Bombers Shootout Tournament

by You don't say » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:46 am

hitforpower wrote:
My Take wrote:dont get to excited you won't be seeing much from those teams

Why do you say that???

lets just say just because they from cali doesnt make them good
You don't say

by MavFan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:52 am

softballdaddi wrote:I predict the Cali teams go 1 and 2 in the tournament.

Here is the deal. If you look at the PGF qualifiers, AZ has 3 slots to give. Tournament time comes around we get greater than 20 cali teams and all of the AZ teams here to try and qualify for the 3 slots. The numbers suck.... Most AZ teams have to travel to other states to qualify. We did that last year. We went to texas which had four slots last year. Quess who took the slots, the only 2 AZ teams and 2 Cali teams that went to the tournment. We beat out teams from Kansas, Colorado, Texas and Washington. Another Az team traveled to Minnesota to qualify, which they did. Most AZ teams went to Colorado to qualify which they did. Why do Cali/Az do that? Because it is much easier to qualify in states other than their own. The competition is just to hard within their boundaries......

I think there was one Texas team at the Texas PGF 14U qualifier that you attended, please don't come on here and insinuate that you came here and beat a bunch of top Texas teams.

I believe there were 8 or 9 teams in the whole tournament. Wichita Mustangs 14U, Colorado Quicksilver, Washington Ladyhawks, Dallas Firecrackers-Rosales and maybe one more that is escaping me, in addition to the 4 that qualified.
MavFan

by softballdaddi » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:12 am

MavFan wrote:
softballdaddi wrote:I predict the Cali teams go 1 and 2 in the tournament.

Here is the deal. If you look at the PGF qualifiers, AZ has 3 slots to give. Tournament time comes around we get greater than 20 cali teams and all of the AZ teams here to try and qualify for the 3 slots. The numbers suck.... Most AZ teams have to travel to other states to qualify. We did that last year. We went to texas which had four slots last year. Quess who took the slots, the only 2 AZ teams and 2 Cali teams that went to the tournment. We beat out teams from Kansas, Colorado, Texas and Washington. Another Az team traveled to Minnesota to qualify, which they did. Most AZ teams went to Colorado to qualify which they did. Why do Cali/Az do that? Because it is much easier to qualify in states other than their own. The competition is just to hard within their boundaries......

I think there was one Texas team at the Texas PGF 14U qualifier that you attended, please don't come on here and insinuate that you came here and beat a bunch of top Texas teams.

I believe there were 8 or 9 teams in the whole tournament. Wichita Mustangs 14U, Colorado Quicksilver, Washington Ladyhawks, Dallas Firecrackers-Rosales and maybe one more that is escaping me, in addition to the 4 that qualified.

I expect the Corona teams to do well. Why? Because that organization is well known and has that rep. They may or may not be the best in that org, but all teams in that org consistently play at a high level. Look at the PGF results, Cali team records vs other states are off the charts. Numbers don't lie, I am just basing my opinion on the numbers. This year is new maybe the numbers will change this year? Time will tell.......

FYI, qualify now in Texas. Lots of teams here are making plans to travel to Texas again this year to qualify. In fact more teams this year than last year!!!! I expect more than 14 teams from Cali and az to sign up, this year only 3 berths available not 4
softballdaddi

by MavFan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:14 am

The point is that half of the teams that came to the Texas qualifier last year qualified. You made a specific claim about coming to Texas to qualify, and listed 4 other states and said you beat out teams from all four, while true, was a bit misleading because there was only 1 team from each of those states represented and with the exception of maybe the Ladyhawks, not sure the teams that attented were the best from their respective states. You were using that point as a basis for picking the California teams placing 1 and 2 at this event. That fact alone would not be a very strong argument that two teams from California coming all the way to Texas in March would necessarily be 1 and 2 at that event.

Good luck to you and your team.
MavFan

by daddiballa » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:17 am

most of those teams on that list will lose to corona. american freedom and firecrackers will probably beat them unless they have a rough game. those are my picks for the top too.
daddiballa

by daddiballa » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:18 am

my dds team is not playing in the bomber though so it doesnt really matter
daddiballa

by justawatcher » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:06 am

daddiballa wrote:my dds team is not playing in the bomber though so it doesnt really matter

Right. :roll:
justawatcher

by softballdaddi » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:41 am

MavFan wrote:The point is that half of the teams that came to the Texas qualifier last year qualified. You made a specific claim about coming to Texas to qualify, and listed 4 other states and said you beat out teams from all four, while true, was a bit misleading because there was only 1 team from each of those states represented and with the exception of maybe the Ladyhawks, not sure the teams that attented were the best from their respective states. You were using that point as a basis for picking the California teams placing 1 and 2 at this event. That fact alone would not be a very strong argument that two teams from California coming all the way to Texas in March would necessarily be 1 and 2 at that event.

Good luck to you and your team.

I was picking the Cali teams based on the strength of the Organization's teams, Corona ANGELS, as a whole and the record of Cali teams at PGF nationals vs teams from other states.

Good luck to all teams at this qualifier. If you have never been to a PGF national, it is an experience your kid will never forget.
softballdaddi

by Bigballer10 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:27 pm

Have there been any new teams added to the 12u side of the tournament?
Bigballer10

by Softball Papa » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:36 am

Dude, how disrespectful of you for making a statement like that. Im sure they will do well, but to write off every 14U team in Texas is ridiculous. Thats disrespectful to every 14u team in the tourney.

Know what youre talking about before you make statements like this. Do your research.
Last edited by Softball Papa on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Softball Papa

PreviousNext

Return to TX