Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

ULL Lotief

by Lone Staarr » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:44 am

So another coach ousted due to vulgar language and hostile environment.

A couple of questions...

1) Can coaches get the most from an athlete without having to impose their threatening "you better get it done or you're on the bench" attitude?

2) I think the AD's need take to a couple of lessons, training on what it really takes to bring the most out of an athlete and what is accepted coaching behavior. What do you think?

3) My opinion is I really don't think you need to be hostile to any athlete to get most out of them. I understand some you have to push more than others but does it really need to get to the point where you simply just tear someone down?

Some select ball coaches are darn right hostile also. I always wondered why parents keep their kids on those teams.

I understand there is always his story and their story but there's always a third story. The third one is usually true. I believe both the school and Lotief are to blame. Coaches need to be more supervised and AD's need to be more involved over all.

Either way he was a pretty darn good coach and it's tough to see him go, I wonder what happens now to those 40 kids on that roster and those other 30 plus kids with offers on the table. Wow!
Lone Staarr

by orange socks » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:37 am

It'll be a mess over there for a while. Hopefully Glasco can right the ship. Interesting to see that he brought on Joe Guthrie after he just got on board with Spring Hill along with his wife.

Sanders is going to Oregon...wonder who's next?
orange socks

by Lone Staarr » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 am

Going to be tough to replace Sanders offensive numbers.

I'm sure Glasco has enough players that will stay. What was the roster at over 40 athletes?
Lone Staarr

Return to TX