Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

2013 IHSAA State Tournament Talk

by slapperdad » Tue May 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Boys, boys, boys......tournaments aren't about finding the best team, it's about crowning a champion. My advice would be to bring it every night, if not, enjoy the couple of weeks off before travel season starts. Fairness? What's more fair than going head to head on the field?

Also keep in mind, in light of Title IV, pretty much whatever you do with Softball, you'll also have to do with Baseball, at least the IHSAA has followed that model. With their pitching situation in Baseball, I couldn't begin to imagine managing the pitching rotation in a double elimination tournament, three or four day tournament. You could end up with a #6 vs #7 in the finals, with a score of 19-17.

You should also be aware, that there are plans being looked at the restrict pitching in Softball similar to what Baseball does. I'm not saying it's going to happen tomorrow, I'm just telling you it's being talked about.
Every man lives by a code:
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
3.If you get lost, look cool
slapperdad

by LeftyHitter » Wed May 22, 2013 5:31 am

slapperdad wrote:Boys, boys, boys......tournaments aren't about finding the best team, it's about crowning a champion. My advice would be to bring it every night, if not, enjoy the couple of weeks off before travel season starts. Fairness? What's more fair than going head to head on the field?

Well said Slapper. Now let's get back to talking about what happened on the field. #3 Center Grove and #4 Greenwood go down on the same night in the same sectional to Franklin Central who garnered 8 points and New Palestine with 1 point in the final poll. Have to say that has to be the toughest sectional out there. This sectionals draw was probably exactly how it would have been if seeded and the big dogs still got knocked off before the championship.
LeftyHitter

by slapperdad » Wed May 22, 2013 6:17 am

Sectional 13 is a meat grinder. I still don't understand how Roncalli doesn't end up there, other than the IHSAA seems to like to keep them and Cathedral together.

In Sectional 15, Floyd Central went down last night 4-2 to Bedford. I think that is a little surprising. FC has been ranked in the top 10 most of the year and BNL seemed to be heading the other direction late in the season. I know they were bit by the injury bug a little as well. Final is Thursday Jennings County and BNL. Jennings County may be one of the hottest teams in the state right now, much as it pains me to say that.

Good luck to the teams still playing. I'm going to take some much needed time off and get the batteries recharged before getting the summer going.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by DLauck » Wed May 22, 2013 9:00 am

Slapper - I think it would be utterly preposterous for Roncalli to be in the Sectional 13! 8-)

Seriously, nice work with Seymour softball! Enjoy the time off and have a nice summer. Maybe we'll bump into each other and have a beverage on Clarence's dime here soon!
DLauck

by slapperdad » Wed May 22, 2013 11:16 am

DLauck wrote:Slapper - I think it would be utterly preposterous for Roncalli to be in the Sectional 13! 8-)

Seriously, nice work with Seymour softball! Enjoy the time off and have a nice summer. Maybe we'll bump into each other and have a beverage on Clarence's dime here soon!

:lol: Ain't nobody gettin anything on Clarence's dime!

I however ALWAYS have a cold beverage with me, hit me up, I'm around.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by slapperdad » Thu May 23, 2013 11:25 am

In sectional 16 last night, Evansville Central falls to Evansville Reitz.
1.Always look cool
2.Never get lost
slapperdad

by HoosierBBall » Thu May 23, 2013 7:54 pm

It does kinda take the suspense out of a sectional when the best teams face off right from the get go, but the blind draw is the way to go. As they say, in order to be the best..you gotta beat the best. No one is getting a banner hung up for being a sectional runner up, so whether it's the opening game or final game, you're still gonna have to beat them.
HoosierBBall

by HoosierBBall » Thu May 23, 2013 7:55 pm

The Portage / C.P. game was postponed until Friday due to the weather.
HoosierBBall

by southernINfan » Fri May 24, 2013 5:54 am

Charlestown wins 3A Sectional 30, beating Brownstown 12-0 in 5 innings. They beat Salem 5-3 in the semi-final on Wednesday.
southernINfan

by LeftyHitter » Fri May 24, 2013 6:05 am

Last night was upset city in 3A as the top 3 ranked schools all were eliminated. #1 Marian goes down to St. Joe when they scored 5 in the bottom of the 7th to pull off the 6-5 shocker. #2 Gibson Southern loses to Booneville 3-2 in 8 innings. And not really an upset but #4 Dwenger knocks off #3 Woodlan 4-2 to avenge one of their 2 losses early in the season. In 2A #2 Rochester loses to Winamac 6-1 and #5 North Miami falls to Cass 7-1. Wild night.
LeftyHitter

PreviousNext

Return to IN