Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

IFA/VTD...Coaches need to read between the lines

by pbj2000 » Wed May 08, 2013 10:52 am

Wow IFA/VTD has undergone some significant changes over the past 4 - 5 months in leadership. So for everyone who used to support IFA/VTD I wonder if you still do.

This just in...this just in...the Qualifiers mean absolutely NOTHING...quit playing them, quit paying them...if you haven't noticed the Qualifiers are typically 50 - 60 more with less games. All the coaches did it because it was a "Qualifier"...well not anymore. Per IFA/VTD breaking news:
"State Tournament as it will be the ONLY guaranteed road to our Championship Events. Other options are only available IF there are slots open after the State options are depleted." "Teams participating in an IFA/VTD State Tournament will automatically become World Series Qualified." Last one "If, after the state tournament is completed and the maximum number of slots are not filled by criteria’s #1 & #2, IFA/VTD will Offer “Qualified Teams (from IFA/VTD qualifiers won during the current season) that did not play in the IFA/VTD State Tournament a Championship Bid (currently World Series)based on ascending points (highest to lowest) until all slots are filled"

So what this means in coaches terms...
Play the Texas State VTD Championship and receive an AUTOMATIC birth to World Series. But just know they are only taking a certain # of teams in the World Series...so if the Texas State VTD Championship fills up AND all the teams that played in it accept the birth to the World Series then all you teams out there that have qualified by actually WINNING a qualifier...well too bad...so sorry.

IFA/VTD is under new leadership Tommy Voss and this new breaking news is ridiculous to say the least...

Could have a positive impact on ASA as they are already starting to get some of the ballparks back in North Texas...yikes!

I'm out!
Peanut Butter and Jelly baby
pbj2000

by DOG310 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:36 am

Guess the old Bait and Switch is still alive and well. ASA does seem to be making somewhat of a comeback int the DFW area.

Will UNO let Joe.. err J_O_E out of the cornfield for this???
DOG310

by justawatcher » Wed May 08, 2013 11:41 am

Tommy has always been about money. AFA to IFA to VTD. It's all the same. Most of you youngin's probably don't remember when Wayne booted him from AFA for screaming racial slurs at little kids. Real standup guy.

I second bringing back Joe! :P
justawatcher

by TD ROCK » Thu May 09, 2013 9:43 am

The old Leadership went to USSSA. http://usssatexas.net/. Many of the same parks that ran VTD will run USSSA starting this fall. Take a look

We have a State Tournament at Huber Ranch July 19th-21st 16u/18u and Taylor Texas is doing the State Tournament for 10u-14u the same dates.

18u Link http://www.usssa.com/sports/Tournament3 ... tID=977991
14u Link http://www.usssa.com/sports/Tournament3 ... tID=979299

We are taking care of teams 2013 and 2014 Registration if you play in this event. You can contact me at TDfastpitch@gmail.com with any questions.
TD ROCK

by centexfastpitch » Thu May 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Too many sanctioning bodies. ASA, Premier, VTD, USSSA, USFA and Triple Crown moving into Texas. Something has to give and the top 2-3 need to consume the rest, at least in girls fastpitch.
centexfastpitch

by Battle » Fri May 10, 2013 9:12 am

centexfastpitch wrote:Too many sanctioning bodies. ASA, Premier, VTD, USSSA, USFA and Triple Crown moving into Texas. Something has to give and the top 2-3 need to consume the rest, at least in girls fastpitch.

It's pretty simple. If you want to play the best in the US as a whole, you play ASA. If you want to play the best of the west, you spend a fortune and play PGF.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by pbj2000 » Fri May 10, 2013 8:14 pm

centexfastpitch wrote:Too many sanctioning bodies. ASA, Premier, VTD, USSSA, USFA and Triple Crown moving into Texas. Something has to give and the top 2-3 need to consume the rest, at least in girls fastpitch.

I agree...I think the leadership leaving VTD means the end of VTD this year...now the question is...who is going to fill that gap in North Texas. I bet it gets cut throat for next year...
Peanut Butter and Jelly baby
pbj2000

by Battle » Fri May 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Battle wrote:

It's pretty simple. If you want to play the rest in the US as a whole, you play ASA. If you want to play the best in fastpitch on the west coast, you spend a fortune and play PGF.

There, i fixed it for you. Yes you did but must have missed your keys...Much better.
Keep preaching because it is so much cheaper to go to the out of the way places ASA chooses for Nats as opposed to traveling to SoCal. :roll:
I haven't talked to anyone attending PGF that didn't spend twice of what we spent at ASA nats. Maybe you have but I doubt it.
I sure miss those 1am games due to rain delays though :lol:
If the weather is such a factor for you, you might want to re-think the whole NCAA thing. :lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by PDad » Sat May 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Battle wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:Keep preaching because it is so much cheaper to go to the out of the way places ASA chooses for Nats as opposed to traveling to SoCal. :roll:
I haven't talked to anyone attending PGF that didn't spend twice of what we spent at ASA nats. Maybe you have but I doubt it.

You must be comparing driving to ASA (e.g. Midland or OKC) versus flying to SoCal. :roll: There is no way that happens this year with 16U in NorCal and 18G in Florida.

All the TX and OK folks I met the last 2 years were extremely happy they weren't in Midland or Montgomery. :D
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sun May 12, 2013 1:18 pm

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:Keep preaching because it is so much cheaper to go to the out of the way places ASA chooses for Nats as opposed to traveling to SoCal. :roll:

You must be comparing driving to ASA (e.g. Midland or OKC) versus flying to SoCal. :roll: There is no way that happens this year with 16U in NorCal and 18G in Florida.

All the TX and OK folks I met the last 2 years were extremely happy they weren't in Midland or Montgomery. :D

Of course they are going to say that. You don't spend that kind of money and say otherwise. Besides, how many TX and OK folks have you met and had this discussion? It's probably more than me... :roll:

Before the PGFers took their ball and went home kicking a can, I thought ASA should hold more Nationals closer to Cali but now I think it's a mistake. They should let that be PGF land and let it be. I have no problem with that and ASA shouldn't either. People will get tired of traveling to one spot every year. When my kid was young, we would go to Florida every year for USFA WS. It was great the first time, pretty good the second time and then it just got old. We had a great time everytime we went. Bobby always did a great job with it.

PGFers want to see the dimise of ASA so bad that they will do or say anything. So bad that when some of you list sanctions in order, ASA is toward the bottom of the list. I have to laugh everytime I see it because it is so ridiculous. Like it or not, ASA is still a top event and there's really nothing that you or anyone else can do about it. There will be a lot of college coaches and there will be a lot of kids recruited from that event. PGF or not.

I wonder if there are any talks about ASA giving a free (as in $$$) pass to the top teams from last year ASA Nationals? Hmmm... 8-)
Battle

Next

Return to TX