Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Texas College Softball Opening Weekend

by DonnieS » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:55 pm

fastpitchforever wrote:
DonnieS wrote:
fastpitchforever wrote:Ya, she speaks with a twang now. Anyhow Uno, let me help you:
http://www.uclabruins.com/sports/w-soft ... 13aac.html

I don't think so - the day MD says "Yall " I hope someone gets it on video.

What about "Howdy"?

Actually that's required up there, whether you care or not.

edited to add: By that I mean, you are almost required to say "Howdy" even if you feel like saying "Up yours".
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchforever » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:17 pm

DonnieS wrote:
fastpitchforever wrote:
DonnieS wrote:
fastpitchforever wrote:Ya, she speaks with a twang now. Anyhow Uno, let me help you:
http://www.uclabruins.com/sports/w-soft ... 13aac.html

I don't think so - the day MD says "Yall " I hope someone gets it on video.

What about "Howdy"?

Actually that's required up there, whether you care or not.

edited to add: By that I mean, you are almost required to say "Howdy" even if you feel like saying "Up yours".

Gross. Anyway, a ton of HR's hit in that game. Lanphear, May and Morgan, its going to be a bad year for the opposing pitchers.
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by softballfan33 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:55 am

just4fun wrote:
TMOTTBG wrote:Texas State went 0-5 over the weekend. Holy smokes! Of course, missing 7 players probably had a lot to do with it: especially, the starting SS and 2B. Media reports that Coach suspended the players--two indefinitely. It's been reported that the suspensions weren't due to violations of university or departmental policies but, rather, an issue between a player and coach. Something ain't right. What's going on in Bobcat land?

Bobcats did well when they rode Hall's coat tails for 4 years, it will be rough now that she's gone.

Yep. Rode Blake then Hall, before that Trahan and Neuerburg. They have always had stout pitching. Their pitching isn't at that level this year. They will have to do it with hitting/defense and if rumor is correct, they have taken a huge hit in both departments. If some of those kids don't return, it will be a very rough year for the maroon and gold.....
softballfan33

by Unforgiven » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:10 pm

Any word yet about who won't be returning for TxState.
Unforgiven

by TMOTTBG » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Info: did you mean to imply something by linking to the statesman article?
TMOTTBG

by just4fun » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:02 pm

softballfan33 wrote:
just4fun wrote:
TMOTTBG wrote:Texas State went 0-5 over the weekend. Holy smokes! Of course, missing 7 players probably had a lot to do with it: especially, the starting SS and 2B. Media reports that Coach suspended the players--two indefinitely. It's been reported that the suspensions weren't due to violations of university or departmental policies but, rather, an issue between a player and coach. Something ain't right. What's going on in Bobcat land?

Bobcats did well when they rode Hall's coat tails for 4 years, it will be rough now that she's gone.

Yep. Rode Blake then Hall, before that Trahan and Neuerburg. They have always had stout pitching. Their pitching isn't at that level this year. They will have to do it with hitting/defense and if rumor is correct, they have taken a huge hit in both departments. If some of those kids don't return, it will be a very rough year for the maroon and gold.....

Appears 2 may not be back (one lead the team last year in runs, hits, and RBIs), other 5 will return next game. Unfortunate for all involved.

Two articles below may help figure out what happened and who was involved.
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/209608 ... austin-man
http://star.txstate.edu/node/6621
just4fun

by catcherdad » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Many of us in Centex have heard a little about this and as always in cases involving students and individuals under 21 you will rarely know the whole story. We should know this weekend who shows up for Texas State and that is about the only certain thing we will know. I hope we dont get any speculation here as many times players coaches parents and lawyers need time to sort things out.

Donnie, are you coming up to Austin to see HB play in the near future. Looking forward to seeing Texas struggle with some pitching and batting. I like Texas normally, but not when players I have watched for years come to town.
catcherdad

by TMOTTBG » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:41 am

Agree with Catcherdad- speculation is no good. I hope everything works out alright for everybody involved. Nuff said.
TMOTTBG

by just4fun » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:15 pm

TMOTTBG wrote:Agree with Catcherdad- speculation is no good. I hope everything works out alright for everybody involved. Nuff said.

This isn't speculation, it's straight from the article.

“We have two that we let go and five that we suspended for the weekend,” Woodard said.
just4fun

by DonnieS » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:33 pm

catcherdad wrote:Many of us in Centex have heard a little about this and as always in cases involving students and individuals under 21 you will rarely know the whole story. We should know this weekend who shows up for Texas State and that is about the only certain thing we will know. I hope we dont get any speculation here as many times players coaches parents and lawyers need time to sort things out.

Donnie, are you coming up to Austin to see HB play in the near future. Looking forward to seeing Texas struggle with some pitching and batting. I like Texas normally, but not when players I have watched for years come to town.

CD, we plan on being there Wednesday. In Lake Charles this weekend for DD2's first college ball and DD1's return to college ball. Love the food up here - if i lived here, I would be fatter than I am , if thats possible.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to TX