the same boat if not for Droste getting hurt.
houstonguru

by Phantomz08 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:51 am

houstonguru wrote:Wow what a joke and suprisingly big boy is a part of it.just like pearland he cant keep it shut.wow going to nationals and placing with so many west coast teams staying away not that big a deal.and some signed with big schools,from the team,alot of girls can say hey going to a big school but forgot to mention only enough for books getting paid for and his wouldve been in the same boat if not for Droste getting hurt.
Maybe you should try posting when you are sober? :lol: :lol:
If it ain't broke, why fix it??
Phantomz08
Premium Member
Premium Member

by frito_burrito » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:27 am

Phantomz08 wrote:
houstonguru wrote:Wow what a joke and suprisingly big boy is a part of it.just like pearland he cant keep it shut.wow going to nationals and placing with so many west coast teams staying away not that big a deal.and some signed with big schools,from the team,alot of girls can say hey going to a big school but forgot to mention only enough for books getting paid for and his wouldve been in the same boat if not for Droste getting hurt.
Maybe you should try posting when you are sober? :lol: :lol:

i hope he was drunk. maybe jus stupid
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to TX