Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

IFA/VTD...Coaches need to read between the lines

by Vess Express » Wed May 15, 2013 12:25 pm

Vess Express wrote:
PDad wrote:Will ASA still allow teams from Texas after y'all secede? :P

They should. Who wouldn't love to be an ASA International Champion?!

Scratch that. Make it a TSA International Championship.

We will have nice weather, and even better beaches than CA. We will hold our TSA National Championship in Cozumel, Texas.

There are already a lot of nice hotels down there, and as luck would have it, all kinds of cruise ships going that way. There is also a lot of undeveloped land that we could build our state of the art softball fields on.

I am planning on getting rich with this idea. Now, I just need to get that secession paperwork started…
Vess Express

by PDad » Wed May 15, 2013 12:53 pm

Vess Express wrote:We will have nice weather, and even better beaches than CA. We will hold our TSA National Championship in Cozumel, Texas.

I didn't realize Texas would expand with the secession. Is it just that island or are there other properties that you plan on annexing - Cancun, Yucatan peninsula, Veracruz?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Vess Express » Wed May 15, 2013 1:45 pm

PDad wrote:
Vess Express wrote:We will have nice weather, and even better beaches than CA. We will hold our TSA National Championship in Cozumel, Texas.

I didn't realize Texas would expand with the secession. Is it just that island or are there other properties that you plan on annexing - Cancun, Yucatan peninsula, Veracruz?

Expansion just felt like the right thing to do. Being a new country and all, we would need more territory, and resources. I think it would benefit both Texas, and what was formerly known as Mexico. Just think, we could take care of that illegal alien problem! No more probems with Americans and Mexicans, everyone will now be a Texican.

I feel like we should just go ahead and annex all of Mexico - all the way down to the Mexican southern border. Then there would be no need to draw up more of those pesky territory lines.
Vess Express

by PDad » Wed May 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Vess Express wrote:Expansion just felt like the right thing to do. Being a new country and all, we would need more territory, and resources. I think it would benefit both Texas, and what was formerly known as Mexico. Just think, we could take care of that illegal alien problem! No more probems with Americans and Mexicans, everyone will now be a Texican.

I feel like we should just go ahead and annex all of Mexico - all the way down to the Mexican southern border. Then there would be no need to draw up more of those pesky territory lines.

Oh crap! I thought you'd take care of the Mexican border with militias. If you're going to essentially merge with Mexico, how about this for a flag?

PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Wed May 15, 2013 3:06 pm

How about college athletics? Would the TCAA have all those pesky eligibility and recruiting rules like the NCAA? Would you still be able to hold the Red River Shootout?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Vess Express » Thu May 16, 2013 10:02 am

That’s a pretty good flag. I may need to get some t-shirts made up.

Our militia will be ready for the drug lords and the criminals. Our household has 2 shotguns, 1 rifle, and 1 pistol – not uncommon for most of small town Texas. So, the militia is pretty much in place already. (It’s amazing we haven’t all shot each other yet, isn’t it? According to some of the media, if you own a weapon, you will use it at the drop of a hat)

You should be the official TCAA director. You’re very good at looking up and interpreting the rules, and our national sport will need that.

My gun has killed fewer people than Ted Kennedy’s car
Vess Express

by taking2 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:34 pm

[quote="justawatcher"]Tommy has always been about money. AFA to IFA to VTD. It's all the same. Most of you youngin's probably don't remember when Wayne booted him from AFA for screaming racial slurs at little kids. Real standup guy.

Dave - Thanks for your unbiased opinion. ASA is not in it for the money at all. ;)
taking2

by PDad » Thu May 16, 2013 3:23 pm

Vess Express wrote:... our national sport will need that.

Football, right? Friday Night Lights and all that... 8-)

My gun has killed fewer people than Ted Kennedy’s car

I thought this was your new signature line until I replied and it came up with the rest of your post...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Fri May 17, 2013 10:03 am

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:... HOF is mainly a regional tourney for OK/TX teams. 8-) That regional tourney 4th place finisher finished 2nd at PGF 2 years ago. Remember?... :lol: Glory obviously played better in SoCal than OKC - as do many teams. 8-)LOL...Yeah it took the dirty beaches of SoCal to bring out their potential. Poleeease :lol: Do you remember the 5th and 7th place finishers at PGF 16U finished 9th at 18G the week before?It's obvious they played much better at 18G than PGF 16U. :lol: :o

Battle wrote: For 16s,I have already said that I think it is a mistake for ASA to hold anything in Cali. So you think ASA should take their ball and go home kicking a can? :lol: It was a long overdue reform that came about because of PGF Wrong. It was on the table before PGF as you know it. Quit being so conceited. :lol: I only know they passed it late 2010 for 2011. Prove it was in the works before PGF. If so, under the table is more like it when it comes to ASA awarding Nats. :lol: Versus PGF invites of all the undeserving Cali teams and suckering all the other states to support their National. :mrgreen:

As far as I know, the cost of PGF 18s is $1,700 per the OP in the other thread. PGF includes free parking, free entry (no gate fee) and you can bring in your cooler loaded with food and beverages. ASA 18G is $1,200 this year and also includes free parking and entry (no gate fee). They are not allowing outside food or beverages, so concessions will quickly eat up the price difference. Why would you want to take food in? You can leave when you want and get some real food. C'mon that argument is ridiculous and always has been. Just the typical water, drinks, fruit and snacks that people like to bring in is enough.Still a ridiculous argument. A small price to pay for a real National feel.

I think the age groups and regionals they've added would allow them to keep their hold on the fields.

They had better keep the hold on the fields and stay where they are. ASA approves this message.

Don't be ridiculous - we know your message wasn't approved. ASA doesn't do anything that quickly. :lol: Will ASA still allow teams from Texas after y'all secede? :P

Texas has as much of a chance to secede as Cali does of falling in the ocean. So we don't have to worry about that. We just want our gold back! :D Thanks for your concern though. Of course ASA will allow teams from Texas. Cali on the other hand, not so much. I have to say, PGF has balls to go head to head with ASA. Problem is they probably have " ASA Approved" stamped on them. :lol: :lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

Previous

Return to TX