Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Texas High School 4A Softball

by cuzmail » Sun May 19, 2013 7:23 am

fastpitchforever wrote:So who is the favorite between RP and Foster?

Don't know a lot about Foster this year.

I do know that if #1 and #2 are on, then it will be tough for Foster. They are more like #1A and #1B.

RP has decent bats, but the big hitters have been silent lately. If the big hitters decide to show up and the pitching stays hot, then RP will be hard to beat.
There's one in every crowd!
cuzmail

by TexasYellowBall » Sun May 19, 2013 6:57 pm

DonnieS wrote:
TexasYellowBall wrote:
DonnieS wrote:
TexasYellowBall wrote:Any information on Foster vs Elgin? Hays vs Moody? Any big time players to go watch in either of these games. College season over and not sure what either teams have and want to try to catch a few games before state....

I haven't seen Moody play this year but they are always well coached and can usually hit the ball pretty well. Their weakness this year would be lack of competition, lots of run rule games, though they go play with the big dogs in pre-season tournaments.

You were right....Moody is just a few players away...They have a SS (don't know her name) that can hit very well and has a great glove. Their #3 batter was also impressive.

BTW....congrats to your daughters this season, I got to watch them during a series and really enjoyed the way they played.

Thanks - the Moody coach's brothers were my kids hitting instructors since they were 10 or so. Who are you going to go watch next ?

The Foster vs RP might be the game to see. . . . I am also curious about Leander since they have struggled for the past 4 years. Looking forward to the State tourney.
TexasYellowBall

by cuzmail » Mon May 20, 2013 10:24 am

If you want to see Ridge Point and Foster (v2) play see below. Hopefully this year there won't be a tornado sighting like last year.

Panther Softball

This just in.

Round 5 vs Foster

1 Game Only

Played at University of Houston
Saturday, 1:00 pm
cuzmail

by Lunatic Fringe » Sat May 25, 2013 11:06 am

Both Ridge Point and Foster has skills. Would be a good game to see
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by cuzmail » Sat May 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Ridge Point is out.
Foster 5 Ridge Point 2
cuzmail

by TexasYellowBall » Sat May 25, 2013 6:41 pm

Leander out.....Hays In
TexasYellowBall

by fastpitchforever » Mon May 27, 2013 12:20 pm

Listed in order of seeding for 4A Finals:
Aledo
Richmond Foster
Lucas Lovejoy
Buda Hays

Any theories on the winner?
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TexasYellowBall » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:10 pm

The State tournament this year was pretty wild. . . .

IMO this year was not typical of years past. In many past years the dominant teams were obvious and the games were uneventful.

This year Foster and Lovejoy fought it out in extra innings as many people thought this was the game for the title in 4A..Lovejoy pulled it out.

LaGrange...LG...LG...LG.....Lost in the semi's and proving that it does not matter who you are and the reason why you still have to play the games. I am not saying it was an upset because I do not want to take away from Mineola's impressive win. BUT...

Hays was to "belle of the diamond"...They shocked the teams and the crowds. Hays is why you play the game on the field. They did an amazing job..

The 5A game was solid and ended in some excitement.

Winners:
1A Champs - Weimar - 4th State Title
2A Champs - Pilot Point
3A Champs - Lufkin Hudson - Back to Back Champions
4A Champs - Hays
5A Champs - Lewisville
TexasYellowBall

by txfastptchcoach » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:36 am

Congrats to Foster and Ridge Point on a GREAT run in the playoffs!!! Have fun and stay healthy this Summer on your run to Nationals.
txfastptchcoach

by akks1382 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:27 am

Can anyone give me insight to the softball programs at Tomball, Magnolia, Magnolia West, & Waller? Will be moving in the area soon & just want get a bit a knowledge to consider before deciding on a school. While I am aware the high school ball is not necessarily a "big thing" anymore in regards to scouting for college, I don't want her experience with it to just be awful. (I already have my info on the academics side of it & am taking my time to make the right choice for my family) TIA
akks1382

PreviousNext

Return to TX