Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

web template for softball players

by sittingonabucket » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:15 am

hi guys.

just thought i'd stick this up here. we put together a web template for my daughter so she would have something to communicate with colleges.

I stuck it up in the google templates. Feel free to use it, or not. Just thought it might help someone. it's free to download and you can change the pictures and words to suit your daughter.

the way it works is you set up a gmail account and then go to sites.google and download the template and change whatever you want.

if you go to the google search engine and type in "google softball pitcher template", it will show up as the first item. There's another really good one that's about 3 items down by Sarah Chow.

Just trying to help. If you don't like it, or if there's something about my daughter you don't like, I'd appreciate it if you'd keep your comments to yourself. we're just trying to help. We've had challenges finding a way to keep track of data and convey it in a professional manner.

b
sittingonabucket

by fastpitchforever » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:38 am

These are great! Sure could have used them 2 years ago.
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sittingonabucket » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:12 pm

thanks.

I'd be happy to make a "non-pitcher" template if someone would look at the "combine" page and tell me what measurables should be on there and I'd stick that in the google templates as well.

or if someone else wants to do it, it would be great if they would make it a public template.
sittingonabucket

by justawatcher » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:33 pm

At the very least, at least everyone now has the precise formula on how to get your DD to pitch exactly the pitch they want. Good information for anyone playing Pearce next year, thanks.
justawatcher

by sittingonabucket » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:35 pm

No problem Justawatcher. We take all comers. It's still played on the diamond.

geez. you try and help some people and you get guys like you. Probably a Southlake guy is my guess
sittingonabucket

by justawatcher » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:37 pm

sittingonabucket wrote:No problem Justawatcher. We take all comers. It's still played on the diamond.

geez. you try and help some people and you get guys like you. Probably a Southlake guy is my guess

Relax bucket. It's called a joke. Trust me, no one is rushing to your site to figure out how to beat Pearce.

Interesting you chose Southlake :roll:
justawatcher

by fanofgame » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:56 am

I think the template is nice piece of introduction info. However, stats aren't gonna mean very much. I have talked to many that do the recruiting and they don't even look. They know how much fluff could be in there, so it doesn't really matter to them. It's what they see with their eyes and a lot of times it's the intangibles. I had 1 major D1 tell me he/she watches how they react and treat their parents after the game. You just never know who's watching and where. Sorry I rattled on, but it is sooooooo much more than about stats so I wouldn't get caught up in them.
fanofgame

by sittingonabucket » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:51 am

thanks.

i'll be the first to admit, I know nothing about softball other than spending money, sitting on a bucket, and enjoying my time with my daughter.

I just put all that on there so I can keep up with it and it's fun for us. Heck, I don't even know what most of those stats mean.

If you pull the template down, it's pretty easy to delete stats, change pages, etc.

thanks again. It's just kind of fun to do. Plus, since we play 14,16 and 18U, I like to separate the stats as I'm sure they will get progressively worse this summer as we move up. I wanted to remind her she's not too bad against kids her own age.

I'll separate the High School stats from the Travel Ball stats next year as it's kind of the same thing.

thanks again.
sittingonabucket

Return to TX