Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Ronald McDonald 18U Gold

by justawatcher » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:51 am

NorthsideDad wrote:GameTime - The only schedules out are for SMGSL and Burroughs. Still missing Collins and Dyess but it still will be interesting once it is out who on will be at Collins.

He said field assignments, which have been done for a while. Here's the one we care about:

Collins park
3n2 Strike Zone
Aces Express Gold McCorkle
American Freedom Gold Soefje
California Desperados Gold
California Thunder
Colorado Quicksilver
Colorado Styxx
Colorado Warriors Select
Cy Fair Intruders Gold
Ft Worth Batbusters Gold
Gators Gold - Flannery
Gold Coast Hurricane Gold
Gold Coast Hurricane Gold - Norman
GT Shockers Gold
Hit Away Gold
Houston Power Gold
Illinois Bash Gold
Impact Gold SK
Katy Cruisers Gold
Lil Saints
Louisiana Voodoo
MC Elite Gold
Minors Gold - California
New Mexico Sundancers Red
Newtown Rock Gold
Oklahoma Exclusive Gold
Oklahoma Jitterbugs
Oklahoma Ultimate Gold
Oregon Blaze Gold
Plantation Pressure Gold
Platinum Gold
Ranier Jets
Sarasota Heat 18 Gold
So Cal Filly's
Spring Klein Sliders
Sudden Impact Gold
Surrey Storm Gold
Synergy Gold - Canada
TC Stars
Team Easton 18 Gold
Team Florida
Texas Blaze Gold
Texas Bombers Gold
Texas Cobras Gold
Texas Eclipse Gold
Texas Elite Bancroft
Texas GC Challengers
Texas Glory Adkins
Texas Glory Shelton
Texas Hawks Gold
Texas Impact Gold - Burke
Texas Impact Gold Jackson
Texas Magic Gold
Texas Peppers Gold - Bass
Texas Rapid Fire Gold
Texas Stix Gold
Texas Storm - Newsom
Texas Storm - Wymer
USA Athletics Gold
Vienna Stars Gold
Virginia Legends
Washington Ladyhawks - Hawkins
Wichita Mustangs Gold
Worth Firecrackers
justawatcher

by fastpitchforever » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Will be interesting to see if the Worth Firecrackers will still come if the gold qualified Texas Firecrackers aren't assigned to Collins as well.
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MavFan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:30 pm

Why are Firecrackers coming to Houston rather than going to Orlando like most of the other California teams? My guess is their relationship with Triple Crown more than it has anything to do with where Connie's team plays.
MavFan

by hit4power » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:02 pm

Interesting list of teams @ Collins. IMO, at least 4 of the Houston area teams are going to get their butts handed to them unless they made a step change improvement from last year.

Also, while I agree that more coaches loiter at the front of Collins than elsewhere, my DD played there 3 years; once not at Collins at all, once mostly at the back of Collins, and once at the front. Saw plenty of coaches in attendance and watching our games all three years. I think your chance of a "drive-by" are better at the front of Collins, but if a coach is really there to watch your DD, IMO the field doesn't matter as much as some apparently think.
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MavFan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:19 am

hit4power wrote:Interesting list of teams @ Collins. IMO, at least 4 of the Houston area teams are going to get their butts handed to them unless they made a step change improvement from last year.

Also, while I agree that more coaches loiter at the front of Collins than elsewhere, my DD played there 3 years; once not at Collins at all, once mostly at the back of Collins, and once at the front. Saw plenty of coaches in attendance and watching our games all three years. I think your chance of a "drive-by" are better at the front of Collins, but if a coach is really there to watch your DD, IMO the field doesn't matter as much as some apparently think.

For 70% of the college coaches in attendence I tend to agree. But there are 30% that rotate between fields 1 -4 and the hospitality tent at Collins all weekend long.

IMHO the Ronald McDonald is a great event for DDs to see if they have the interest from a Top 15 to 25 program. Most top programs, with the exception of the west coast schools, have had a representative their every year I have been, (8 years now), if they venture out to Dyess or Burroughs then they are interested. Heck if they leave the hospitality tent and venture out to fields 5-9 at Collins you might be on their radar. LOL
MavFan

by hit4power » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:43 pm

Heck if they leave the hospitality tent and venture out to fields 5-9 at Collins you might be on their radar. LOL

I have to agree, there are some coaches who (IMO) aren't there to do serious recruiting and they just wander around Collins. Some people seem to think that if they happen by your game it means they are interested, but in my experience that kind of "drive-by" rarely results in anything happening. OTOH, if you get a coach at your Sunday 8am game in Burroughs, it means s/he is definitely interested. Quality of visit before quantity of coaches just walking by...

Frankly, for my nickel, the back of Collins is my least favorite place - fields are the worst of the lot and it's too cramped in the area where the snack bar, restrooms, and bleachers are.
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by frito_burrito » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:56 pm

hit4power wrote:
I have to agree, there are some coaches who (IMO) aren't there to do serious recruiting and they just wander around Collins. Some people seem to think that if they happen by your game it means they are interested, but in my experience that kind of "drive-by" rarely results in anything happening. OTOH, if you get a coach at your Sunday 8am game in Burroughs, it means s/he is definitely interested. Quality of visit before quantity of coaches just walking by...

Frankly, for my nickel, the back of Collins is my least favorite place - fields are the worst of the lot and it's too cramped in the area where the snack bar, restrooms, and bleachers are.

yo es confused. who es dis (IMO) and de OTOH? i es like de fields at de dyess park. essept de es nothin out there to eat. i es do like de snack bar. de always gots de onions and penos por de frito pie.
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Phantomz08 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:22 am

frito_burrito wrote:
hit4power wrote:

yo es confused. who es dis (IMO) and de OTOH? i es like de fields at de dyess park. essept de es nothin out there to eat. i es do like de snack bar. de always gots de onions and penos por de frito pie.

Jalopenos but no onions dude, or do they. Hell, I cant remember.
Surf City has onions baby, but if your on one of the fileds not right by the snack bar (and restrooms) you have a long way to go to get to it.
If it ain't broke, why fix it??
Phantomz08
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:53 am

Whatever people's criticisms of RMD may be , it is the prime recruiting weekend of the year for most kids in the area. Regarding playing at outlying fields, the teams my kids played on were almost always on outlying, Burroughs I think the most. At 16u, though they played on the main field. One of those crazy recruiting things happened there - coach from a major program was there to see a team that had invited her to come watch them play - DD1 played well - got their attention and great things happened.
On any field - whether on the main field - or one that may seem close to the Mexican border - you have to contact the coaches of the schools you are interested. If you do - they will come. Just be sure the schools know where you are playing, hopefully you will play for a decent coach who will put in the positions that school wants to see you play. Most teams - most coaches will do that - but ... not all - so ASK. But over the time, the prime attention - the attention that meant that they would play college ball - came from the Ronald McDonald tournament.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchforever » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:39 pm

RMD is the Texas tournament of the year!
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to TX