Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Texas Bombers - Horrible organization

by HOOKEM12 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:18 pm

I cannot tell you how dissapointed I am with the Texas Bombers - New Braunfels organization!! The bottom line is this....paying 3 coaches/administrators full salaries is a scam! You are using money that should be going to the girls to fill your pockets. This is suppose to be a non-profit organization...as a coach/administrator you should be doing what you do for the love of the game and for the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping girls play at the same level....but, not for a fee...not to put money in your pocket. That is shameful. As a current member of the Texas Bombers Gold - HTX team...I am extremely dissappointed in the way the Bombers is run. I know now why so many Bombers teams have come and gone over the past few years. Money is the root of all evil...the Bombers New Braunfels is the poster child.

MC
HOOKEM12

by pbj2000 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:08 am

OUCH..the gold age old question...let's be honest here Fastpitch Softball is the cheapest sport for our female athletes to get involved in. Volleyball???Outrageous, Soccer???Outrageous...and both club teams for volleyball and soccer are...yup you guessed it! Paid coaches...some making around 30K a year (coaching multiple teams)...so before we go off on our rant about club softball coaches getting paid...think about it for a minute. They are volunteering their time and effort away from their families...so why not compensate them if they know wht they are doing
Peanut Butter and Jelly baby
pbj2000

by Battle » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:07 pm

HOOKEM12 wrote:I cannot tell you how dissapointed I am with the Texas Bombers - New Braunfels organization!! The bottom line is this....paying 3 coaches/administrators full salaries is a scam! You are using money that should be going to the girls to fill your pockets. This is suppose to be a non-profit organization...as a coach/administrator you should be doing what you do for the love of the game and for the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping girls play at the same level....but, not for a fee...not to put money in your pocket. That is shameful. As a current member of the Texas Bombers Gold - HTX team...I am extremely dissappointed in the way the Bombers is run. I know now why so many Bombers teams have come and gone over the past few years. Money is the root of all evil...the Bombers New Braunfels is the poster child.

MC

Other than the money, how happy are you with the organization as a whole?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Stubby63 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Stupid me I thought all coach's were payed and payed to do just that COACH, no more Daddy Ball especially at the Gold level. Guess you can start your own team and do everything for free. I havn't seen them play lately but when I did a couple of years ago I felt like the Bombers coach's got all they could out of their players and did an extremly good job. But that was from the outside looking in. I still think they are one of the top teams around. If you don't like paying and feel you aren't getting your money's worth leave and find another Organization/Team.
Stubby63

by TexasYellowBall » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:49 pm

Texas Bombers ... love em or hate em, they have a successful model for their kids. I have never been involved with the Texas Bombers in anyway except to be their opponents for approx. 9 years. I am from Austin and have coached against the Bombers since their beginning. They have always been good and have chosen to be a National Club. This takes a level of dedication that most parents do not understand.

Being head coach, head recruiter, and general manager is a full time job. When the parents are done with a tournament, the coach is still working. When practice is over, the coach is still working. During breaks between summer and fall, the coach is really working. The recruiting process never ends and is very demanding.

As times have changed and our kids have moved to college. The decision to coach after your child is gone is a transition so until you have done it, do not judge. The pull of your team, organization, and your family is a constant struggle ( really if you have younger kids). The parent will hardly ever have to make a decision to coach a select team over watching their child play in fall college game.

I truly hate the money side of softball but do not judge until you have sacrificed for others over and overs again.

Please understand that I am taking up for the Texas Bombers and Coach Smith. We are friends / acquaintance in softball.
TexasYellowBall

by frito_burrito » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:44 pm

hoookem if chu es unhappy with de bombers then chu need to join a organizasion that is all about the girls. the impact gold es where chu need to be. chu es welcome for this words of wisdum.
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by softballdaddi » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:33 am

pbj2000 wrote:OUCH..the gold age old question...let's be honest here Fastpitch Softball is the cheapest sport for our female athletes to get involved in. Volleyball???Outrageous, Soccer???Outrageous...and both club teams for volleyball and soccer are...yup you guessed it! Paid coaches...some making around 30K a year (coaching multiple teams)...so before we go off on our rant about club softball coaches getting paid...think about it for a minute. They are volunteering their time and effort away from their families...so why not compensate them if they know wht they are doing

Correction, if you are paid, then you cannot be considered a volunteer. Volunteers are not paid!
softballdaddi

by DonnieS » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:21 am

HOOKEM12 wrote:I cannot tell you how dissapointed I am with the Texas Bombers - New Braunfels organization!! The bottom line is this....paying 3 coaches/administrators full salaries is a scam! You are using money that should be going to the girls to fill your pockets. This is suppose to be a non-profit organization...as a coach/administrator you should be doing what you do for the love of the game and for the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping girls play at the same level....but, not for a fee...not to put money in your pocket. That is shameful. As a current member of the Texas Bombers Gold - HTX team...I am extremely dissappointed in the way the Bombers is run. I know now why so many Bombers teams have come and gone over the past few years. Money is the root of all evil...the Bombers New Braunfels is the poster child.

MC

There is really nothing to running a team, just start your own and do it right!
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Stubby63 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:26 am

softballdaddi wrote:
pbj2000 wrote:OUCH..the gold age old question...let's be honest here Fastpitch Softball is the cheapest sport for our female athletes to get involved in. Volleyball???Outrageous, Soccer???Outrageous...and both club teams for volleyball and soccer are...yup you guessed it! Paid coaches...some making around 30K a year (coaching multiple teams)...so before we go off on our rant about club softball coaches getting paid...think about it for a minute. They are volunteering their time and effort away from their families...so why not compensate them if they know wht they are doing

Correction, if you are paid, then you cannot be considered a volunteer. Volunteers are not paid!

OK then a Volunteer with a Tip Jar!!!
Stubby63

by bigtime » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:23 pm

The first that comes to mind is why someone would think non-profit means no pay. The red cross, salvation army, and churches are all non profit. The amount of time these people spend to run a first class operation deserve compensation. Most gold programs have people who get paid well. In another thread it is mentioned that IG is starting many new teams and IG gets 15 dollars per head for every kid that's slips on the IG.
bigtime

Next

Return to TX