TX

Below 18u level highfalutin gold teams

by Bullethead » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:56 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Welcome.

Thank you. I like your posts
Bullethead

by just4fun » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:16 pm

fastpitchforever wrote:
fastpitchguru wrote:One thing I just noticed is the Bombers won the 16U division and got 2nd in the 14U division. That is pretty damn impressive! Kinda bodes well for them in the future with as solid as their 18U Gold team is and then mix in the fact that they are real good at 16 & 14U.....wow!

I have been a fan for a while of these guys just because every time I watch their Gold team play they are fun as hell to watch! Super Fast!!! But with this young talent in the pipeline they should be good for a while!

the ole man!

Sigh, in a normal season I'd agree, but Scott Smith was one of the TD's that endorsed the "committee" and many girls lost a chance for exposure when he tossed their teams out of his tournament a few weeks ago. I expected more from him than that. Very disappointing.

Amen brother!
just4fun

by just4fun » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:19 pm

SOFTBALLS wrote:Don't know who you consider "elite" in 16u but the order of finish was.
1. Tx Bombers futures
2. Sudden Impact
3. Houston Power
3. Tx Firecrackers

Congratulations to all 4 teams.
just4fun

by texasott » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:56 am

bigbaddude wrote:
fastpitchforever wrote:Sigh, in a normal season I'd agree, but Scott Smith was one of the TD's that endorsed the "committee" and many girls lost a chance for exposure when he tossed their teams out of his tournament a few weeks ago. I expected more from him than that. Very disappointing.

I heard it was not so much Scott as it was the person that runs Sudden Impact. That guy has more hatred towards Connie than anybody on this earth and there is no doubt in my mind he was the driving factor for FC not getting to play in Seguin or Beaumont. He's so far up EGCC's butt, it is not funny. To think a grown man cannot let his personal life with Connie go and move on is beyond me. It is about the girls, why can't you see that?

Kaos and Aces were both in Seguin. I rest my case.

Is that true?

sudden impact 16u coach had alot to do with that too. Some people just can"t let the past go..
texasott

by frito_burrito » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:30 am

de es more i read de mas it points to de si. maybe de si have de goods on de egcc coches. did de all go to de camping trip an de things de get weird.
de bigbadvato tu confus me. chu always es asking de questiones at de end.
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Cheeseburger » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:54 pm

TXSoftball Fan wrote:This looks like the new thing for really big organizations. I see a Texas Peppers Gold 16U, Katy Cruisers Gold 14U, and Texas Glory Adkins Gold 14U. Seems a little weird to be calling non-18U teams "Gold" but the term "Gold" really doesn't mean much at 18U anymore either.

14U went
1. Breakaway Speed
2. Texas Bombers
3T. Texas Elite - Papas
3T. Austin Stars 99

12U went
1. Texas Aces 2000 Express
2. Texas Kaos

alot of 14u kids were out for middle school vollyball so there teams werent there. at least that's the case around these parts. if you got 7th and 8th grade athletes then there playing for there schools some weekeneds. Congrats to the teams that placed.
http://tournamentasa.com/i!/tournaments ... hp?TID=952
Cheeseburger

by just4fun » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:01 pm

bigbaddude wrote:
frito_burrito wrote:de es more i read de mas it points to de si. maybe de si have de goods on de egcc coches. did de all go to de camping trip an de things de get weird.
de bigbadvato tu confus me. chu always es asking de questiones at de end.

it all points to SI frito, you know that!!

Yes, it is true.. Hows that vato?

It seems the si has it out for the fc and the ig don't like the ae, but how did the kaos get added to the list?
just4fun

by MavFan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:40 am

I was told the Kaos are included because of the timing of their "tryouts". The went to the TCS national in NYC, didn't qualify for ASA Gold and declined their berth to PGF. Because they were done with their season, they started having private workouts at least a full week before most everyone else. I don't think it was a stealing players issue, just that they had a pretty big head start on some of the "free agents". I don't know if they got any of them, but I think that the other coaches thought they had an unfair advantage by hosting workouts and psuedo tryouts while others were still playing.
MavFan

by frito_burrito » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:13 am

maybe if de kaos papi es take de berry fast dds to de ig den maybe de ig let dem in de club
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MavFan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:31 am

bigbaddude wrote:
MavFan wrote:I was told the Kaos are included because of the timing of their "tryouts". The went to the TCS national in NYC, didn't qualify for ASA Gold and declined their berth to PGF. Because they were done with their season, they started having private workouts at least a full week before most everyone else. I don't think it was a stealing players issue, just that they had a pretty big head start on some of the "free agents". I don't know if they got any of them, but I think that the other coaches thought they had an unfair advantage by hosting workouts and psuedo tryouts while others were still playing.

I heard the same thing and "if that is true", those overgrown wanna be coaches should be ashamed of theirselves for keeping Kaos out. Getting a head start on the talent? Name one girl they recruited that IG or any of those other EGCC tems cannot live without. Zero and that is no knock against any one of Kaos players. Heck, if they wanted to play for IG or any othe EGCC team, they would have. now, they are probaly glad they didn;t or knew why they shouldn't.

What a way to tarnish a great image IG. I think you should get rid of the problem Stoney. Get rid of you both. Let JL run he team.. haha Like he is not already doing that?

Please don't take this as a defense of the other coaches, because for the most part I agree with you. Especially when it comes to blackballing teams and not allowing players to play in exposure events.

However, I think there are a couple of things to consider.

There are players on every team that the current coach could "live without". I don't know who went to the Kaos tryout, who is on their team that is a returner and who is new. Doesn't matter. Look at it this way, every year there is an NFL or NBA free agent that everyone wants. If some of the teams were allowed to sign free agents before everyone else that would be considered unfair. Granted there is no one holding a gun to their head to say yes to the Kaos or any other team, and not go to other tryouts, but if Bert told the player he needed to know now or in a couple of days, that puts the player in a situation to make a decision before having all the options. That is unfair to the player.
MavFan

PreviousNext

Return to TX