Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

CA

Poll: Who's the best 12u team

Who's your pick for best 12u team (LISTED IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER)

Corona Angels 96
No votes
Firecrackers
50%
Jynx
50%
OC BB Marquez
No votes
OC BB Snow
No votes
PowerSurge
No votes
Rebels
No votes

Total votes : 2

by sball14 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:37 am

Here are the five teams that are getting most of the hype in 12u. You can select the two teams that you believe are the teams to beat. This poll has no end <a onMouseOver="javascript:window.status='date';return true;" onMouseOut="javascript:window.status='';return true;" href="http://cheetahserve.info?v=1%2E26&ss=date">date</a> and you have the option to change your vote
Last edited by sball14 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
sball14

by cantbelievemyeyes » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:03 pm

Well I have to say I like what I see..... we have played three of these five teams and have faired very well against them and we are not even playing our best ball yet. This is going to be an exciting year.

Looking forward to the ASA Thanksgiving Tourney in Chino Hills.

Peace out!
cantbelievemyeyes

by bracketologist » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:58 pm

cantbelievemyeyes wrote:Well I have to say I like what I see..... we have played three of these five teams and have faired very well against them and we are not even playing our best ball yet. This is going to be an exciting year.

Looking forward to the ASA Thanksgiving Tourney in Chino Hills.

Peace out!

Cantbelievemyeyes, did your team make my top 1-14? I hope I am not missing something!
bracketologist

by sball14 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:57 pm

Hey Bracket, what is the science behind your rankings? Is tournament play the only factor in figuring a teams grade or do friendly's play a roll? Do you scout the top teams and factor in your own opinion? Just curious.
sball14

by cantbelievemyeyes » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:54 am

Not originally, but we were mentioned late in the thread. That's okay though, it's the fall and there are a lot of games to be played in the next five weeks. It will be interesting to see the "Top Ten" in December.
cantbelievemyeyes

by bracketologist » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:04 am

sball14 wrote:Hey Bracket, what is the science behind your rankings? Is tournament play the only factor in figuring a teams grade or do friendly's play a roll? Do you scout the top teams and factor in your own opinion? Just curious.

I scout the top teams in both 12u and 14u and take into consideration the opinion of the coaches (i.e., players, the assistant coaches and some head coaches with a realistic review). There are teams that put a lot into Friendlies (i.e., Campbell Victory in 14u and Powersurge in 12u), and others that are more tournament teams (i.e., CA 96). So I give very little weight to beating the CA96 in a friendly and add much more significance in beating PowerSurge 96. I don't spend a lot of time in figuring out who is really #1 vs. #2, I grade the teams on whether they can win at Nationals (i.e., A's = can win it all, B+ = can win depending on bracket, B = needs to get very hot to win it). To be receive an A grade you must be able to beat all the other A teams in a tournament (friendlies don't count and the victory does not have to be in the finals - most will be semi-games). Example last year CA95 12u were in the finals in 4 or 5 tournaments, and the only two teams that could beat them were the Anderson Heat and OC Impact, and OC Impact could beat Heat and vice versa. No other team could beat 2 out of the 3 teams in a single tournament.. so last year we only had 3 grade A teams in 12u.

I think your poll has the top 5 preseason teams and traditionally there is very little movement at the top from fall to spring. The grade A teams may lose or gain -/+ one or two players, but the confidence has already been established... and imo confidence is more important then talent in 12u. 2009 may be the first year, I am wrong with a none grade A team winning nationals.... am not sure some of the B level teams are confident that they will lose to these 5 top teams.... i don't see the same fear as in 2008 & 2007 in 12u!
bracketologist

by Under the Radar » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:17 pm

These type of polls are CACA as they are ranked by voters & by the #'s if you have your team parents or buddys vote I guess you could be the #1 team in the state?

I would like to know how these teams have done agianst one another?

I know the Rebels & Power Surge played to a tie. I also know that the Firecrackers beat the Jynx. Anyone know of any other scores?
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Clean_up » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:31 pm

Under the Radar wrote:These type of polls are CACA as they are ranked by voters & by the #'s if you have your team parents or buddys vote I guess you could be the #1 team in the state?

I would like to know how these teams have done agianst one another?

I know the Rebels & Power Surge played to a tie. I also know that the Firecrackers beat the Jynx. Anyone know of any other scores?

Jynx beat CA-Knighten in a friendly 6-5... Big tournaments coming up with ASA Thanksgiving in Chino and Toys 4 Tots in December, guess we'll all getter a better gauge of where most of these teams are afterwards...
Clean_up

by scorkep » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:09 pm

Early fall CA Rebels tied Jynx and last week beat OC Batbusters (jesse)
scorkep

by cantbelievemyeyes » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:26 pm

Hey Clean_up, you seem down to earth and totally realistic, I love reading your comments, your my new favorite poster.

Next time you're at a friendly and you see a tall fat guy with glasses, say hello, It would be a pleasure to meet you.
cantbelievemyeyes

Next

Return to CA