Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Top 10u teams in Tx

by Cheeseburger » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Cheeseburger wrote:
Gold is a designation that is for teams that qualify for ASA Gold Nationals...not all the young teams that go by the same name. It's tough to qualify for Gold Nationals, so I personally think it's degrading to the process to have these young teams running around with Whatever Gold on their shirts.

Not any more.
16u teams have done it the last few years and teams that were never even on the radar were playing in OKC last year.

You're such a wet blanket. You know what was intended by the statement.
Cheeseburger

by Trophy Hunter » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Cheeseburger wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
Cheeseburger wrote:
Gold is a designation that is for teams that qualify for ASA Gold Nationals...not all the young teams that go by the same name. It's tough to qualify for Gold Nationals, so I personally think it's degrading to the process to have these young teams running around with Whatever Gold on their shirts.

Not any more.
16u teams have done it the last few years and teams that were never even on the radar were playing in OKC last year.

You're such a wet blanket. You know what was intended by the statement.

You said it was tough to qualify for Gold. I disputed your claim. I guess I didn't know what was "intended" by your statement.

I think he meant it would be tough for a 12u team to qualify for Gold Nats, so they haven't earned the "Gold" designation. And that's probably true for most 12u teams. :lol:
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by Battle » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:14 pm

Well if the 10U and 12U Gold teams wants to play PGF 18s or 16s they wouldn't have to worry about qualifying. Just sit at home and wait for their invite. :lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Trophy Hunter » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:37 am

Spazsdad wrote:But this is a 10u thread. :P

Oops. Nevermind. :lol:
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by fastpitchforever » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:53 am

Spazsdad wrote:
Cheeseburger wrote:

Not any more.

I don't agree, its still tough to qualify. In a few select regions, mainly Calif, perhaps PGF has pulled a few top teams out of the qualifiers, but for everyone else not much has changed. I would like to hear your reasoning on why you think its so easy to qualify for ASA Gold nationals these days.
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by LadyStros02Gold » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:31 am

Steelanddiamonds wrote:Who are the top 10u teams in TX in your opinion and why?

USFA Fall State was this past weekend. Order of finish was Texas Glory, Lady Stros, Aces Express.

This tournament was filled with great competition. We didn't play any easy teams during the entire tournament. Both Texas Glory and Lady Stros met each other undefeated and Texas Glory's bats were just on fire. The Lady Stros were knocked down to the looser bracket for 1 game and came back to play Glory again.

Texas Glory is a great team. They have solid pitching and are able to hit long through their entire lineup. While yet this is all nice, I would have to say I am very impressed with their sportsmanship. These girls and coaches are amazing. I have yet to see a team with so much great sportsmanship in a long time. It was a real pleasure playing against them. We just wish they lived closer so we could see them more often.

Spring will be a good test to see these teams in action again.
LadyStros02Gold

by hitforpower » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:45 am

What tournments are big in the Spring?
hitforpower

by atlrangers » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:15 pm

What is your guess for a National 10u rank. Using your boards here is what I rank. I hope to see all these teams in OKC in May and Bowling Green in August.

Going off the boards here.

1. SO Cal Athletics 2020
2. GA Impact 02
3. Power Surge 02
4. BHM Thunderbolts 02
5. Team Mizuno
6. GA Select 02
7. IN Gators 02
8. Texas Impact Gold 02
9. Corona Angels 02
10. Texas Glory 02

These are the normal teams. Please feel free to rank.
atlrangers

by TexanSin83 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:12 am

atlrangers wrote:What is your guess for a National 10u rank. Using your boards here is what I rank. I hope to see all these teams in OKC in May and Bowling Green in August.

Going off the boards here.

1. SO Cal Athletics 2020
2. GA Impact 02
3. Power Surge 02
4. BHM Thunderbolts 02
5. Team Mizuno
6. GA Select 02
7. IN Gators 02
8. Texas Impact Gold 02
9. Corona Angels 02
10. Texas Glory 02

These are the normal teams. Please feel free to rank.

No offense but how do you rank Impact Gold so high and above Glory. Texas Glory is a much better team. They are very solid. My daughters team (Lady Stros 02 Gold) only lost to Glory at Texas Fall State. We beat Impact Gold 17-4 at Texas Fall State. When we played Impact Gold they didn't know how to play against the short game. We had them so confused switching between short and long. Dont get me wrong they are a decent team. Yet to be ranked that high nationaly isn't correct by any means.

We only practiced 1 time a week in the Fall due to most girls playing multiple sports. This changes in the spring when they all go 100% softball. The main core of this team was on the 2nd place Texas ASA A 10u State Runnerup team from last year. We have only strengthend our team since them. This fall we went 41-12 and outscored our opponents 365-123. 4 of our losses came from the first weekend of play where we had only 1 practice and we were moving girls around trying out "spots". The coach for the Lady Stros 02 Gold has a great reputation and I would be very worried about the team in the spring. She has brought this core group of girls many championships. 6u ASA State Champ, 8U ASA and USFA State Champ, 10U ASA-A State Runner-up and 4th place in USFA-A State .

There are some other teams in Texas that can sneak up on you if you are not on your A game. Dirt Divas, Aces Express Black, and TPS 02 are all up there as well.
TexanSin83

by frito_burrito » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:17 pm

83 chu es no gonna come on here an whine bout a prolem dat eberyone else gots to. chu gots to tells dem girls no mas volleyball an de basketball no mas to. tell em if de es gonna gets dem full rides fer softball de gots to start workin cus dem coaches at de college wants dem to commit by de 12 years old
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to TX