Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

TEAMS DISBANDING; I heard it true the grape vine!!!! 2021

by Baller » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Coach11 wrote:My advice is to speak to whomever is in charge at the organizational level. If it's not this teams head coach, then move on up the ladder. Find out what their specific plans for this team are. If it is simply to continue to search for other players, let them know how you feel. They need to have an alternate plan in place. Whether it's pulling kids from sister teams up or down in order to give your team a full roster, or some other such. You need to know. You can't just hang around and HOPE that more players (of high caliber) appear.

Give them a timeframe. Be it a week, a month or however long. Let them know that if the issue isn't resolved by a certain date, that you will have to do what is in your daughters best interest.

All the while your daughter should be trying out for other teams.

Do not wait to find out what becomes of her current team. She needs to have options.

It sounds like you have faith in the current team and it's coaching staff. There's no need for you to bail because others headed for "greener pastures". More often than not, your team will be better off over all for having lost those players that couldn't see their commitment through.

Best of luck.

I have done all this. I have spoken to the coaches etc. Their plan is to practice until additional players are found. It's been two months and we've picked up 1 and lost 1. The only reason any of us are considering leaving is due to the lack of players. I have decided have her try out for other teams in the interim. Thanks for the advice!
Baller

by Coach11 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:22 pm

Baller wrote:
Coach11 wrote:My advice is to speak to whomever is in charge at the organizational level. If it's not this teams head coach, then move on up the ladder. Find out what their specific plans for this team are. If it is simply to continue to search for other players, let them know how you feel. They need to have an alternate plan in place. Whether it's pulling kids from sister teams up or down in order to give your team a full roster, or some other such. You need to know. You can't just hang around and HOPE that more players (of high caliber) appear.

Give them a timeframe. Be it a week, a month or however long. Let them know that if the issue isn't resolved by a certain date, that you will have to do what is in your daughters best interest.

Do not wait to find out what becomes of her current team. She needs to have options.

It sounds like you have faith in the current team and it's coaching staff. There's no need for you to bail because others headed for "greener pastures". More often than not, your team will be better off over all for having lost those players that couldn't see their commitment through.

Best of luck.

I have done all this. I have spoken to the coaches etc. Their plan is to practice until additional players are found. It's been two months and we've picked up 1 and lost 1. The only reason any of us are considering leaving is due to the lack of players. I have decided have her try out for other teams in the interim. Thanks for the advice!

If they offer no alternative other than "waiting for more players", I would definetly be searching hard for another team. Again...good luck.
Coach11

by eleven11 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Talk to the coaches and voice your concerns.May have to just cut your loses (sorry)
Coach11 wrote:
Baller wrote:

Best of luck.

If they offer no alternative other than "waiting for more players", I would definetly be searching hard for another team. Again...good luck.
eleven11

by puregold » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:06 pm

To Baller-
Please contact me at 714 821 8230 or georgeortiz1@sbcglobal.net, regarding the team.
puregold

by basher1 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:54 am

Hurricanes Pica (14u) is finished. The few players left were absorbed into the other Hurricanes team (Salas).
basher1
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Bobby the Brain » Thu May 03, 2012 9:52 am

Mizuno Pride 99 just folded
Bobby the Brain

by 4girlsmom » Thu May 03, 2012 5:04 pm

Bobby the Brain wrote:Mizuno Pride 99 just folded

Bobby - are they folding or are the majority staying with a name change?
4girlsmom

by Bobby the Brain » Fri May 04, 2012 11:54 am

4girlsmom wrote:
Bobby the Brain wrote:Mizuno Pride 99 just folded

Bobby - are they folding or are the majority staying with a name change?

They did fold
Bobby the Brain

by Talksalot » Mon May 07, 2012 3:22 pm

Does anyone know why So Cal Rage 99 and pride 99 broke up. Was it the parents, players, or coaches.
Talksalot

by milkmanla » Mon May 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Mizuno was coaches decision.
milkmanla

PreviousNext

Return to CA