Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Who will be strong in 2013 High School

by a70290 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:53 pm

High School season just around the corner, teams starting to work out. Anyone know who will be strong in 4a, 3a, 2a, 1a ?
a70290

by slapperdad » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:45 pm

4A-usual suspects.
3A-Lebanon
2A-pick-em
1A-pick-em
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by a70290 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks Slapper, i figured Carmel, Avon, Roncalli, Plainfield and maybe Greenwood or Franklin Central this year in 4a.
3a i think Portage might have a good team.
2a i don't think South Putnam is as good as in the past, but Scecina should be strong.
1a i don't Luthern is as strong as in the past, either this year.
a70290

by slapperdad » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Coaching change at Scecina will probably spell doom for the Crusaders! :o
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by bucketboy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:01 pm

Slapperdad,

Kinda shocked there hasn't been more input on this subject. Guess everyone is more in tune to 10u and 12u and who is going to win the county fair cheap plastic trophies in the B division events.

Several coaching changes I have heard of and know of a couple schools that haven't even named a coaches for the upcoming season so guess the AD's are showing us once again girls sports don't matter.

As always pitching will determine high school success in my opinion and the dominators aren't as plentiful out there.

Have to agree with you on that coaching change at Scecina. Has the baby been born yet and if so I haven't seen my cigar. :o :o

Will look forward to catching some games as the season unfolds and good luck to your program as well.
bucketboy

by slapperdad » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:45 pm

One thing's for certain, when Tom Moorman was coaching, this crap would never have stood unchallenged!
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by Fat Guy at 3rd » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:55 am

OK so I'm being called out by my friends!!! Bucketboy thanks for asking about the baby but I am now ripped with a solid 8 pack!! Haha maybe not but I have lost 10 pounds!

Slapper I don't know what to do with you??!! You are the "King of Heybucket" and I dare not tread on you!

As for Scecina......We will be good but there are a lot of good teams out there. Hopefully we are good and can have a little luck to go with it!
Fat Guy at 3rd

by dailyjoy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:59 am

bucketboy wrote:
Kinda shocked there hasn't been more input on this subject. Guess everyone is more in tune to 10u and 12u and who is going to win the county fair cheap plastic trophies in the B division events.

Or maybe everyone is busy with :o basketball :o

I haven't notice much chatter on any of the Indiana threads, though I have not really been paying attention........too busy with basketball LOL.....

Riley should be good again this year......speaking of Riley I heard Morgan Allison will be playing for Taylor next year.......how exciting for her.

New Prairie has a new coach, former Bethel player, so hopefully their program will improve.....

Notre Dame should have a good team but they aren't high school so a little off topic.......

Well there you go, my contribution in getting the thread going.......... :D
dailyjoy

by slapperdad » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:34 am

You need to find better friends Fat Guy!

Now to be honest, I did kind of bait the discussion about Scecina just so I could pimp the new coach. In all honesty, they should be solid. They've got a few holes to fill but this time of year everyone's trying to fill a hole here or there.

I know I for one am ready for March to get here, I'm SICK of being inside! And sincerely, good luck Fat Guy!
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by Scooby26 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:46 pm

Talking 4A in the North

The UK bound Lefty is still pitching at Huntington North, so I like their chances of returning to the semi-state for the 3rd straight year.

Either Lake Central, Chesterton or Crown Point would probably be the favorites to represent the Region. All 3 either return a lot of talent or are adding in some big time freshman talent.

HSE or Carmel would be my guess to come out of their Regional. HSE is loaded with pitching talent, while Carmel just seems to reload every year.

Northridge, SB Riley or Penn would probably be considered the favorites to advance from their Regional going into the season. Northridge returns six starters from last year's 30-2 team that reached the semi-state finals (including their #1 pitcher). Riley spent quite a bit of time as #1 last year and has most of their girl's returning. Penn is kind of like Carmel--they reload from year to year.

Hopefully all the player's stay healthy throughout the course of the season! I'm sure I've overlooked somebody and without a doubt some team will surpass all expectations and make a run come tourney time but that is a preseason 4a overview from my perspective in the North.
Scooby26

Next

Return to IN