Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Texas High School 4A Softball

by akks1382 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:54 am

Brenham,Montgomery, & Huntsville are out for us as they are too far from the area I need to stay in. So that leaves Waller, Magnolia, Mag West, & Tomball. Out of those, which has the better program in your opinion & why?

96Attitude wrote:If there was JV drama it never entered the dugout on Varsity. Magnolia, West, Montgomery, Brenham, Huntsville, and even Waller are tough opponents and can if you let your guard down can come out a winner. Playing each team twice can make for a long season and tough district.
akks1382

by sward » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:25 am

I would pick Tomball Memorial or Tomball as her education will matter more in life than softball will. My nephew will be part of the 1st class at Memorial so I might be a bit biased though.
sward

by akks1382 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:10 am

We are already considering the education part for various reason (as she is not my only child) & what will be best for my family. I am simply asking about their softball programs so that I can factor that into our considerations as well. She will be in AP/Dual credit classes as is (no matter which school we choose), but here is not the place for that discussion. Thank you though for your input. :)

sward wrote:I would pick Tomball Memorial or Tomball as her education will matter more in life than softball will. My nephew will be part of the 1st class at Memorial so I might be a bit biased though.
akks1382

by fastpitchforever » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:17 am

My opinion is play 5A if you can, idiot news media in Houston thinks there is no talent beyond that (which really only becomes important for your recruiting, but pisses me off regardless). But if you must play 4A, I saw Tomball Memorial in the playoffs, and was impressed by the coach and the kids.
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by badlyalan » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:57 pm

With the growth rate in Tomball it is very possible that both Tomball and Tomball Memorial will be 5A (or 6A as it will be) at some point in the near future. Tomball is not too far from it with the current alignment and Memorial High is an atractive school to raise kids so I could see them picking up 500 plus in the next 5-10 years.

As far as the softball goes, that group listed above in Magnolia, Brenham, Mag West, Huntsville and Montgomery can lay claim to being one of if not the best district in the region because they have represented the region 6 times at state since the turn of the century with 20-4A next at 5 times. Of late the southern Houston group (Foster, Santa Fe and Angleton) have come on.

Good Luck with the selection...Hope we could help you.
badlyalan

Previous

Return to TX