Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Broken Arrow Qualifier

by justawatcher » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:53 am

bigbaddude wrote:I heard there were two teams from the Houston area qualify. Is that true?

After the passdowns, it should be 3 or 4 no?
justawatcher

by txfastptchcoach » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:23 am

bigbaddude wrote:
justawatcher wrote:
bigbaddude wrote:I heard there were two teams from the Houston area qualify. Is that true?

After the passdowns, it should be 3 or 4 no?
You probably know more than I do. Who were the two teams that qualified?

Winners Bracket
Houston Power Gold (Glowacz)
Aces Express Gold (McCorkle)
Buzz Fastpitch
Louisana Patriots Gold

Losers Bracket
Oklahoma Exclusive
Team Muzuno Impulse
txfastptchcoach

by frito_burrito » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:42 am

sum good 18u ball in beaumont this weekend to. usfa qualifide. florida here we come
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TulsaEliteGold » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Tx Sudden Impact lost to Buzz in a winners bracket berth game, then defeated Tx Glory RWB and were set to play Okla Exclusive in losers bracket berth game. But too many players had to leave for airport, so Sudden Impact forfeited the game to Exclusive without playing.

Then Team Mizuno Impulse was set to play American Freedom for final berth, when it started lightning and then poured rain. After a lengthy delay, it was finally decided by Runs Allowed.

Crazy ending!! Some great games. La Patriots ITB win over Exclusive by walk off grand slam was a classic. Houston Power finishing a winners bracket game Sat night at 1:30am and coming back to Qualify Sunday morning was nice.
Jeff Filali
Asst Softball Coach
Butler Comm College - 25+ D1 Signees since '11
www.butlergrizzlies.com

Founder/GM/Coach
Tulsa Elite Softball - 130+ College Commits since '08
www.tulsaelite.org

eM: jeff@TulsaElite.org
Ph: 918-951-7142
TulsaEliteGold

by 93players » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:19 pm

Sounds like a great tourney. Definitely a terrific showing for Texas teams. Sad to see a forfeit and a game decided by a tiebreaker.

We had a loser bracket game in a Dallas gold qualifier a few years ago. After winning a close one against the Peppers, we had to face the Travellers whose opponent had decided not to play so that team sat around for us to finish the Peppers game for the last spot. Our team had several key players with airline reservations at DFW to top softball camps around the country. They had about 70 minutes before they had to leave from game time. The team responded to put run after run on the Travellers. I am not sure that team knew what was going on, but our players managed to end the game in the 5th inning. The players with flights had no intention of leaving early -- playing gold was too important to them. The team played so well trying to let these kids go make their flights.
93players

Return to TX