Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

University of Texas - Arlington

by justawatcher » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:04 am

just4fun wrote:Hmm, someone forgot to tell that to all the head coaches that were there. Also, didn't see an assistant from UTA.

I suppose it's hard to tell from a message board forum, but that was stated tongue in cheek. There have been plenty of head coaches at the 14/16 week for a few years now, it's just not even close to the amount seen the following week. I assumed those that know me/have been around for a while caught my facetiousness.

I did not see UTA either.
justawatcher

by just4fun » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:37 pm

They made it RM. Glad to see the school recruiting Texas girls. They will do well staying in state. I'm sure they got to see how much talent there is within a few hundred miles of the school.
just4fun

by justawatcher » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:02 pm

freetacos wrote:I have often wondered how long UT is going to stick with Connie Clark. She has had some great players but just can't get it done. Recruiting should be a breeze. Is softball so far down the totem pole that the UT AD could care less?

Baffled in Tx.

ft

Maybe. Or maybe the AD only looks at all 3 polls in which Texas is usually (and still is) a top 10 program.
justawatcher

by freetacos » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:32 pm

JW err...Connie, my bad. I have been looking at past years finishes rather than those dang rankings. I'll go back and look at those rankings and see if the last few years finishes have been unfair.

Well dang it, the finishes don't lie do they? That crap don't cut it at UT. Why do you think Mac Browns butt is on the hot plate?

She has had Olympians Christa Williams and Cat Osterman. She still can't win because she can't recruit hitters or at least hitters that can perform under pressure.

Not even making it out of your own Regional that you are hosting is pretty embarrassing.

oh...enjoy that Longhorn softball koolaid. BTW I am a UT fan in all other sports.

I hope to be a UT softball fan again as soon as Clark is fired.

ft
freetacos

by justawatcher » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:07 pm

freetacos wrote:JW err...Connie, my bad. I have been looking at past years finishes rather than those dang rankings. I'll go back and look at those rankings and see if the last few years finishes have been unfair.

Well dang it, the finishes don't lie do they? That crap don't cut it at UT. Why do you think Mac Browns butt is on the hot plate?

She has had Olympians Christa Williams and Cat Osterman. She still can't win because she can't recruit hitters or at least hitters that can perform under pressure.

Not even making it out of your own Regional that you are hosting is pretty embarrassing.

oh...enjoy that Longhorn softball koolaid. BTW I am a UT fan in all other sports.

I hope to be a UT softball fan again as soon as Clark is fired.

ft

Actually it was the super regional they hosted that they didn't get out of. You must be thinking of Tim Walton (and bringing up the "situation" will only further my point, so please don't). You think they should can him too? How about Ehren Earleywine? He lost the supers he hosted also. Not sure Lexy Bennett, Taylor Hoagland, Nadia Taylor, among others would agree that UT can't recruit hitters.

I'm not arguing that UT doesn't deserve harsh criticism, but come on. They are a top 10 program that makes the tournament every year and got booted by one of the best teams in the country last season in the super. I'm not saying that cuts it for UT fans, but I don't see those results getting Clark the axe.
justawatcher

by freetacos » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:17 pm

Getting voted "top 10" means nothing, especially at UT. That's why they play the games. You can run out any UT hitter that you want but the proof is in the pudding baby. If you can't recruit at UT then you do not deserve to be a D1 coach.

Scoreboard!!

ft
freetacos

by MavFan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:35 pm

FT -

Well now that Missouri and A&M are out of the conference, it will be even easier to get a top seed.

Speaking of A&M, they do recruit the best hitters from Houston, how come they aren't in OKC every year?

You have had 8 different schools win the national championship in 13 seasons, only Arizona, UCLA and Arizona St are repeat champions, there are more good teams then ever, getting to the WCWS was a birth right for UCLA and Arizona but Arizona hasn't been to OKC since 2010 and hasn't won it since 2007, UCLA has missed the last two years. If you are going to compare Clark, compare her to the best of the best.
MavFan

by freetacos » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:46 pm

You guys are not going to change my mind. Clark has to go. So it's official..I have fired C Clark as head softball coach at UT.

They stopped taking my phone calls years back so I guess I will fire her in an email. Didn't want it to happen this way but that's life.

I am now accepting resumes for qualified candidates. Bribes...err athletic donations are preferred.

ft.

Great day...hired a president and fired a head coach. Ain't America great? :lol:
freetacos

by DonnieS » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:55 pm

freetacos wrote:You guys are not going to change my mind. Clark has to go. So it's official..I have fired C Clark as head softball coach at UT.

They stopped taking my phone calls years back so I guess I will fire her in an email. Didn't want it to happen this way but that's life.

I am now accepting resumes for qualified candidates. Bribes...err athletic donations are preferred.

ft.

Great day...hired a president and fired a head coach. Ain't America great? :lol:

You are going to give the nice lady some severance, arent you ?
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by freetacos » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:45 pm

Actually she seems to be a very nice lady. Years back she gave our 12u travel team a tour of the facilities and walk on the field before one of the UT games. The girls loved the locker room. Top notch of course. She went out of her way for our 12u team. Nice to see.

Still gotta fire her...

ft

ps I have fired Mac Brown 21 times so far in his career.

A@m and Baylor have great facilities as well.
freetacos

PreviousNext

Return to TX