Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Texas Challenge Series & ASA/USA Qualifier

by taking2 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:17 am

Anyone have any updates on the pitcher from USA Y2k who got hit in the face?

I heard it was gruesome, I am hoping she is ok.

Is it true the team tried to re-enter her into the game?!?!?
taking2

by softballmom723 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Yes they tried to re-enter her. Blue asked her if she was being forced to play (which they are supposed to do) and that set dad off. Her dad was kicked out of the game and actually the blue called BALL GAME because the dad started yelling and things got out of hand. They called the UIC out and calmed things down and finished the game.

My honest opinion as a mother/parent/coach - if a girl got hit in the face like what I saw, and she is sitting in the stands with ice on her face - she needs to be at a dr making sure everything is OK (nose broken? concussion? face fracture?).
softballmom723

by taking2 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:50 am

softballmom723 wrote:Yes they tried to re-enter her. Blue asked her if she was being forced to play (which they are supposed to do) and that set dad off. Her dad was kicked out of the game and actually the blue called BALL GAME because the dad started yelling and things got out of hand. They called the UIC out and calmed things down and finished the game.

My honest opinion as a mother/parent/coach - if a girl got hit in the face like what I saw, and she is sitting in the stands with ice on her face - she needs to be at a dr making sure everything is OK (nose broken? concussion? face fracture?).

Sounds like this pitcher would be better off if you were her Mom. What is wrong with these parents and what kind of coach would agree to let the young lady go back into the game after suffering a head injury?

I hope she is doing well and there are no complications during her recovery.
taking2

by DP3816 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:58 am

taking2 wrote:
softballmom723 wrote:Yes they tried to re-enter her. Blue asked her if she was being forced to play (which they are supposed to do) and that set dad off. Her dad was kicked out of the game and actually the blue called BALL GAME because the dad started yelling and things got out of hand. They called the UIC out and calmed things down and finished the game.

Sounds like this pitcher would be better off if you were her Mom. What is wrong with these parents and what kind of coach would agree to let the young lady go back into the game after suffering a head injury?

I hope she is doing well and there are no complications during her recovery.

Dear God on high, please protect these children from their parents and coaches. Amen.
DP3816

by AE_Y2K » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:13 am

I can give all the contact info for this player, her parents or her coach if you'd like to discuss the truths of the matter. Otherwise this is all based of hear say. Yes she was hit, which is about the only portion of these post that are accurate.
AE_Y2K

by Dadoftwo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:34 pm

AE_Y2K wrote:I can give all the contact info for this player, her parents or her coach if you'd like to discuss the truths of the matter. Otherwise this is all based of hear say. Yes she was hit, which is about the only portion of these post that are accurate.

I'd have to respectfully disagree. As a attendee of the park that day. (For 10u). I would say that explanation of the situation is pretty accurate. Lets just emotions were high.
Dadoftwo

by taking2 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:25 am

AE_Y2K wrote:I can give all the contact info for this player, her parents or her coach if you'd like to discuss the truths of the matter. Otherwise this is all based of hear say. Yes she was hit, which is about the only portion of these post that are accurate.

Would any one like to provide an update on the health of the pitcher?

The quote above looks/sounds like the coach of the team defending his actions and the actions of the parents who were so well behaved the blue felt it necessary to call the game. No mention of the girl and how she might be doing in the post. Just deflection of the "hear say" facts.

The girls on this team deserve more responsible coaching. They should not be allowed to continue coaching tournament ball. ASA / TD should really look into their decision making in this matter.
taking2

by allwedoisgo » Sun May 12, 2013 8:37 pm

Congrats to 98 Firecrackers 1st and Texas Blaze Ham 2nd. In third
leg 14u
allwedoisgo

Previous

Return to TX