Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Texas High School 4A Softball

by ddtx » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:21 pm

Waller doesn't have a lot of talent in the school. I don't think they have ever qualified for the playoffs. Tomball has a long history but took a hit in talent because of the opening of Tomball Memorial as well as graduating 14 seniors. They finished 3rd in their new 4A district. Magnolia and Magnolia West have pretty good programs. Magnolia has a long history of competing in the playoffs but missed the playoffs for the first time this year under Coach Bialas. They tied for 4th and lost a tie breaker to Magnolia West. Magnolia West is a very young team and has a stud pitcher coming in as a freshman this year. They should be strong again.
ddtx

by wildcatdad » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:39 am

Tomball and Tomball Memorial both win in Bi District playoffs. Tomball KO'ed by Santa Fe and Tomball Memorial KO'ed by strong Foster Team (State Tournament Semi Finalist) in Area Rounds. TM will have its first senior class this next year. They finished 2nd in their district and Tomball finished 3rd. Both Programs young but competitive. I would give TM the advantage next season as they have strong pitching and their lineup is potent from top to bottom. Several Key positions will be filled by TM this next season. Both schools have D1 commitments. JMO

Not sure about the other 3 schools, but word has it that there are some issues at Magnolia West. Heard coaching cost them games this year, especially in the playoffs. Mognolia not nearly as strong as they have been in the past. Waller has a couple of players, but just not the overall talent.
wildcatdad

by akks1382 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:41 am

Thank you both for the input. That at least lets me know that Waller is out. DD would not be happy & would end up playing "down" as she is afraid of hurting someone. (Irrational to my way of thinking, but I'm sure you know how it is trying to convince a teen of that) I have been told that there were coaching issues at West, along with lots of drama. Can anyone confirm? So that still leaves me tossing up between Magnolia & Tomball. Not sure anyone can answer on here, but by chance, does anyone know which school has the better AG program as well as AP/Dual Credit classes?
akks1382

by wildcatdad » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:09 am

akks1382 wrote:Thank yoth for the input. That at least lets me know that Waller is out. DD would not be happy & would end up playing "down" as she is afraid of hurting someone. (Irrational to my way of thinking, but I'm sure you know how it is trying to convince a teen of that) I have been told that there were coaching issues at West, along with lots of drama. Can anyone confirm? So that still leaves me tossing up between Magnolia & Tomball. Not sure anyone can answer on here, but by chance, does anyone know which school has the better AG program as well as AP/Dual Credit classes?

Knowing a girl that plays at West, Parent said some are asking for the coaches resignation or firing. Apparently it was that bad.

My DD attended Tomball Freshman year, she says Academics much tougher at new school. Kids that where in top 10% at Tomball, no longer in Top 10% at Tomball Memorial. She says AP classes much harder. Couldn't tell you about the AG programs, but do know that Tomball and TM share a barn at the new High School.
wildcatdad

by akks1382 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:44 am

Thank you! Will do some more investigating to see what I can find out before making a final choice. The AG program is going to be important to her as she plans to go for a career in that field eventually. Dual Credit/AP are as well so that is good to know about TM.

Knowing a girl that plays at West, Parent said some are asking for the coaches resignation or firing. Apparently it was that bad.

My DD attended Tomball Freshman year, she says Academics much tougher at new school. Kids that where in top 10% at Tomball, no longer in Top 10% at Tomball Memorial. She says AP classes much harder. Couldn't tell you about the AG programs, but do know that Tomball and TM share a barn at the new High School.[/quote]
akks1382

by 96Attitude » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:41 pm

West had a ton of injuries early and late. Started 2 freshman, 6 sophomores, 1 junior. No drama, coaches do their jobs. They were not picked to make the playoffs, they did again because of the coaching. Say what you will but no high school coach will ever go through a year and have to make decisions that try to please everyone, West coaches no different. Should be State contenders next two years but are in one of the toughest districts in the state.
96Attitude
Premium Member
Premium Member

by akks1382 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:10 am

Are you referring to those starting as on V or JV? The drama I was told about was JV. Personally, not asking/looking for a coach that has a "please everyone" attitude because that does no favors for anyone. Want good coaching & for her high school experience to be worth the time she will invest, otherwise, we will stick with TB. (granted, there is a whole lot of explanation behind that statement that I will not get into here) In your opinion, why is this district one of the toughest in the state?

96Attitude wrote:West had a ton of injuries early and late. Started 2 freshman, 6 sophomores, 1 junior. No drama, coaches do their jobs. They were not picked to make the playoffs, they did again because of the coaching. Say what you will but no high school coach will ever go through a year and have to make decisions that try to please everyone, West coaches no different. Should be State contenders next two years but are in one of the toughest districts in the state.
akks1382

by 96Attitude » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:51 pm

If there was JV drama it never entered the dugout on Varsity. Magnolia, West, Montgomery, Brenham, Huntsville, and even Waller are tough opponents and can if you let your guard down can come out a winner. Playing each team twice can make for a long season and tough district.
96Attitude
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam the Sham » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:59 am

If you are looking for the best coaching and the best high school teams in that area, you should be looking at The Woodlands first. The entire program is first class, and the coach is one of the best in the state in my opinion.

They have won that district 5 or 6 straight seasons and in the last 3 seasons they have a state title and been to the regional finals twice.

I know they are 5A, but they are head and shoulders the best in the north.
Sam the Sham

by akks1382 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:49 am

Thanks for your input. Woodlands is not in our consideration due to other reasons. Otherwise, there would be no option, that is who we would go with.

Sam the Sham wrote:If you are looking for the best coaching and the best high school teams in that area, you should be looking at The Woodlands first. The entire program is first class, and the coach is one of the best in the state in my opinion.

They have won that district 5 or 6 straight seasons and in the last 3 seasons they have a state title and been to the regional finals twice.

I know they are 5A, but they are head and shoulders the best in the north.
akks1382

PreviousNext

Return to TX