Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Running out the clock

by Dadoftwo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:29 am

The never ending argument... I completely see both sides of the discussion but it just seems pretty simple...Don't put yourself in that situation. I mean if stalling time was "bush league". Then why would NBA teams pass the ball around to run it out, or NFL teams run the ball and wait for play clock to run down, then kneel down the last few plays? I agree it sucks when it happens to me, but I would be a hypocrite to say I don't do it as well. It's just a part of sports or the ones that use a clock anyway.
Dadoftwo

by 93players » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:17 pm

We have all been there, on both sides. I do not mind the running out the minute or two, but anything more and it is the duty of the umpires to take control of the game. We have had catchers tell us that some umpires will whisper, we need some balls here to run out the clock. Now that is too far in my opinion. I also saw an umpire go and pull out a rule book when approached by a coach (on the losing side) to waste about 2-3 minutes. Personally, I have really liked playing with coaches who do not play these games with the clock.
93players

by DonnieS » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:29 am

93players wrote:We have all been there, on both sides. I do not mind the running out the minute or two, but anything more and it is the duty of the umpires to take control of the game. We have had catchers tell us that some umpires will whisper, we need some balls here to run out the clock. Now that is too far in my opinion. I also saw an umpire go and pull out a rule book when approached by a coach (on the losing side) to waste about 2-3 minutes. Personally, I have eally liked playing with coaches who do not play these games with the clock.

I too have never had a blue come up - on a 103 degree texas afternoon and say "Donnie, waste 3 minutes here somewhere, you still get a time out coming, and get this over with and get everyone out of the sun." Never happened - omg - so much bandwidth wasted.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to TX