Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

What about Central Texas?????

by carchamp252505 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:27 pm

Calm down 'fastpitchguru' its a matter of opinion and everybody is entitled 2 one and if you think Bombers 94 and 93 + the Blaze are the best teams then so be it they are the best teams. You got to consider more often than none who will come out on top in any one tourney, any of those teams you mentioned go to Houston or Dallas often, I doubt ,so how do you know how good they are? Because they beat up on all the SA teams every weekend and because they had some good games at the Bomber Shootout. Well as far as centrally located teams I think you failed to mention RR Crush, Groove, SA Hitt but I guess you must be part of the Bomber Organization since you favor them so highly. Lets wait till the summer tourneys and the girls can play 'em all out ! Everbody needs to calm down and quit getting so serious over these discussions. I am pretty sure these are all parents and none of these comments come from the players of the teams that are out there in the country playing there hearts out, thats what takes the fun out of all the sports out there........................CALM DOWN....................
carchamp252505

by slapper » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:56 pm

[quote="carchamp252505"]Calm down 'fastpitchguru' its a matter of opinion and everybody is entitled 2 one and if you think Bombers 94 and 93 + the Blaze are the best teams then so be it they are the best teams. You got to consider more often than none who will come out on top in any one tourney, any of those teams you mentioned go to Houston or Dallas often, I doubt ,so how do you know how good they are? Because they beat up on all the SA teams every weekend and because they had some good games at the Bomber Shootout.

Why would teams need to go Houston or Dallas to prove they are good? Are there no good teams from any other area's in TX? Do you think everytome a Houston or Dalls team plays a team fom somewhere else they automatically win?
slapper

by fastpitchguru » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:32 pm

It's getting to be a matter of respect! I am not with the bomber or the blaze organizations but I am member of the central texas fastpitch softball community! It gets to be sickening listening to the likes of people like you that down play when central texas teams beat a houston or dallas team...we get to hear come to dallas and see the real competition or you guys would never do that well in houston! Whatever! Every year people get on here and talk about the dallas teams and the houston teams coming down here and winning it all , and then when they do not...everybody says calm down and relax , this team was missing these players , and this team cant play in these conditions , and the sun is too bright in central texas and...and...and!

Without a doubt Central Texas Has closed the gap on the rest of the state...This last weekend was clearly evident of that! There was nothing I saw from either place that made me raise my eyebrows , now watching the STX8's hit and run bases that damn sure made me sit up in my chair!

Take a look at last years High School State Playoffs 3 out of 5 state Champions came from Region IV (which is Central Texas!) Troy , Boerne , Medina Valley! Dallas and Houston are starting to remind me of California...they truly still believe that they are way better than everyone else and no one else has a chance! If you come down here and get beat just tip your cap congratulate the winners and stop making excuses!
fastpitchguru

by 3Bsnag » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:04 pm

fpguru,
I think you're kinda right and I'm going to give you my Fort Worth opinion (soooo different than Dallas by the way).
I think it was the case that we wouldn't take the Central TX teams seriously, but like you said, I really see that changing now. It's like CA and TX/OK. We know CA teams are the teams to beat, but some of our teams DO compete effectively against them now. Same thing going on up here. We check out the teams registered for our tournaments and see the Bombers or S TX Elite or RR Blaze (just to name a few) in our bracket, and we know those are going to be tough games.

It may take a while to get rid of the stereotype, but it is going away. I personally like the competition and like seeing someone different than the red & blue knee pads or the black and red BB on their shirts!
3Bsnag

Previous

Return to TX