Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

PFX Tournament

by hotwheels » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:31 pm

callegacy wrote:I am wondering how often do teams work snack bars, run tournaments, friendlies etc.... and expect not to make money. Sounds like Iron balls and the juice have some sour grape issues of course organizations make money running these events. Some day when your all grown up and you realize how the travel ball world works and understand that it takes money $ to pay for fields, equipement, trainers, uniforms, insurance, hotel rooms, airplane flights, $700.00 showcase tournaments need I say more. You will soon see the good the bad and the ugly of this sport but right now your just a bottom feeder trying to wiggle your way to the top of the food chain. Keep bashing organizations who are good, caring, and respected advocates for this wonderful game of softall and you will find yourself growing roots down there and hurting the only one thing you probably care about.

Coach B.
Keep talking and knuckle up'

My team "Corona Xpress 93" hosted the ASA District B Tournament last year and the Corona Girls Softball Association "Recreation League" tournament the following week for the sole purpose of a fundraiser for our end of the year trip....I guess that makes us bad people too.....So much for non-profit organizations trying to make money FOR THE GIRLS......

Keep up the good work Coach B!! No love on the bucket today.....OUCH!
hotwheels

by Radar » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:44 pm

:shock: No one has mention the $1000.00 from nike that Teamsmith 18 gold won in a random drawing ;)
Radar

by hotwheels » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:46 pm

Radar wrote::shock: No one has mention the $1000.00 from nike that Teamsmith 18 gold won in a random drawing ;)

:roll:
Is that really a necessary statement to make?
hotwheels

by Sftbll4ever » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:56 pm

Radar wrote::shock: No one has mention the $1000.00 from nike that Teamsmith 18 gold won in a random drawing ;)

Wow, how about calling out all the other Gold teams that get by with all the sponsors they have? How shameful for those teams with sponsors to help the girls. SHAME SHAME SHAME!
Sftbll4ever

by skoshee » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:09 pm

I still want to know what these facts are, Ironman? I dont think there are any...just a bunch of innuendo and baseless rumors...and now Radar is insinuating that the drawing was fixed...you guys need to stop it...really dont we all just care about our kids playing the game they love and maybe getting a scholarship for their hard work...nobody is making it rich off travel softball...why spread baseless rumors, why not just give props to all the organization out there that are trying their best....
skoshee

by Radar » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:29 pm

You're right.
No worries just alittle Monday afternoon chat around the water cooler!
Radar

by diamondmom » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:40 pm

Kudos to TeamSmith if they did make money this weekend!!! It was the TeamSmith parents that maintained the fields, a couple of the local fields were in really bad shape prior to this tournament, (PFX nor the city provided any of the equipment to maintain these fields.) So for anyone to bash TeamSmith for being given this opportunity shame on you, they did a lot of work and deserve any money they worked for this weekend.
diamondmom
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BallGame » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:03 pm

WOW! That is really hitting below the belt! I remeber when my girl started playing TB, I would see teams from Cali setting up and runnig a snack bar at tournaments in Arizona. I guess they should be ashamed for making money for there team! I'm sure that if given the chance to set up a snack bar at a tournament, you'd be the first to say NO! (NOT!)
What is wrong with you people. TB isn't cheap!! Just in case you forgot here is what PFX is for.

What is the ProFastpitch X-treme (PFX) Tour?

The PFX Tour is the professional model in the sport of fastpitch softball that travels throughout the country and brings professional athletes to the young players in the game to meet and compete at the same event. Each tour stop includes an amateur tournament for all age groups, Pro games, Autograph Session, Meet & Greet the Pros Event, Opening Ceremony, Pro-Am Skill Challenges during the pro games, Players and Coaches Clinics.

Each tour stop offers more than a tournament, it is a fastpitch festival.
All proceeds HELP to SUPPORT the future of Pro Softball !!!
I'm sure that some of your Daughters would love to continue playing softball in the Future!!

Oh you small minded people with nothing better to do, get a life!!!
BallGame

by Longdisttrvlballer » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:57 pm

The concept of the PFX Tour is a excellent idea and I hope that it will be back next year. I think that the PFX organizers missed a great opportunity to turn this into a primer annual event. Iam not bagging on the Tournament and what it is all about. I just think if they put this on again next year there are issues that need to be addressed. I felt that the $65 for the clinics and $20 for the meet and greet was a bit pricy and instead of stopping play in the middle of the day they should move the PRO game to Saturday Night. Adding a free 45 minute autograph session for the players and children after the game would be a nice touch. They need to draw more of the top organizations in each age groups and my suggestion would be to target the top 10 teams in each age division. Having one of the Pros making a call to the head coaches and encouraging them to have their team participate could be a very affective way to accomplish this. The teams should be broken up into pools of 4 with the winners moving to the right and the looses to the left. Then have Sundays brackets determined by the position you finished in your pool. It would eliminate the late night emails and phone calls regarding game times for Sunday. These are just a few things that IMO would make this a better tournament.
Longdisttrvlballer

by callegacy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:46 pm

Those are great suggestions and I know that the pfx is addressing them. They talked to several coaches at the event and asked for Ideas on how to make it a better event. Not knowing who you play untill 1:30am is not good for everyone Lets hope these suggestions are taken and put to good use.

Coach B.
callegacy

PreviousNext

Return to CA