Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

brackets posted for AA's T 4T

by redzone » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:53 pm

If everything holds, the Rebels should make the finals in the top bracket.

The bottom bracket is the "group of death" with Jesse's Batbusters, Kenny's Angels and Power Surge all slugging it out in the first two rounds of bracket play.

Have fun.
redzone

by CharlieHough » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:47 pm

12U

OCBB- Jesse vs. CA-Knighten - Nigel Hills Middle School on Saturday @ 10:45
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by Madmun » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:48 pm

I believe its the Victory USA 95 team. The 94 team is playing mostly up.
Madmun

by softballmafia » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:12 pm

I was told the 95 team is hosting a friendly this weekend and last week was their last tournamnet.
softballmafia

by hotwheels » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:18 pm

The 95 team is hosting a friendly but their team is not playing in it.....
hotwheels

by Madmun » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:39 pm

I went to AA's site: http://www.eteamz.com/americanathletics ... cat=407601

It is the 94 team.

There are some good 14U teams in this tourney. It will be interesting to see how some of the 95 teams fair against Victory USA - Campbell, which I feel is on the the top contenders for the 14U National Championship this coming summer.
Madmun

by Clean_up » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:36 pm

redzone wrote:If everything holds, the Rebels should make the finals in the top bracket.

The bottom bracket is the "group of death" with Jesse's Batbusters, Kenny's Angels and Power Surge all slugging it out in the first two rounds of bracket play.

Have fun.

Anyone even remotely curious on how three of the four top teams have to eliminate eachother before semi-finals? Take a good look at the bracket and who is in which pool... Just saying, looks like someone had some fun playing around with it, it's rare to have a 1 and 2 seed from the SAME pool possibly face eachother in quarter-finals.... ;) :roll: :?:
Clean_up

by spazmom » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:53 am

Anyone even remotely curious on how three of the four top teams have to eliminate eachother before semi-finals? Take a good look at the bracket and who is in which pool... Just saying, looks like someone had some fun playing around with it, it's rare to have a 1 and 2 seed from the SAME pool possibly face eachother in quarter-finals.... ;) :roll: :?:[/quote]

Looks like AA organization is not at all concerned about keeping the top teams attending this tournament. Jynx tournament is looking very appealing for next year....
spazmom

by CharlieHough » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:20 am

It is a conspiracy I tell you!

I find it interesting that even before the tournament starts there is such negative chatter and misinformation. First it is the stated rain policy and now the AA's organization is stacking the pools.

I will tell you what you will find at this Tournament.

A great organization that has put on this Tournament year after year. Last year, over 1000 toys were shared with less fortunate children through a wonderful non-profit organization. This year there are 78 teams participating, over 4 divisions, and the results should be about the same.

Fields in South Orange County on a weekend that should have perfect Softball weather(Forecast is for sunny and in the 70's). A great snack bar, and a host team that appreciates you being there for the last Tournament before your winter break.

So don't place your team in a bracket before pool play is over....the games have to be played.....and just think if your team does win this tourny from the "bracket of hell"....that would be a good thing....don't ya think?

Looks like AA organization is not at all concerned about keeping the top teams attending this tournament. Jynx tournament is looking very appealing for next year....

There are better ways to promote your Tournament than this.

Good luck to all this weekend and say Hi to me when you check in. :ugeek:
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by Clean_up » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:58 am

Charlie, you are correct of course. However, B2 and D2 should have been reversed because you just don't see 1 and 2 seeds from the SAME bracket placed as they are here. I have been a TD for years and you just don't do that with so many teams playing and since no other arm of the bracket is that way, we'll I'm just saying it is curious.

Most likely it is just a simple mistake on part of the TD or whoever did the brackets and yes, if the D2 seed makes it to the Championship game, that will be great for them! We all want to play the better teams and to win out of that bottom bracket will be quite an accomplishment.
Clean_up

Next

Return to CA