Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

IN

Blue Chip

by Hereforthegirls » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:24 am

river rat wrote:is the legacy sports complex in lafayette alot nicer than blue chip? i sure hope so

I haven't been to legacy yet but heard that it is nice. It is brand new so it should be. They only have one field and from what I hear it is expensive.
Hereforthegirls

by honestabe » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:48 am

BackwardsK wrote:Thanks for the lesson. Here is a simple one in economics:

Lets see, $750 for 3 tournaments. That's $250/tournament...hmmm, sounds good, right? Wrong.

Add to that 2 nights in hotel ($100) x 10 rooms = $1,000
Add to that food and gas. Lets just say $100/ family (very cheap) = $1,000

Now your tournament cost is $2,250 divided by 10 families = $225 per family per tournament. That's pretty costly.

Assuming 2 pool and 4 bracket games that's 410 minutes...$5.50 per minute or $300 per hour...assuming playing to championship

Sport Zone - 2 pool and 1 bracket...185 minutes...$2.70 per minute or $162 per hour...assuming 1st round elimination. It gets cheaper if you win 1st round.

So, it really appears that you are more interested in quantity of games...not quality (of games/competition/what ever).

The point of my post was simple and direct. It's not a safe place to play. You cannot argue against that. Even with new lights.

And Vice Versa teams traveling to Sportszone not from Indy
2 Pool 1 Bracket.....185 minutes.....$13 per minute....$780 per hour...assuming 1st round elimination.

Also Turfed fields in general cause players to be more prone to injury. Blue Chip does not have a corner on the market on this.

From my understanding you are either smarter than all of us or you and your Indy cohorts have your heads stuck so far up your.....
honestabe

by BackwardsK » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:57 am

LOL, HonestAbe...

You made 2 good assumptions:

1) most likely a first round exit for a a team traveling from Lafayette to Indy to play.

2) I am smarter than all of you (j/k...no I'm not...yes I am)

C'mon man! Seriously? Why are your feathers all ruffled? We all have our opinions. And we all have a right to express them. We also all have the right to express our disagreement with the opinions of others. That's what makes this country so great!

I think the point being made was that its not more economical to travel from Indy to Lafayette to play...even with the 3 game discount. And I would agree that the same is true for a team in Lafayette traveling to Indy.

I will say this, the competition is, by far, better at SZ. At least in the 12u games.
BackwardsK

by honestabe » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:13 am

BackwardsK wrote:LOL, HonestAbe...

C'mon man! Seriously? Why are your feathers all ruffled? We all have our opinions. And we all have a right to express them. We also all have the right to express our disagreement with the opinions of others. That's what makes this country so great!

I think the point being made was that its not more economical to travel from Indy to Lafayette to play...even with the 3 game discount. And I would agree that the same is true for a team in Lafayette traveling to Indy.

I will say this, the competition is, by far, better at SZ. At least in the 12u games.

http://youtu.be/CnbUcxEwMPE

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know what they say about opinions and heybucket is full of em. My self included
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
honestabe

by BackwardsK » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:30 pm

honestabe wrote:BackwardsK, when was the last time your team played at Blue Chip?
Played there once last year. Two girls inured from line drives foul into the 1st base player area.

My DD's teams has not had one injury playing there due to Blue Chip itself and has played there multiple times.
My neighbors oldest sister's step-daughter's cousin ended up with a concussion this year from a whack to the back of the head off the RF net (it was really my neighbors 16 yr old daughter).

Sounds a little slanderous.
By the way, it's libel if it's written and slander if it is verbal. And it's only libel if it's malicious and false. I stated an opinion based on experience.

I think it is a very functional facility and ran well. Especially with all the improvements the last couple of years.
I'm sure it has. A new facility in the same area will force that.

Has this become a Crush vs gator and/or Blue Chip thread.
Nothing of the nature. I simply pointed out the ACTUAL cost of traveling out of town to play

I think the thread was asking about scores last week not opinions
The defense rests your honor

I appreciate the debate that my original comment has bought forward. It's always good to get people thinking regardless of the topic.
BackwardsK

by 10GatorCoach » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:26 pm

It is all preference as far as facility IMO. We choose to play our indoor tournaments at SportZone for a few reasons. First, it is closer for most of our team. Second, we are not worried about min number of games. Indoor is nothing more than a practice every game. At SZ we get to basically have a minimum of 3 1-1 1/2hr practices before every game, plus a min of 3 practice games. Some of the other indoor facilities don't have the warmup area to make this possible. This is just our preference. Some would rather have more games. I don't think there is a right or wrong, but just different preferences!!!! Indoor softball is what it is no matter where you play it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10GatorCoach

by WalkOffHomer » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:34 pm

Finally! A voice of reason to close this discussion.

Thanks GatorCoach
WalkOffHomer

by Comegetsome » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:44 am

Hereforthegirls wrote:
river rat wrote:is the legacy sports complex in lafayette alot nicer than blue chip? i sure hope so

I haven't been to legacy yet but heard that it is nice. It is brand new so it should be. They only have one field and from what I hear it is expensive.

I can see alot more teams playing at Legacy do to the condition of the other "place".

If you want nice restrooms, turf that is not wore out, an actual place to warm up and work on hitting and defence drills and an actual field that is represented of an actual softball field.... There are only two options in central Indiana.

Also, I feel the quality of competition is better at SZ.

Flame away.... It won't bother me :roll:
"Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance"
Comegetsome

by honestabe » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:17 am

Comegetsome wrote:
Hereforthegirls wrote:

I can see alot more teams playing at Legacy do to the condition of the other "place".

If you want nice restrooms, turf that is not wore out, an actual place to warm up and work on hitting and defence drills and an actual field that is represented of an actual softball field.... There are only two options in central Indiana.

Also, I feel the quality of competition is better at SZ.

Flame away.... It won't bother me :roll:

I would agree that Legacy is nicer by the fact that it is a brand new facility. It does have only one field (Which works as a soccer field as well). There are a limited amount of teams that can play there because of this. Legacy also is ran primarily by "Soccer" People. It has its benefits though.
Blue Chip has two fields (which makes for larger tournaments) and has been remodeld to some degree in certain areas. Also from what Gators 02 coach said, will be getting new Turf soon. It is an older building , but functions well with the space that it has. I do think the competition is greater than Indy would like people to believe at Legacy and Blue Chip both.
SportsZone is economical and great if your an Indy team or close to Indy. It is also a very nice facility.

Each place has its benefits and each one is attractive to various teams for various reasons.

All in all, it is a service being provided by all 3 places that is demmanded by the teams that play. So we really should not knock them as we may not know what we have till its gone
honestabe

by Sackett13 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:33 pm

We have been going to the Blue Chip for 3 years now. Face it, you are not going to play cheap indoor anywhere. Yes, the Blue Chip needs some updating, but I would rather put up with lesser bathroom facilities and get to play more games. Blue Chip offers a 4gg for a cheaper tourney price. For my team, winter tourneys are all about exposure and practice. If you choose to do so, you can opt to enter the loser's bracket and get 3 or 4 more games in. Our last 2 tourneys we got 8 and 7 games in. The pressure is on to win if you travel, and with a 3gg you don't have the flexibility to pitch your #3 or 4 pitchers as much as you might like too. I'm a fan of Blue Chip.
Sackett13

PreviousNext

Return to IN