Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

PGF vs ASA

by softballdaddi » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:38 pm

Which Nationals have the most clout or has the strongest teams in the country show up? Opinions wanted here. No bashing! Opinions are like bung holes, everyone has one and everyone thinks everyone elses stinks!
softballdaddi

by Battle » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:41 pm

softballdaddi wrote:Which Nationals have the most clout or has the strongest teams in the country show up? Opinions wanted here. No bashing! Opinions are like bung holes, everyone has one and everyone thinks everyone elses stinks!

ASA has the most clout hands down. No one has done more for girls fastpitch than ASA.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:06 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Battle wrote:
softballdaddi wrote:Which Nationals have the most clout or has the strongest teams in the country show up? Opinions wanted here. No bashing! Opinions are like bung holes, everyone has one and everyone thinks everyone elses stinks!

ASA has the most clout hands down..

You just keep preaching brother Battle. Even Jim Jones had faithful followers. :D

Not preaching, just giving an opinion like the OP asked right before he bashed opinions. :?: :lol:

By the way, Jim Jones was crazy but he didn't go butt crazy until he moved to Cali. ;) :)
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Kool-Aid » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Battle wrote:

ASA has the most clout hands down. No one has done more for girls fastpitch than ASA.

Freakin ASA was a blessing, I was able to get a geographical freakin edumafacation in a few short years of where i will NEVER EVER go again, thanks ASA!!!
Kool-Aid

by Battle » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:28 pm

Kool-Aid wrote:
Battle wrote:

Freakin ASA was a blessing, I was able to get a geographical freakin edumafacation in a few short years of where i will NEVER EVER go again, thanks ASA!!!

I'm sure ASA will miss you in Cali or Florida this year. :lol: :lol:
Battle

by TexasYellowBall » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:31 pm

Stop the insanity.......Go read the million other posts on HB alone or just go where you want to go.
TexasYellowBall

by iceberg » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:52 am

Battle wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
Battle wrote:

ASA has the most clout hands down..

You just keep preaching brother Battle. Even Jim Jones had faithful followers. :D

Not preaching, just giving an opinion like the OP asked right before he bashed opinions. :?: :lol:

By the way, Jim Jones was crazy but he didn't go butt crazy until he moved to Cali. ;) :)

That's a good chuckle... lol
iceberg

by iceberg » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:57 am

bigbaddude wrote:I heard triple crown will be the new big dog! Is that true?

Triple Crown is overpriced, watered down, and a joke. They are spending big money to take over some of the bigger tournaments but the fees will run off many of the top teams so they will lose support. In my opinion, they ruined a Arizona Showcase associated with the Allister Camp.

- raised the rent.
- spread it out all over the city making difficult for college coaches to watch games.
- scheduled some high profile teams very late at night
- etc....We went there 2 years in a row and our team will not be going this year....

My opinion is PGF because of the Cali talent. ASA is "good" but many teams use it as a second option if they can't qualify for PGF. At the 16U PGF last year, I saw HEAD COACHES from 8 of the top 10 finisher in college softball watching the games from sun-up to sun-down....
iceberg

by softballdaddi » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:07 am

iceberg wrote:
bigbaddude wrote:I heard triple crown will be the new big dog! Is that true?

Triple Crown is overpriced, watered down, and a joke. They are spending big money to take over some of the bigger tournaments but the fees will run off many of the top teams so they will lose support. In my opinion, they ruined a Arizona Showcase associated with the Allister Camp.

- raised the rent.
- spread it out all over the city making difficult for college coaches to watch games.
- scheduled some high profile teams very late at night
- etc....We went there 2 years in a row and our team will not be going this year....

My opinion is PGF because of the Cali talent. ASA is "good" but many teams use it as a second option if they can't qualify for PGF. At the 16U PGF last year, I saw HEAD COACHES from 8 of the top 10 finisher in college softball watching the games from sun-up to sun-down....

TCS, I didn't think of TCS. Don't think that their qualifier system is robust. Saw tons of teams that made it and scratched my head. The only thing that elevated their stature was that the PGF and ASA Cali qualifier teams decided to attend as a warm up. I do think their decision to host 14U in San Diego was awesome.
softballdaddi

by doittoit » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:19 pm

Thought this would be a good subject to bring up now that ASA is going to go head to head with PFG.

Your thoughts?
doittoit

Next

Return to TX