Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

FL

How can you guest for a State tournament?

by Wooahhhh » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:48 pm

This is hilarious. So many requests for guesting during a state tournament, how is that even possible? Aren't rosters even locked anymore, or it must only be ASA that locks rosters, nobody else freezes them. The big deal at the NSA State tournament was a guest pitcher from an "A" team, guesting for a "B" team. Don't know anything about it, just know I heard about it. Maybe it's just a rumor. I guess the obvious answer is injury. Vacations? If your team can't field a complete roster during State tournaments, then, maybe you should not play. The days of a stable roster are gone, right? This travel ball phenomenon is now so liquid it's liquid 24/7/365. Tryouts in May, June, and July for 10, 12, and 14u teams. It's just the way it is, I guess. Anybody have any ideas?
Wooahhhh

by coolsbmom12 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:14 am

If you are referring to the guest pitcher in 12's, it is no rumor. Her 12 team folded and she is actually on a 14U roster now. I thought that was against the new 2010 NSA guidelines?!?!?
coolsbmom12

by Wooahhhh » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:04 am

A team folding is another reason you could guest in a state championship. i had included injury and vacations in the earlier post. No, I was not referring to the 12u team. I believe there was a forfeit in the 14u age bracket.
Wooahhhh

Return to FL