Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

PFX Tournament

by onthejuice » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:36 am

Does anyone out there know who is participating in the upcoming PFX Tournament in Rancho Cucamonga?
:?
onthejuice

by onthejuice » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:24 pm

With a little research I finally got a list of participating teams and even a schedule, wow! The jury is still out on the PFX Tour.

Just for fun I would like to challenge the experts, take a look at the list of 12U teams and pick how they will finish. The most accurate will win the title of "The All Knowing Prognosticator ". So bring your "A" game.

SVG Heat 12u
Caught Stealing
American Pastime
Team Smith 96
Minors Gold 97
Revenge 97
Revenge 96
So Cal Enforcers
USA Athletics
Upland All Stars
Hemet Valley Dirt Divas
OC Batbusters (Marquez)
Team Madness
The Academy Black 96/97
Cal Storm
HB Breeze
Team Smith 97
Rancho Black/Red
OC Fierce
Xtreme Heat
onthejuice

by cantbelievemyeyes » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:22 pm

Are both Batbusters (Marquez) teams going to be there?
cantbelievemyeyes

by weekend4trvl » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:31 pm

Team Smith 96 and OC BB.... 8-) 8-)
weekend4trvl

by onthejuice » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:56 pm

The full schedule for all ages is on the PFX website now.
http://www.pfxtour.com check schedules :D
onthejuice

by onthejuice » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:37 pm

Yes, breaks are very plentliful in this tournament. As I mentioned earlier, the jury is still out on PFX. :x
onthejuice

by fastpitchfever » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:48 am

:arrow:
Last edited by fastpitchfever on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
fastpitchfever

by SSdad » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:55 am

fastpitchfever wrote:There is a long break in between, because it gives all teams the opportunity to partipcate in the activities back at the epicenter. Pro~-game, clinics, challenges, etc!!! It should be a great weekend!!!!!

a.k.a.- spend money
It's better to keep your mouth shut and look like you're stupid......
than to open it and remove all doubt.
SSdad

by bracketologist » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:15 pm

onthejuice wrote:With a little research I finally got a list of participating teams and even a schedule, wow! The jury is still out on the PFX Tour.

Just for fun I would like to challenge the experts, take a look at the list of 12U teams and pick how they will finish. The most accurate will win the title of "The All Knowing Prognosticator ". So bring your "A" game.

SVG Heat 12u
Caught Stealing
American Pastime
Team Smith 96
Minors Gold 97
Revenge 97
Revenge 96
So Cal Enforcers
USA Athletics
Upland All Stars
Hemet Valley Dirt Divas
OC Batbusters (Marquez)
Team Madness
The Academy Black 96/97
Cal Storm
HB Breeze
Team Smith 97
Rancho Black/Red
OC Fierce
Xtreme Heat

Ok I'll take a shot at predicting some of the results. Using the top 17 data only - there are three teams that should have a chance at winning this tournament:

OC Batbusters (J.Marquez) ranked #6 – Top ranked team at the tournament so they should make the finals. This team carries a B+ grade, so they could lose to a B team (#8 Team Smith 96 or #16 Revenge) and this would not surprise me. Note lost in the finals in their last 12u tourney to #15 Surfcity Slammers and they were not competitive. Need to make the finals and play competitively in the final.

Team Smith 96 ranked #8 – Most people believe there is a big drop after the top 6 teams. Team Smith 96 could put this to rest by beating the #6 OC Batbusters. Finals or bust for this team.

Revenge 96 – This team has played a difficult schedule, as a no-name 12u team often playing up in 14u. They have played some of the top 5 12u teams very close, but have yet to score the upset. This would be a major victory for this team to win this tournament, however dropping out early to a non-ranked team would hurt the team confidence. Need to make the semi-finals or bust!

Non-rated teams with potential – no order.

HB Breeze – Interesting team, can maybe steal the tournament if they only have to play one of the top three teams.

American Pastime – Good for a surprise or two, don’t think they can put three solid games together to win it all.

OC Fierce – Ok so they are going back to rec! They are getting better at each friendly… at this tournament they should not be easy road kill.

Hemet Valley Dirt Divas – Not sure if this is the same Dirt Divas team, but if so they should be able to be competitive enough to advance past the 1st round.

If any team outside these 8 wins the tournment - I will put them in the next top 20 and this would prove that there is little gap between the top 6-17 teams and the rest of the inconsistent field of competitive teams.
bracketologist

by SB drama » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:04 pm

Marquez's has 2 teams? Are they that good???
SB drama

Next

Return to CA